• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Special version of Pokémon X and Y to be playable at 12 Aeon Malls: Will include excl

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Special version of Pokémon X and Y to be playable at 12 Aeon Malls: Will include exclusive ...

A special version of Pokémon X and Y will be playable at 12 different Aeon Malls in Japan between Aug. 20 and Sept. 1, 2013. They will include exclusive content, which is full of Mega Evolutions.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Special version of Pokémon X and Y to be playable at 12 Aeon Malls: Will include

That is just unfair. Why all the goods go first straight to Japan!? Isn't Pokemon XY on sale WORLDWIDE on October?

Re: Special version of Pokémon X and Y to be playable at 12 Aeon Malls: Will include

Japan gets demos, and America doesn't, typical....

That is just unfair. Why all the goods go first straight to Japan!? Isn't Pokemon XY on sale WORLDWIDE on October?

I agree with you, it's been like that way since Gen 3, most people don't see Pokemon as being popular outside of Japan anymore, they feel kids only like American-bred stuff like Spongebob and Star Wars, and considering Anime has been becoming more and more rare on American TV unless it's late at night or on channels most people don't get, Japanese stuff just isn't popular in the states anymore.

In fact, Japan gets a ton of merchandise and stuff and three or so Pokemon stores, America barely gets any, you go to Wal-Mart and they only sell stuff related to the current season of the anime, and you have to import everything from Japan via online shopping sites. It hasn't been the same since the Pokemon Center in New York closed and it became a general Nintendo store, with Pokemon limited to a really small corner on the first floor while Mario and Zelda dominate the store, they also closed the online store.

I feel the franchise just isn't as popular in America anymore unless you go online and talk to the many Pokemon fans there, I rarely see anyone in the target audience liking Pokemon in real life, it's all teens and grown-ups, and even then, it's getting rarer and rarer except on the internet.

Japan always gets special treatment because it's the home of Pokemon. Platinum expansion of My Ranch for Japan only, countless events and distributions and merchandise for Japan only, and worst of all, Pokemon Crystal, GS Ball went to... Japan only :/

Be thankful you live in America, the UK is even more unloved.

Don't forget that South Korea is actually getting these demos before Japan. They're also coming to Germany later. Chances are they will be available in the US as well, just at a later date that hasn't been announced yet. Or even better, they'll just be released on the eShop.

Japan gets demos, and America doesn't, typical....
Don't forget that the US just had that huge Best Buy promotion, which to my knowledge Japan did not have an equivalent of. Pokemon may not have been featured, but I'm willing to bet there were a whole bunch of disgruntled Japanese Nintendo fans who said the exact opposite thing when that was announced.

In fact, Japan gets a ton of merchandise and stuff and three or so Pokemon stores, America barely gets any, you go to Wal-Mart and they only sell stuff related to the current season of the anime, and you have to import everything from Japan via online shopping sites.
To be fair, even in the Pokemon Center stores in Japan, they really only sell things to do with the latest anime/games as well.

I feel the franchise just isn't as popular in America anymore unless you go online and talk to the many Pokemon fans there, I rarely see anyone in the target audience liking Pokemon in real life, it's all teens and grown-ups, and even then, it's getting rarer and rarer except on the internet.
Chances are that's because you're mainly talking to teens and grownups. Go to a primary school (elementary school?) and you'll probably see plenty of kids playing Pokemon (unless they're not allowed to at that school).

Japan always gets special treatment because it's the home of Pokemon. Platinum expansion of My Ranch for Japan only, countless events and distributions and merchandise for Japan only, and worst of all, Pokemon Crystal, GS Ball went to... Japan only :/
The Platinum expansion of Ranch never got released outside of Japan because Ranch just wasn't that popular. GS Ball was due to the distribution method using mobile phones, which were huge in Japan but very rare in the US at the time.

Most Japan-exclusive distributions aren't that great anyway. On the other hand, there is currently an event distribution announced for many countries, but not Japan: the Shiny creation trio.

Also, don't forget that this year was the first time ever the Pokemon World Championships have been held outside the United States, and they only went as far as Canada. Japan has never had the Pokemon World Championships, despite being the home of Pokemon.

Emphasizing this. Before you complain about how America never gets anything Pokemon, consider poor New Zealand that very rarely even get in-store events, and last time they did it was limited to 3 stores in the same city (for an event that was supposed to be country-wide); this was the first year they got an invite to the Pokemon World Championships, but to do so they had to enter an online form where they would say what Pokemon they would use and why; one person got flown to Australia based on this alone and got to compete in the Australian National Champions for a chance to represent Australia (for the record, they didn't win, and I never even heard it mentioned at the event that they were there, but the promotion did run).

In fact, New Zealand is pretty lucky compared to some other countries as well.

Last edited:

Well, I know a lot of Pokemon fans like to collect plush dolls, I go to Wal-Mart and their either all sold out, or they're always crappy Pokemon that few people like such as Pidove and Munna, I was lucky to even find an Oshawott plush (and I'm more of a Snivy person), the other plush I own I had to import from Japan, and I had trouble with it because I don't own a Credit Card or PayPal of my own and had to ask my mom to use hers, and she had a fit because she thinks I'm too old for Pokemon.

Sometimes I wish to go to Japan, but I struggle at learning the language, and I never have enough money to go there.

Chances are that's because you're mainly talking to teens and grownups. Go to a primary school (elementary school?) and you'll probably see plenty of kids playing Pokemon (unless they're not allowed to at that school).

I tried to talk to kids around the target age, and they act like they've never heard of the franchise at all. I tried getting my cousin back when he was 8 years old into the franchise (it was Gen 4 at the time), and he wouldn't get into it, and he's my youngest relative that isn't a newborn, everyone else I'm related to is in college or married already. I live in a rural area, most of the people in my area are farmers or older people than me, so I really know nobody in real life who likes Pokemon at all, be it my age or not, everyone I know is online.

I wish they would release an eShop demo instead. Even if the demo was playable in America, I wouldn't be able to play it, since I don't live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom