• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation: New Eeveelution to be revealed next week?

Gettin' a bit heated, dude. oAo I wouldn't mind a new Eevolution as long as he's a Dragon type, that's the last Special type Eevolution we need.

Sooooo we're not allowed to speculate anymore because one person hasn't finished their Pokedex?

Oh and we're the ones being antagonistic. Okay.

Sooooo we're not allowed to speculate anymore because one person hasn't finished their Pokedex?

Oh and we're the ones being antagonistic. Okay.

All I meant was I didn't want it to be revealed yet you misunderstood me. Sorry

What I have in mind is a measure of the synergy between two Pokémon in the same party.

Wow, that sounds pretty good. Like Mantyke and Remoraid? Can't remember if there are any other Pokemon that need another Pokemon in party to evolve.

Wow, that sounds pretty good. Like Mantyke and Remoraid? Can't remember if there are any other Pokemon that need another Pokemon in party to evolve.
The only other comparable example is that of Shelmet and Karrablast, but they need to be traded for each other as opposed to being in the same party.

My idea wouldn't involve pairing Eevee with a specific Pokémon, but rather increasing its synergy with any Pokémon in the party. The natural way to do so would be by having the two Pokémon battle together in double, triple and rotation battles, but even single battles could increase the synergy measure under certain conditions (for instance, by using supporting moves like Baton Pass).

I've had this idea for a few months now, so I was immediately surprised when I learned back in September that Virgil's Eevee would have a supporting role in the rescue team. It used Protect and Helping Hand to aid Flareon in a double battle, which I thought had to mean something since that kind of strategy wouldn't work in the single battles in the league. But now it seems that Eevee's moves will just be replaced with the likes of Iron Tail, Trump Card and Return. :-/

Last edited:
Little News:

Masuda posted on Twitter that he will record Smash today.

Orginal post see here: http://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/st...56661979471872

Translated version: Chu got home from dinner now! ! ! I was a busy day wonderfully Well, today I was tired and now meeting at 3:30 am, meeting, recording Pokesuma [= Pokemon Smash], meetings, dinner! ! ! Everyone, Do Sai Good night! ! !

So maybe he will reveal something new next month? Maybe a new pokemon, which could appear in M16, who knows?

What do you think?

Last edited:
eevee in sixth gen that bulllcrap because that creates a plothole like for e.g
if leafeon/espeon/glaceon/umbreon existed

then why didnt they exist in the kanto pokedex

in fact why is isnt the kanto pokedex updated

Little News:

Masuda posted on Twitter that he will record Smash today.

Orginal post see here: http://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/st...56661979471872

Translated version: Chu got home from dinner now! ! ! I was a busy day wonderfully Well, today I was tired and now meeting at 3:30 am, meeting, recording Pokesuma [= Pokemon Smash], meetings, dinner! ! ! Everyone, Do Sai Good night! ! !

So maybe he will reveal something new next month? Maybe a new pokemon, which could appear in M16, who knows?

What do you think?

Well that's interesting, so possibly within the next month we may have new information on the new gen.

What do you think?
I think that it should be related to Generation VI, although Masuda's previous Smash appearance last month was a waste of time. If he recorded the show today, it should be broadcast on December 30th or January 6th. In fact, I think that even December 16th and 23rd are possibilities, since Smash is apparently recorded once a month in a batch of four episodes.

But right now I am more interested in Masuda's autograph session next week (on the 14th). He will answer questions posted on Twitter, so he may foreshadow a later announcement as he did earlier this year with B2W2. During the Q&A session in February, a fan asked Masuda about the sequels to Black and White, to which he replied that he would announce some information the following week on Smash. That led to the announcement of B2W2 and the Kyurem Formes. Chances are that the fan who asked that question didn't just happen to do so, since most people had expected to see a third version.

Jump Festa (the event in which Conquest was announced last year) is scheduled for December 22-23, which is around a week after the autograph session. Perhaps that event is what Masuda will foreshadow, but it is definitely possible that only a spin-off game will be revealed then (unless, of course, CoroCoro announces the next spin-off game next week).

Last edited:
Well, it wasn't announced on the 6th, but we still have CoroCoro to look foward to, so that will at least give us SOME hints.

I think that it should be related to Generation VI, although Masuda's previous Smash appearance last month was a waste of time. If he recorded the show today, it should be broadcast on December 30th or January 6th. In fact, I think that even December 16th and 23rd are possibilities, since Smash is apparently recorded once a month in a batch of four episodes.

But right now I am more interested in Masuda's autograph session next week (on the 14th). He will answer questions posted on Twitter, so he may foreshadow a later announcement as he did earlier this year with B2W2. During the Q&A session in February, a fan asked Masuda about the sequels to Black and White, to which he replied that he would announce some information the following week on Smash. That led to the announcement of B2W2 and the Kyurem Formes. Chances are that the fan who asked that question didn't just happen to do so, since most people had expected to see a third version.

Jump Festa (the event in which Conquest was announced last year) is scheduled for December 22-23, which is around a week after the autograph session. Perhaps that event is what Masuda will foreshadow, but it is definitely possible that only a spin-off game will be revealed then (unless, of course, CoroCoro announces the next spin-off game next week).

So you've also noticed all of this? The only real reason I can see to doubt an upcoming game announcement is that December seems a bit too soon to show a new Pokemon or announce full titles, while at the same time a mere "it's coming" announcement would be too unsubstantial for an appearance on Smash and Jump Festa attendance. But then again, Diamond and Pearl were announced quite early weren't they?

Hmm, if only I cared for Twitter. I'd ask Masuda a question or two myself.

Well, it wasn't announced on the 6th, but we still have CoroCoro to look foward to, so that will at least give us SOME hints.

Given the revelation that Ash will in fact not be facing Virgil in the League, I've lost all confidence in an Eeveelution being introduced any time soon. I'm sure it'll happen at some point given we're up for an even numbered generation and either Dragon or Poison/Steel remain undone according to the two possible patterns, and Virgil could even come back to show it off during Episode N, but just not now. Not until the Gen 6 hype train is at full speed.

Someone explain to me how eevee could evolve into a dragon? Eevee evolves due to stones/friendship/environment( icy/moss rock).

Someone explain to me how eevee could evolve into a dragon? Eevee evolves due to stones/friendship/environment( icy/moss rock).
Eevee evolves due to many different methods. Stones for Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon, Friendship and day/night for Espeon and Umbreon, and Location for Leafeon and Glaceon. If a new Eeveelution were released for Gen 6, it will likely use a new or different method of evolution which could allow it to evolve into a Dragon type.

I feel like a Dragon-type Eeveelution wouldn't make sense. Eevee and its evolutions are all roughly based on foxes. So for a fox to evolve into a dragon...it just doesn't work. I know everyone likes the whole pattern of the special-type evolutions or whatever, but I just can't see a Dragon-type Eeveelution happening.

They can make the new eeveelution (if they are actually making it) extremely rare by making some stupid condition for them to evolve.

For one example that is useful to keep the new eeveelution rare but it seems stupid.
The Eevee must be atleast level 50 and battles in a double battle with a Dragon/Steel Type Pokemon, and BOTH of the must level up at the SAME TIME at the end of the battle (which means if the Dragon/Steel or Eevee level up upon the defeat of first Pokemon in the double battle, it will not work)

In these way that these Pokemon will be rare and can actually become valuable to Trainers.

For me, some Pokemons are meant to be rare.

I feel like a Dragon-type Eeveelution wouldn't make sense. Eevee and its evolutions are all roughly based on foxes. So for a fox to evolve into a dragon...it just doesn't work. I know everyone likes the whole pattern of the special-type evolutions or whatever, but I just can't see a Dragon-type Eeveelution happening.
Does a Water type Eevee make sense? Vaporeon to me dosent look very fox like, I feel like if they could make up an Eevee that lives in Water and make all those other typings for it's evos, they can make a Dragon type or any other they please.

Does a Water type Eevee make sense? Vaporeon to me dosent look very fox like, I feel like if they could make up an Eevee that lives in Water and make all those other typings for it's evos, they can make a Dragon type or any other they please.

It makes more sense than a fox evolving into a dragon.

Despite being a Water-type, it still retains its fox-like features in its face. To be specific, its face resembles that of the Fennec fox.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom