• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPECULATION: Ash's reason for being in Luminose City?

Velvet

Reaction score
This is something that I've been wondering about, as it has been confirmed that's the place where he'd be starting off in. My thought is with the recent rumors that have been floating around in regards to Sycamore handing out the Kanto starters is there a possibility that the reason Ash travels there is because he has to deliver them to him? In and turn meets Shauna, Tierno, Callam/Serena and Trevor?

On the official site (Professor Sycamore), the second screenshot of Sycamore has a caption saying that the player first meets him in Lumiose City. That could easily explain a lot about Ash starting there. The rumour of a Professor Sycamore handing out Kanto starters is interesting too, would be a nice reason for Ash to travel.

Makes you wonder what happens with the other characters though if they are indeed going to be Ash's companions. Maybe the Kalos starters are delivered by an assistant (or Ash?) kinda like how you get them in Black 2 and White 2?

I think Ash will just learn there's a league in Kalos and he will go there, given XY characters are going to appear soon in anime he may even get the information sooner than expected.

@SlimeStack; It would be different too, plus it gives something Ash to do then simply heading there for the league. Which is probably one of the key factors that makes him head there in the first place. Even so, the scenario would be refreshing and new plus getting a chance to see the Kalos starters as well as the Kanto starters side by side with one another seeing how much things have changed over the years.
@Magma Bomb; Oh that's pretty much a given lol.

What I want to know is which character is going to promote at least one of the Kanto starters. Seeing Charmander and eventually Charmeleon again wouldn't feel repetitive.

That definitely is an interest question since: Ash, Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, Serena and Callam (Or one of the player characters or both being replaced by anime exclusive characters) each equal up to six. Obviously, Ash is going to get one of the Kalos starters or catches one later on. I'd honestly like either Shauna or Serena to have Charmender to be honest.

Ash will replace Calem in the team for sure. So there's five. But you're definitely right - the games have more characters than starters and the site says everyone will get a partner.

Ash will replace Calem in the team for sure. So there's five. But you're definitely right - the games have more characters than starters and the site says everyone will get a partner.
The player will get both a Kalos starter and a Kanto one, leaving four starters for the remaining four characters. But the anime is a different matter since Ash may very well get all three Kalos starters and we can safely assume he won't get another Kanto starter.

I don't expect to see Shauna, Trevor, Tierno or Serena in Lumiose City as that would defeat the purpose of deviating from the games.

@SlimeStack; oh yeah kinda forgot that Ash is wear 'Callam' outfit, sorry that slipped my mind there!
@Silktree: That... could be true. But I mean in the sense of all six starters (Kalos and Kanto) being presented before new trainers, not in the sense of capturing. Though, we have had game characters appear before in the anime such, as painful as it is to say, Best Wishes. Though the new female companion could end up getting one of the Kalos starters and then later on getting a Kanto starter or vice versa.

The player will get both a Kalos starter and a Kanto one, leaving four starters for the remaining four characters. But the anime is a different matter since Ash may very well get all three Kalos starters and we can safely assume he won't get another Kanto starter.

I don't expect to see Shauna, Trevor, Tierno or Serena in Lumiose City as that would defeat the purpose of deviating from the games.

Are they deviating though? Ash always starts where the professor is. Sycamore lives in Lumiose City (or that's where you meet him first in the games), so Ash starting there is no different to how May and Dawn lived in different towns from their professor.

This really weird because I would have waited till later in the Region to come here I think.

Are they deviating though? Ash always starts where the professor is. Sycamore lives in Lumiose City (or that's where you meet him first in the games), so Ash starting there is no different to how May and Dawn lived in different towns from their professor.
It's deviating from the games where the player most likely gets his Kalos starter from Tierno. It also means that Ash has to backtrack to get to the first gym.

I honestly think Ash's next companion will also be a gym leader. Him going straight to Lumiose might indicate that the gym leader of that gym could join Ash for whatever reason, especially if there's a Fairy typed gym.

It's deviating from the games where the player most likely gets his Kalos starter from Tierno. It also means that Ash has to backtrack to get to the first gym.

Not like Ash has to get a starter from him. If they do use the game characters they could easily get their starters the same way as the games then meet in the first gym town.

The way Kalos is designed it looks like Lumiose City is a central hub that connects several parts of the region together so it wouldn't even really be backtracking for Ash.

he got lost and realized he shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque instead of right

Maybe because Alexa is a giornalist from Lumiose City and we know that she will travel with Ash until they reach Kanto. After that I think she will continue to travel with Ash until they reach Lumiose City, which may be her hometown.
Maybe he meets there the Serena, Shauna, Tierno or Trevor and one of them becomes Ash's companion.(which I would like to be Serena).

Alexa wil probably invite Ash to Kalos! So he comes to Luminose and probably meets the prof and maybe travel companions there.

The supposed Fairy Type leader won't battle him cause he only has Pika or battle him with his Fairy star and defeat Pika or won't be in town at all.

So after that Ash travels to Vannivile city maybe to give the in game characters their starters or he just travels to the First Gym!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom