• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation: New Eeveelution to be revealed next week?

Reaction score
As most people know, Eevee and its evolutions have been heavily promoted in Japan, both in the anime but even more so in merchandise releases. Some fans think that this is nothing more than a nod to Eevee being available in B2W2, while others think that there doesn't have to be a reason for a marketable Pokémon to be promoted. But personally, I don't find either of those explanations satisfactory, since the current Eevee promotion far eclipses its promotion during Generation IV, where it was more relevant due to having two new evolutions and being featured in Platinum as well as HGSS. That is why I've been suspicious that a new Eeveelution may be in the cards, with the anime using it as a plot device for the Unova League climax.

Up until now, I've found no evidence to substantiate this theory. But that has now changed with the announcement of a lottery-based Pokémon Center promotion, which involves some very interesting postcards:

121130_p02_pic01.jpg

Those postcards will be released from December 8th to December 14th. What does the question mark represent? Eevee and the seven Eeveelutions are accounted for, and there is no reason why an unrelated Pokémon would be involved here. While December 8th leaves no time for a CoroCoro announcement, we do know that next week's anime episode will be followed by a TV announcement. Granted, as far as we know the information will be about Episode N and possibly Movie 16, but there is actually no reason why an Eeveelution couldn't be revealed at the same time if it were relevant to the climax of the Unova League.

Edit: Unfortunately, it turns out that the postcards were previously released last month, and the "secret" card merely contains an ensemble picture of Eevee and the seven Eeveelutions.

Last edited:
That is likely as toward the end of a saga in the anime a next gen Pokemon is revealed, a la Munchlax, Kecleon, Blaziken, Marill, etc. It likely won't be a dragon as that is the only missing formerly special types. I'm hoping that it will be a new set of Eevee's focusing on the formerly physical spectrum.

I shouldn't do this, but...
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
I probably shouldn't be too excited since we don't even know for sure that we are getting a new eeveelution. But a new one will be really cool, and it means we're not too far from Gen VI (probably).

I could definitely see them introducing another Eeveelution. The league won't conclude until next year so they have the time to promote it in the Ash vs. Virgil battle.

For types, since there's only one postcard, I'd assume dragon to complete the special spectrum, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's something else such as a fully evolved normal form.

Last edited:
I would love a flying eeveelution :3 . A Flying or poison type. OOOOO WHAT ABOUT A GHOST TYPE? Oh I know! A fighting type! Give espeon someone to knock around for awhile and someone to keep umbreon on it's toes!

I definately see it being possible. Blaziken was revealed in the league before R/S. I really like Eeveelutions and I'd love to see more. I dont think it will be just the "Special" types, seeing as there arent physical/special types anymore I see any type. Steel and Poison are ones Id like to see but Id like, though Id like to see any type not already covered.

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE.

Ahem...

I hope it's a Dragon-type evolution. As @TerraWolf said, that's the only "special" type missing.

Oh sweet :D I like the eeveelutions a lot... hope it's true! I say Dragon to complete the special types but hm... eeveelutions are almost always debued in pairs (except for Jolteon/Flareon/Vaporeon) So Dragon and... what else?

I think that postcard set pretty much seals the deal for me.

As far as its type goes, I'm going to be bold and suggest that they introduce a new type: the Light type. For me, it'd be far more interesting than just having the new Eeveelution be one of the existing types. Plus, this may sound silly, but it's position between Jolteon and Flareon looks a bit suspect to me, since both can emit light in a way. I'm not saying that the Light type itself would be that literal (I think it would be more of a behavorial type, like the Dark type), but it could be hinting at a Light type.

Of course I could be totally wrong. I'm not sure if they'd go as far as introducing a new type. So if it is an existing type, then I'd be interested in a Ghost-type Eeveelution.

PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Ahem. This would be incredibly interesting. It seems like the new Unova Leauge is bringing us loads of surprises, haha. A Ghost Type Eeveloution would be especially awesome to see.

As far as its type goes, I'm going to be bold and suggest that they introduce a new type: the Light type. For me, it'd be far more interesting than just having the new Eeveelution be one of the existing types. Plus, this may sound silly, but it's position between Jolteon and Flareon looks a bit suspect to me, since both can emit light in a way.

121130_p02_pic02.jpg
What I find more suspicious is the empty room upstairs. If it were Umbreon's room, why would it be outside watching the moon? For that matter, the light penetrating the window looks too bright to be moonlight.

I guess that I may as well mention this rumor. I don't believe it mainly because it stipulates that Generation VI isn't due to be released next year, but the source has some reliability, so it is worth mentioning:

– Mainline 3DS Pokemon game needs roughly two more years before it’s released. Uses a full 3D engine and will have a story dealing with a world wide crisis. A new Pokemon type will be introduced (has not been done since Gold and Silver) and while not as many new Pokemon as in past gens older Pokemon will get new abilities and forms. Will maximize the Nintendo 3DS use of 3D, StreetPass and online connectivity. The first NFC game for Wii U will be a next gen Battrio game coming out in all regions.

Last edited:
Maybe Umbreon just wanted to sit on the roof for while? Haha I don't know...I'm not sure about the empty room, but yeah, moonlight is definitely not that bright.

I really hope they're not making us wait that long for a new generation.

A new Eeveelution? Well that clearly destroys my prediction of having Unova-only pre-evolved/evolved forms in Gen VI's pokedex roster (so the pre-Unova Pokemon can be available in the R/S remakes thus no future evos for them). It obviously has to be a Dragon-type Eeveelution, because it's the last former special-based type left for Eevee.

It would be hard to refute the possibility of a new Eeveelution with the evidence provided. All of the Eevee fanfare over the past month or so has felt a bit excessive to me, even now when it seems to be culminating in the unveiling of a new member of the evolutionary family. As others have already mentioned, it wouldn't be unusual to see a new Pokemon make its debut during a League arc as that is how Blaziken made its bow into the Pokemon world.

I predict that the potential new Eeveelution will be a Dragon type because it is the only traditional 'Special' type remaining. In addition, it would be very relevant to reveal it during the Year of the Dragon. In any case, i'm really psyched that this could be the beginning of the road to Gen VI, especially because it could perhaps involve further evos/pre-evos of older gen Pokemon being revealed (which was something I loved about the hype prior to Diamond and Pearl).

EDIT: May I also add that Coro-Coro will be released in the period that the postcards are due for release? If the speculated Eeveelution is to also be revealed in the upcoming issue, it makes me wonder whether it is unprecedented that a Pokemon is showcased in that magazine without being silhouetted in an earlier issue.

Last edited:
EDIT: May I also add that Coro-Coro will be released in the period that the postcards are due for release? If the speculated Eeveelution is to also be revealed in the upcoming issue, it makes me wonder whether it is unprecedented that a Pokemon is showcased in that magazine without being silhouetted in an earlier issue.
CoroCoro revealing a new Pokémon without foreshadowing it is not unprecedented. But it is due for release on the 15th after this promotion, so I only see the magazine adding more information rather than actually revealing the potential new Eeveelution.

I wouldn't mind if it turned out to be a just a Normal-type evolution of Eevee. Could be cool.

I guess that I may as well mention this rumor. I don't believe it mainly because it stipulates that Generation VI isn't due to be released next year, but the source has some reliability, so it is worth mentioning:

– Mainline 3DS Pokemon game needs roughly two more years before it’s released. Uses a full 3D engine and will have a story dealing with a world wide crisis. A new Pokemon type will be introduced (has not been done since Gold and Silver) and while not as many new Pokemon as in past gens older Pokemon will get new abilities and forms. Will maximize the Nintendo 3DS use of 3D, StreetPass and online connectivity. The first NFC game for Wii U will be a next gen Battrio game coming out in all regions.
Interesting rumor. New type eh? That sure would be a gamble.

I wouldn't mind if it turned out to be a just a Normal-type evolution of Eevee. Could be cool.

Interesting rumor. New type eh? That sure would be a gamble.

Honestly the very mention of news types made me instantly think this rumor is totally fake... sad to say everything (but the new types I fucking hate those rumors!) sounds pretty cool but yeah highly doubt they'll add new types after 10+ years of 17 types hell they removed the ??? type in Gen V...

This is definitely plausible and very, very possible. I'd love to see a Dragon eeveelution, though a Fighting-type would also be a welcome option.

PLEASE, PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!

Hopefully this is true. I really hope they release a Rock or Ghost Eevee. A dual typed Eevee would be cool too!

DualPixels' rumor is all-around way too fishy to believe. Seems like a fan-list of great things that could happen to gaming, and many things mentioned don't necessarily agree with respective companies' policies. I wouldn't give it too much credit, to be honest.

In any case, this is very exciting! I'm also interested in the possibility of a new type. Would be a good shake-up of things, and a nice excuse to pick on the Types Chart a little. Eeveelutions never let down! Fingers crossed!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom