• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation: New Eeveelution to be revealed next week?

considering it's all about Eevee I say the new Pokemon might just be a new Eeveelution...
That's what I've been getting at. But I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced several new Pokémon (not all necessarily Eeveelutions) considering past shorts (those accompanying Movies 1, 2, 4 and 5). I'd say that the introduction of at least one new Eeveelution is incredibly likely.

Last edited:
considering it's all about Eevee I say the new Pokemon might just be a new Eeveelution...
That's what I've been getting at. But I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced several new Pokémon (not all necessarily Eeveelutions) considering past shorts (those accompanying Movies 1, 2, 4 and 5). I'd say that the introduction of at least one new Eeveelution is incredibly likely.

yeah unless GF decides to troll us again (they've been on a role with that one...) but can't wait...

A new Eeveelution would be awesome, I'd really like to see a Poison/Ground duo, though I'm not getting my hopes up.

I hope they don't release any more Eeveelutions and that there aren't going to be any new Pokemon revealed in the short.

It's only been two years since the last generation release. Every other generation has lasted four years before a new one was released. By far, it's way too early to start promoting a new generation. We'll get Ruby and Sapphire remakes before then.

Every other generation has lasted four years before a new one was released.
Generation II lasted exactly three years; only Generation IV lasted a full four years. There is no reason why Generation V should be prolonged at the expense of the 3DS.

By far, it's way too early to start promoting a new generation. We'll get Ruby and Sapphire remakes before then.
Good luck with that. Nothing at all hints at remakes, and TPCi went as far as to rule out the possibility in a recent Q&A:

Viktorsaurus Radermacherii: What will be different about the mainline Pokemon games on the Nintendo 3DS? In other words, how will the 3DS enhance the Pokemon experience and what can we expect? A new gen or a re-make?

TPCi: While we cannot divulge any direct answers here, something is in development for 3DS that will incorporate the ability of the 3D on the console. It will be a new game- not a remake.
I guess you could argue that they didn't rule out remakes for the DS, but it is incredibly unlikely that they have any plans for that system at this point.

Generation II lasted exactly three years; only Generation IV lasted a full four years.
Basically four years in each. Only Gen 2 to Gen 3 was different and that was likely to push out the new system of Pokemon quickly. Still far too early for a new generation.

There is no reason why Generation V should be prolonged at the expense of the 3DS.
The 3DS to the DS is more like the PSP 3000 to the PSP 1000 than its own system imo. There really isn't a waste.

I guess you could argue that they didn't rule out remakes for the DS, but it is incredibly unlikely that they have any plans for that system at this point.
You really could have said that two years ago too for Black and White, and especially for Black and White 2. I'll have to disagree.

While this isn't the right thread for the argument, Generation 5 is over with, I honestly don't see how people can still be arguing that it isn't. 2012 was the last and final year a major game could be justified on the Nintendo DS, its time to move on, and remakes are not going to kick off the franchises first steps onto the 3DS.

As for new Eeveelution, my faith has been somewhat restored, if only a little mainly because of the movie short. We should get at least one Gen 6 Pokemon in it, and its only logical that all this Eevee focus should mean that its a new Eeveelution. All this also means that Gen 6 WILL come in 2013, a new Eeveelution and another Gen 6 Pokemon starring alongside Genesect seems logical to me.

The 3DS to the DS is more like the PSP 3000 to the PSP 1000 than its own system imo. There really isn't a waste.

No. That's not true at all, the 3DS is firmly Nintendo's next-gen handheld.

Go play Kid Icarus Uprising, and then come back to me and say that could've been done on the DS.

No. That's not true at all, the 3DS is firmly Nintendo's next-gen handheld.

Go play Kid Icarus Uprising, and then come back to me and say that could've been done on the DS.
Did I say anything along the lines of how the 3DS isn't an improvement to the DS? It's a huge improvement over that clunky old thing.

However, it's basically the DS with a 3D top screen. I highly doubt that they'll omit the vastly larger DS userbase to make a game exclusive to a system which hasn't yet sold even 10% of what the DSes have sold. They'll probably make it 3DS-enhanced. They'll make much more money that way, and both parties will be satisfied.

That'd be dumb, because the 3DS has far more space and graphic capabilities that would be held-back if they have to kowtow to DS owners.

Pokemon is a simple game, and Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 had significant visual improvements, even 3D, over their previous DS incarnations without specifically needing such a large amount of memory. We don't need full 3D environments for such a linear RPG.

Mod Note: This thread isn't about R/S Remakes, the ending of the current Gen, handheld systems, or really anything concerning what this thread has turned into. I suggest we bring this thread back on topic to the discussion/speculation of the new eeveelutions please. Let this serve as a warning to all, any further off-topic posting below this post will be given an infraction and/or ending with the thread being closed.

Thank you.

Is it off-topic to say that I highly doubt we'll be getting a new Eeveelution because it's too early to end the generation? Honest question.

Is it off-topic to say that I highly doubt we'll be getting a new Eeveelution because it's too early to end the generation? Honest question.
You've made your point, which I strongly disagree with. You're just asking for a debate by bringing it up again.

To be honest, we already have too many Eeveelutions as is, so I really hope we do not get another one, and especially not revealed through a movie. There is no evidence of it even being possible; even the only evidence used to point at the possibility of a new one potentially being revealed turned out to be just Espeon.

Right now, the only thing supporting the possibility of a new Eeveelution, unless I missed something, is just the hopes of Eevee fans who would eventually like to see Eevee branch out into 17 evolutions. I guess this is speculation, but there's really no evidence for it so this thread is basically "Would you like to see a new Eeveelution?" and that's it.

Then, why all the heavy promotion? Why give it and its Evos so much focus recently? Its not just because people want it, its because signs actually point to there being a good chance there might be a new Eeveelution.

I won't comment on a new gen since its off topic, but I'll just say that 2013 and the start of brand new promotions other than Unova is just around the corner.

Then, why all the heavy promotion? Why give it and its Evos so much focus recently? Its not just because people want it, its because signs actually point to there being a good chance there might be a new Eeveelution.
Heavy promotion? All I've seen is an announcement of what the next Pikachu short will be, along side the movie it will debut with.

What recent focus on Eevee and it's evolutions? Did I miss something in the anime?

How do you know that you guys aren't just assuming that Eevee/'s evolutions showing up is them being focused on?

This shouldn't be an off-topic discussion since it's discussing the reasons why people feel that there will be new Eeveelutions.

This shouldn't be an off-topic discussion since it's discussing the reasons why people feel that there will be new Eeveelutions.

Uh do you know what "speculation" is? I mean it IS in the topic title.

Heavy promotion? All I've seen is an announcement of what the next Pikachu short will be, along side the movie it will debut with.

What recent focus on Eevee and it's evolutions? Did I miss something in the anime?
You missed this. That, and the myriad of Japanese merchandise items featuring Eevee and the Eeveelutions. This amount of focus on one evolutionary family is unprecedented.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom