• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation: New Eeveelution to be revealed next week?

Does a Water type Eevee make sense? Vaporeon to me dosent look very fox like, I feel like if they could make up an Eevee that lives in Water and make all those other typings for it's evos, they can make a Dragon type or any other they please.

It makes more sense than a fox evolving into a dragon.

Despite being a Water-type, it still retains its fox-like features in its face. To be specific, its face resembles that of the Fennec fox.

Then make the dragon Eeveelution a fox with dragon features. It doesn't have to become a stereotypical dragon just because of its typing.

Hmmm a fox face pasted onto a dragon's body...nope, still doesn't work. Unless you want it to look like something from Deviantart. There's too much contrast between the features of a fox and a dragon. I really don't see how it would be a cohesive design.

Pokemon has done all sorts of weird things. A dragon-fox would be the least of their worries. And I'm pretty sure it would be more than "a fox face pasted onto a dragon's body".

Depends entirely on what kind of dragons were talking about. A good deal of dragons actually do look more mammalian rather than reptilian, especially some of the eastern ones. (some Sea Dragons/Serpents are even horse faced with fur lol) I don't think it would be too much of an issue, Pokemon is mostly fantasy anyways.

A new typing being introduced would be cool as well, but after that last disappointment I'm honestly a bit wary on the new Eeveelution idea as a whole. Virgil just seems to be there to advertise the known Eeveelutions, sadly.

I'm not even holding out on December bringing any Gen 6 news, at most if were lucky something could be foreshadowed, but the best bet is around Jan-Feb for sure on any Gen 6 reveals. I really don't mind being wrong though and getting something early.

Oh duh I didn't even think of the eastern-style dragons. I've been playing too much Dragon Age. u_u

Does a Water type Eevee make sense? Vaporeon to me dosent look very fox like, I feel like if they could make up an Eevee that lives in Water and make all those other typings for it's evos, they can make a Dragon type or any other they please.

It makes more sense than a fox evolving into a dragon.

Despite being a Water-type, it still retains its fox-like features in its face. To be specific, its face resembles that of the Fennec fox.

Then make the dragon Eeveelution a fox with dragon features. It doesn't have to become a stereotypical dragon just because of its typing.

Actually, Flygon, Altaria and even (to certain extent) Reshiram are proofs that a dragon-type Pokémon doesn't have to be "reptillian".

I think a lion-esque Eeveelution could work. Something like this: (just a sketch, don't blame me ^^u)

IMG056.jpg IMG057.jpg

Wings are optional, anyway.

For some reason, I don't want the dragon-type on something as...gimmicky as an Eeveelution. Besides, wouldn't a Dragon-type throw the rough balance between the Eeveelutions out of whack, since Dragon-types are usually much stronger than average pokémon?

For some reason, I don't want the dragon-type on something as...gimmicky as an Eeveelution. Besides, wouldn't a Dragon-type throw the rough balance between the Eeveelutions out of whack, since Dragon-types are usually much stronger than average pokémon?

The dragon Eeveelution would be no stronger than the others since they all have the same BST... besides he'd be weak to Glaceon and himself... Dragon are statistically better but he would hardly be broken look at Druddigon...

If I want a Dragon-type Eeveelution, it should be inspired by Devil, and another Eeveelution (pure Flying-type, NOT dual-type Normal/Flying-type) would be inspired by Angel. Could this make sense? Dragon-type Eeveelution would be ugly but it should resemble evil, and Dragon-type is the only formerly all-special type which not yet covered by Eeveelutions. Pure Flying-type could also make sense.

I also hope it is a dragon type because I am a dragon type breeder and this would be great for my business.

But I must agree with Dragonfyre because I think it would be--to an extent "cheesy".

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been revealed that Eevee and its evolutions will be featured in the 2013 movie short called "Pikachu & Eevee Friends". Obviously, the Eevee promotion will be going at full force even next year during the highly probable Generation VI hype. The movie short seems like an obvious opportunity to introduce at least one new Eeveelution.

Last edited:
A ghost or dragon would be great. Unless they decide to have a normal eeveelution through the good old level up. Probably at level 30 or 35, Eevee evolves in to a a normal.

Remember, the genesect movie could be like the Zoroark or Deoxys movie, where they introduce a new gen Pokémon!

This is interesting. The only current type that might be represented by the last letter is Steel, but the glittering stars hint at something else. This also implies that there will only be one new Eeveelution.

That color is closer to gray than to purple.

Edit: After zooming in I can tell that it is a light hue of purple. It's actually closest to the color associated with Flying, but no Flying-type Pokémon has that color.

Last edited:
An Eevee with Genesect-style armor would be neat.

Maybe the next Pokemon is going futuristic.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom