• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation: New Eeveelution to be revealed next week?

As far as its type goes, I'm going to be bold and suggest that they introduce a new type: the Light type. For me, it'd be far more interesting than just having the new Eeveelution be one of the existing types. Plus, this may sound silly, but it's position between Jolteon and Flareon looks a bit suspect to me, since both can emit light in a way.

View attachment 82372
What I find more suspicious is the empty room upstairs. If it were Umbreon's room, why would it be outside watching the moon? For that matter, the light penetrating the window looks too bright to be moonlight.

I guess that I may as well mention this rumor. I don't believe it mainly because it stipulates that Generation VI isn't due to be released next year, but the source has some reliability, so it is worth mentioning:

– Mainline 3DS Pokemon game needs roughly two more years before it’s released. Uses a full 3D engine and will have a story dealing with a world wide crisis. A new Pokemon type will be introduced (has not been done since Gold and Silver) and while not as many new Pokemon as in past gens older Pokemon will get new abilities and forms. Will maximize the Nintendo 3DS use of 3D, StreetPass and online connectivity. The first NFC game for Wii U will be a next gen Battrio game coming out in all regions.

That rumour is mainly about E3 and there is never Pokemon stuff at E3 besides maybe a smaller side game, last year being Pokedex 3D

I Would like to have more then one new Eevee, but a Dragon one sounds cool~

Dragon would suck, plain normal soounds best to me. Or Ghost.

Those postcards, along with the hype Eevee and its evolutions have had lately, does make it seem quite possible that they could introduce a new Eeveelution. It would be an interesting surprise for the Unova League if they actually had Virgil's Eevee evolve into a new evolution just before his match against Ash. A Dragon type evolution sounds really cool, although a Fighting type or plain Normal type evolution would work for me too. As for a new type altogether, while that does sound interesting, I think it's just a rumor.

Personally, I don't really want any new Eeveelutions, I honestly think 7 evolutions is enough.

Though it's strange that they're only apparently revealing one Eeveelution rather than two like in the past generations.

Personally, I don't really want any new Eeveelutions, I honestly think 7 evolutions is enough.

Though it's strange that they're only apparently revealing one Eeveelution rather than two like in the past generations.

Eevee and his evo's are very popular always have been... they're one of the most recognizable pokemon along with the likes of Pikachu, Charizard and Mewtwo... plus the fandom keeps of clamering for more Eeveelutins anyway (at least on this forum) expanding them is no surprise... hell I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the Franchise (ifit doesn't keep on going forever like Mario and Zelda) if they have Eeveelitions for all the types... and I say we'll get two... but it's one placeholder like they did with B/W

Or they could just troll and reveal a special edition Pikachu with Adaptability or something like that; it's too early to jump to any conclusions. And I wouldn't mind a new Eeveelution,but I would be really disappointed if they introduced a whole new type - the game's quite balanced as it is.

Or they could just troll and reveal a special edition Pikachu with Adaptability or something like that; it's too early to jump to any conclusions. And I wouldn't mind a new Eeveelution,but I would be really disappointed if they introduced a whole new type - the game's quite balanced as it is.

Not really. Dragon, Water, Fighting, Steel, and Ground are too common in battles, and Grass, Fire, Ice, Electric, and Poison are the least used due to their inferiority to the above 5 dominant types I've mentioned. Who knews what the new type could bring to the table. Will it nerf one of those dominant types, or will it help buff up one of the worst types?

A new Eeveelution? Colour me ecstatic! I hope Gen 6 features more then 1 new Eeveelution! Maybe the starte could be Eevee, who evolves into Vaporeon, Jolteon or Flareon who themselves get new evos as well! And the early bird Pokémon should be a flying type Eevee! There should be Eevee-themed gyms as well! Hell, make all Pokémon a kind of Eeveelution! You can't have enough of these amazing and creative critters! And the fans seem to love the idea as well!

It is kinda inevitable that we will probably get one new Eeveelution next gen but I really,really hope it will be just one. I can't be the only one who is sick of all the Eeveelution focus...

I was already expecting this to happen, what with Virgil apparently being Ash's last opponent in the league and all...

A new Eeveelution is pretty obvious at this point, a great way to kick off the Gen 6 hype. The typing could actually be a whole new type like Smalllady mentioned earlier, I see no reason why not if Gamefreak want to get creative on a new platform. Then again, could also be the last final former special type: Dragon.

Either way, cannot wait to see it. If anything this should be the final nail in the coffin of the Gen 6 not coming in 2013 people, its definitely coming.

oh my god yes yes yes yes yes that would be amazing yes

The postcards are what do it for me. There'd be no sense in putting a completely unrelated Pokemon in there... It would be fantastic!

Wooooooot I hope this is true.
And seeing the trend for Best Wishes, Virgil's Eevee will probably evolve into it mid battle.
I'm suspecting a Normal type/new type.

OMG.

I wish it's a dragon eeveelution.

And as much as I love Eevee family, I hope this is the last one.

Last edited:
An eeveelution reveal would be a pretty wise move considering that everyone likes them. Is for what it could be, I would suspect steel since I feel it would round the eeveelutions out nicely.

I hope it's true this time and not another hoax.

A new Eeveelution would make sense, since Unova is an entirely new region for them to have adapted to over time. I want this to be a new Eeveelution (simply to see how a Gen VI mon would look like), but I've had my heart broken before by Pokemon. They're masters at teasing and deception. :p

So my hunch right from Virgil and his team's debut turns out to shed more light.

Although not yet fully confirmed, there's a very high chance now that a Generation VI Eeveelution will be revealed, especially with these currently-revealed evidences that I've been waiting for a while now. I've always thought of that since the first appearances of Virgil and his Eevee team (especially his Eevee).

I'll also agree on smalllady that the Generation VI Eeveelution (if it is indeed confirmed) will not only reveal a new Pokemon, but will also reveal a new type. On what the new-type it is IMO, just like what smalllady speculated: the Light-type. I bet for the Light-type in case a new type will be introduced because it is the only sensible elemental type to be added in Pokemon's type chart.

On my perspective, this will be Game Freak's right plan and strategy to introduce a new-type for over a decade since Gold and Silver, by using Eevee (specifically Virgil's Eevee) which its attributes are about elemental types, instead of announcing and revealing it randomly. No, I didn't base my speculation on the rumor that Silktree has posted, because ever since I've saw Virgil's Eevee for the very first time, I've already hunched that it will lead to an announcement of a new elemental type.

Just by looking at things, it is weird on why they'll be only revealing one Eeveelution (most likely right now with the "?" postcard which is only one instead of two and more) assuming that its typing will be that of the currently-revealed types. From what I can see, the reason Game Freak decided to reveal (soon) only a single new Eeveelution for Generation VI is that the Generation VI Eeveelution is intended to promote a new-type.

Of course, I'm not totally saying that it will lead to a revelation of a new-type, there's still the possibility that it will just be a currently-existing typed-Eeveelution. But in the situation now, I'm more leaning on the revelation of a new type.

Watch Game Freak troll us with stuff like that. They love throwing Pikachu into EVERYTHING. (or at least one of the main characters' Pokemon like in previous promotions with speculated legendary formes)

But, knock on wood, I hope it's an Eeveelution! The fact that Virgil has all the Eeveelutions plus an unevolved Eevee screams Gen VI reveal. (unless they want Season 1's Battling Eevee Brothers Part 2)

December seems a little too early for a new gen reveal though, hasn't it always been January or February?)

I think it is a little late for a new type. Given that:

1) Any thing you can think of is already a type or falls into a type

2) Any thing that is already has a pokemon for instance light type well there are already light based moves and light based pokemon Ho-oh, Victini, Solarbeam, mirror shot, flash, flash cannon. Want a time type? well there is already time based pokemon Dialga Celebi.

PLEASE DON'T BE TRUE

because

1. it would mean Ash loses to Virgil
2. it would mean that a gen 6 pokemon is revealed before the US Meleoetta event meaning there is no point in which I own every pokemon known to the fandom AND THAT WOULD UTTER HORSE SHIT

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom