• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation: New Eeveelution to be revealed next week?

As with the Mewtwo hype (another pokémon with huge fan appeal) I believe we must start looking at the franchise as a whole, rather than expecting the build-ups and questionmarks in advertisements to serve as an arm of the current/upcoming games.
Generation VI should be announced soon (that is, within two months) if you look at the franchise as a whole. That's why I would personally find it odd if the Eevee promotion were completely unrelated, although admittedly there is no evidence of a connection.

Well, while the mystery is over and it's not a new pokemon, I think there is no way a new Eeveelution would have been released this late after Black 2 and White 2's releases. JMO

Well, while the mystery is over and it's not a new pokemon, I think there is no way a new Eeveelution would have been released this late after Black 2 and White 2's releases. JMO
What? Why would a new Pokémon have anything to do with B2W2?

Why? Because it's still early for them to be announcing anything for another generation. Though there is a precedent for revealing new Pokemon before revealing the next generation, I don't believe that the next generation game will appear for another year or two. Therefore, any pokemon unveiled would, I believe, have to be in B2W2. But again, this is just my opinion.

Why? Because it's still early for them to be announcing anything for another generation. Though there is a precedent for revealing new Pokemon before revealing the next generation, I don't believe that the next generation game will appear for another year or two. Therefore, any pokemon unveiled would, I believe, have to be in B2W2. But again, this is just my opinion.
Well, it's an opinion which has no basis in fact or reality.

Hell, back in Gen III, Munchlax was revealed before Emerald was.

More recently, Zoroark and Zorua were revealed just five months after HGSS' release. It's already been five months since B2W2's Japanese release.

Yes this is true, but my opinion is valid regardless of past actions by those responsible for the Pokemon games, anime, TCG and mangas. Despite past instances of early releases of Pokemon, I believe there won't be a new release for a while. Or that at least it would have already been debuted. But once again, this is only my opinion. Not fact, I may be wrong. But it does it really matter whether I am or not? I just wanted to post my opinion. I really thought people would just read and say "yeah, I could see how that might be possible. I may not agree with it, but I could see that".

Let me say however, I would love a new evolution though. I was originally going to ask how they might evolve Eevee. We've gotten three Stone Evolutions, two Friendship/Time-based Evolutions and two Location Evolutions. How would the next possible Eeveelutions evolve? By trade? Held item level up? Trade while holding an item? Location in the new games? Will new Evolutionary Stones be introduced? What do you think?

I really thought people would just read and say "yeah, I could see how that might be possible. I may not agree with it, but I could see that".
But you didn't really explain your opinion. I was confused by your first post since you just mentioned B2W2.

So why do you think they won't reveal new Pokémon early this time around? Bear in mind that all the event Pokémon have been distributed in Japan, which wouldn't make sense unless Generation VI were being planned for a 2013 release, in which case we could have an announcement as early as this month.

Let me say however, I would love a new evolution though. I was originally going to ask how they might evolve Eevee. We've gotten three Stone Evolutions, two Friendship/Time-based Evolutions and two Location Evolutions. How would the next possible Eeveelutions evolve? By trade? Held item level up? Trade while holding an item? Location in the new games? Will new Evolutionary Stones be introduced? What do you think?
I think that it would either evolve by learning a new move, or by reaching some quota of a new mechanic not unlike Friendship (which is used for Umbreon and Espeon's method depending on the time of day). What I have in mind is a measure of the synergy between two Pokémon in the same party.

Last edited:
As with the Mewtwo hype (another pokémon with huge fan appeal) I believe we must start looking at the franchise as a whole, rather than expecting the build-ups and questionmarks in advertisements to serve as an arm of the current/upcoming games.
Generation VI should be announced soon (that is, within two months) if you look at the franchise as a whole. That's why I would personally find it odd if the Eevee promotion were completely unrelated, although admittedly there is no evidence of a connection.

The prediction is for Gen VI to be released alongside the supposed Genesect movie of 2013, Eeveelutions are on the paper going by the standard of even number generations. I was too lead to believe (anybody would) that the hype they're giving Eevee were to result in something related to the main series games, after all, the common misconception is that everything that's not the main series games serve as advertisement solely for the main series games, rather than for the franchise as a whole...
I believe they're simply trending recognizable and popular pokémon.

Ugh wow we were trolled with that one >.< figures it would be something like them all together. I still dont get all the Eevee hype though, who knows. There's still a slim possibility of a new Gen 6 Eeveelution being revealed, though I wont be surprised if nothing at all happens. Gen 6 is bound to be on it's way eventually. Maybe not soon, but that dosent mean we can't see a Gen 6 Pokemon before then.

Oh please... not another eeveelution... ;_;

But if there is one, then I guess it's possible there's going to be a new Gen6 game in another region, and not the RSE remakes...

Another misleading promotion. What a surprise. At least they're consistent.

I believe they're simply trending recognizable and popular pokémon.
I suppose, but they're going completely overboard with it in a generation where Eevee doesn't have anything new about it. That, and their timing is off if Generation VI is going to be announced around the end of the Unova League. If Generation VI is going to feature new evolutions of older Pokémon, then the anime portraying Virgil's Eevee as a Pokémon that doesn't need to evolve would go against that approach. Granted, Virgil and Eevee might turn out to be recurring characters in the remainder of Best Wishes, in which case Eevee could evolve later on.

Called it, but still, Gen VI is gonna start soon regardless.

Aww man I got so excited when I read the title of this thread but whatever. I still have hope that Virgil's Eevee will eevolve into a new Eeveelution pun intended hopefully Dragon Type or Normal Type.

WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL OPEN!
It's over and I don't want to hear a word about a gen 6 pokemon until I have at the least 24 hours of having all the known Pokemon.

It would be kinda cool to see how a gen 6 Eeveelution would differ from fanart but I a little tired of Eevees and I used one on my PO team

WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL OPEN!
It's over and I don't want to hear a word about a gen 6 pokemon until I have at the least 24 hours of having all the known Pokemon.

It would be kinda cool to see how a gen 6 Eeveelution would differ from fanart but I a little tired of Eevees and I used one on my PO team

The world doesn't revolve around you. It is still possible that the Eevee promotion will eventually lead to the introduction of a new Eeveelution.

The world doesn't revolve around you. It is still possible that the Eevee promotion will eventually lead to the introduction of a new Eeveelution.

That's kinda an antagonizing thing to say. The game has a collecting aspect to it. I played and collected them except ONE which I can't because of the greedy ass event system which screws over people who are out of the loop or don't have internet or can't drive a couple cities over for a virtual animal which probably won't have good enough IV's for tournaments . The old slogan was gotta catch em all characters in the game berate you about filling the dex whether you want to or not. And all ask for 24 measly hours of having all the pokemon known to non Nintendo personnel. AND YOU CALL ME SELF CENTERED. REALLY?

Also this thread has been clearly lacking in substance ever since your little card debacle so while it possible I don't think it is deserving of it's own thread I'm pretty sure there is a more vague thread. But I'm no mod.

Also I want to point out the fact that Pikachu and Meowth two huge juggernauts got a mini game with Buizel and Piplup didn't mean anything special. The cards are there for Virgil who's there for toys.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom