• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation: New Eeveelution to be revealed next week?

You missed this.
Okay, yeah, just found that. I think it has more to do with Eevee appearing in the Black/White 2 regional Pokedex than anything else.
That, and the myriad of Japanese merchandise items featuring Eevee and the Eeveelutions. This amount of focus on one evolutionary family is unprecedented.
Eevee is a quite popular Pokemon already, so I don't think that this is really important.

I think it has more to do with Eevee appearing in the Black/White 2 regional Pokedex than anything else.
There are 136 other Pokémon from older generations that appear in the new Unova Pokédex, and yet the Eevee family are the only ones that are being so heavily promoted. Also, B2W2 will be old news by the time the short is shown in theaters.

Eevee is a quite popular Pokemon already, so I don't think that this is really important.
It wasn't promoted to this extent in the previous two generations, even though it was more prevalent in Platinum and HGSS than it is in B2W2.

You missed this.
Okay, yeah, just found that. I think it has more to do with Eevee appearing in the Black/White 2 regional Pokedex than anything else.
That, and the myriad of Japanese merchandise items featuring Eevee and the Eeveelutions. This amount of focus on one evolutionary family is unprecedented.

Personally I was one of the people who thought we'd get Gen III remakes before VI (just ask Silktree) but now I think we'll get Gen VI next year (though it's possible for R/S remakes GF does so love to troll us) but seeing as how the Eeveelutions do seem to be getting a lot of focus makes me think we'll get a new Eeveelution (even if it isn't next year Munchlax was revealed over a year before D/P came out

There are 136 other Pokémon from older generations that appear in the new Unova Pokédex, and yet the Eevee family are the only ones that are being so heavily promoted.
I was referring to Virgil's existence more than the promotions.

Out of all the older Pokemon that appear, I do believe that Eevee is the most popular of them all.

Also, B2W2 will be old news by the time the short is shown in theaters.
Irrelevant to this. We're talking about Virgil from an episode that came out last month, not what B2W2 will be in a year from now.

It wasn't promoted to this extent in the previous two generations, even though it was more prevalent in Platinum and HGSS than it is in B2W2.
They may be hyping it up for the movie? Maybe they increased the promotions to show off Eevee to the newer players who joined in Generation V?

I'm not sure exactly why they've increased promotions, if they have, but I don't think it has to do with a new Eeveelution.

Could you show me some of these promotions?

There was a Global Link tornament in Japan just for Eeveelutions which were the only Pokemon allowed, a lot of Eevee related merchandise, etc. It just seems as though Eevee and it's evos are being very heavily promoted. While there is no proof of a new Eeveelution, all this Eevee hype may point to that

There are 136 other Pokémon from older generations that appear in the new Unova Pokédex, and yet the Eevee family are the only ones that are being so heavily promoted.

Out of all the older Pokemon that appear, I do believe that Eevee is the most popular of them all.

Irrelevant to this. We're talking about Virgil from an episode that came out last month, not what B2W2 will be in a year from now.

They may be hyping it up for the movie? Maybe they increased the promotions to show off Eevee to the newer players who joined in Generation V?

I'm not sure exactly why they've increased promotions, if they have, but I don't think it has to do with a new Eeveelution.

To be fair even if we get a Gen VI mon doesn't mean we'll get them next... wasn't Munchlax revealed before Emerald was announced or released?

To be fair even if we get a Gen VI mon doesn't mean we'll get them next... wasn't Munchlax revealed before Emerald was announced or released?

Munchlax was revealed not that long after FireRed and LeafGreen were first released, so yes. Lucario and the rest of the Gen 4 pre-release Pokemon, on the other hand, were revealed sometime after Emerald came out.

The previous Eeveelutions that were added in generations after the first were essentially revealed once the games of those generations came out, nobody knew Leafeon and Glaceon existed until Diamond and Pearl were already released, so it's unknown really if the first Gen VI Pokemon will be an Eeveelution or not.

The previous Eeveelutions that were added in generations after the first were essentially revealed once the games of those generations came out, nobody knew Leafeon and Glaceon existed until Diamond and Pearl were already released, so it's unknown really if the first Gen VI Pokemon will be an Eeveelution or not.
I expect that the first Generation VI to be revealed (in February) will be the Movie 16 star. Then a month after that, the new Eeveelution may be revealed for the short. That's how Keldeo and Meloetta were handled earlier this year, although Meloetta was accidentally leaked in late February.

I expect that the first Generation VI to be revealed (in February) will be the Movie 16 star. Then a month after that, the new Eeveelution may be revealed for the short. That's how Keldeo and Meloetta were handled earlier this year, although Meloetta was accidentally leaked in late February.

I personally do not think that the Movie 16 star will be a Gen 6 Pokemon, as it would kind of push Genesect off to the side to make more room for the Gen 6 Pokemon, as that's what happened with Movie 8, when movie 8 was first announced, it was called "Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero" and was implied that Mew was the main focus, but once Lucario was revealed a few months later, Mew was essentially pushed to the side in order to make more room for Lucario, to the point where Lucario had 5x more screentime than Mew was ever given in the film, and made Lucario the primary focus rather than Mew.

Movie 9 did something similar, calling itself "Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea", when the titular Pokemon Ranger was essentially a side-plot in order to make Manaphy the main focus instead. The same happened with Movie 11, which showed Regigigas in the teaser at the end of Movie 10, but had it's role reduced to a bare minimum to make more room for Shaymin. And in Movie 13, Zoroark essentially stole the spotlight from all the other Pokemon featured in the film.

It's possible that Movie 16 might do the same thing, and push Genesect off to the side in order to make more room for the Gen 6 Pokemon, possibly to the point where the Gen 6 Pokemon has most of the focus and Genesect is shoehorned into it.

It's possible that Movie 16 might do the same thing, and push Genesect off to the side in order to make more room for the Gen 6 Pokemon, possibly to the point where the Gen 6 Pokemon has most of the focus and Genesect is shoehorned into it.
And why do you think this might not happen? Genesect was revealed back in July and is going to be featured in the Episode N arc. It doesn't need to be the main star of the movie.

I expect that the first Generation VI to be revealed (in February) will be the Movie 16 star.
Erm... Genesect, the Movie 16 star, is already revealed and isn't from Generation VI.

Then a month after that, the new Eeveelution may be revealed for the short. That's how Keldeo and Meloetta were handled earlier this year, although Meloetta was accidentally leaked in late February.
I highly doubt that an Eeveelution will be handled like the "Illusory Pokemon". I also doubt that there will even be a new one because you don't have any evidence for it other than circumstantial evidence that can be explained through other means.

The chance of a new Eeveelution is incredibly low at this point. I hope we never again see more (space-filler) -eon's again.

And why do you think this might not happen? Genesect was revealed back in July and is going to be featured in the Episode N arc. It doesn't need to be the main star of the movie.
If the entire movie is called "Godspeed Genesect", I have extremely large doubts that they're going to not make the movie about Genesect and subduing it.

Genesect isn't the main star in the movie though, red(shiny) genesect is. I still can see a new pokemon being revealed for the movie though whether its a minor role like Munchlax or a major one like Lucario, Manaphy, Zorua, Zoroark.

Erm... Genesect, the Movie 16 star, is already revealed and isn't from Generation VI.
Newsflash: Ever since Movie 5 every preliminary movie title revealed in December has been an incomplete one. Latias & Latios, Jirachi, Deoxys, Lucario, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Zoroark and Keldeo were all revealed in February, meaning that we didn't know that they were the stars of their respective movies to begin with. Even in 2011, the fact that there were two movies and that Reshiram was the star of the second one, was as a surprise revealed only in February.

I highly doubt that an Eeveelution will be handled like the "Illusory Pokemon".
It doesn't have to be. Snubbull, Marill, Elekid, Ledyba, Bellossom, Hoothoot, Kecleon, Azurill, Wailmer, Volbeat, Duskull and Wynaut were all revealed through movie shorts. Likewise, Donphan, Slowking, Munchlax, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Weavile, Buizel, Chatot and Mantyke debuted in movies as background Pokémon.

I also doubt that there will even be a new one because you don't have any evidence for it other than circumstantial evidence that can be explained through other means.
Your explanations have been poor at best. No, a new Eeveelution is not guaranteed, but it is hardly unlikely at this point. Game Freak obviously know that another Eeveelution would be popular.

The chance of a new Eeveelution is incredibly low at this point. I hope we never again see more (space-filler) -eon's again.
Biased much? I don't think that there should be an Eeveelution for every type, either, but another one wouldn't have to be redundant if it were well thought-out.

If the entire movie is called "Godspeed Genesect", I have extremely large doubts that they're going to not make the movie about Genesect and subduing it.
It's a preliminary title. I am not arguing that the Red Genesect will have a minor role, but I highly doubt that there will be no other featured Pokémon. They wouldn't have revealed Genesect back in July in that case.

Last edited:
If an Eeveelution was going to be either in the film or the film short, it could simply just be revealed in the film. The title of the movies are never really complete at this point. Its too early for them to hint at a new Pokemon starring in the film, they are usually revealed around February IIRC. Its not impossible to think that a Gen VI Pokemon will be in the film. There may not be one, of course, but there may be.

If an Eeveelution was going to be either in the film or the film short, it could simply just be revealed in the film.
While a last-minute reveal could happen, it would be unprecedented. It's more likely that it will be revealed anywhere between February and June to generate hype for the short.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom