• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation of Hoenn Region being on HG/SS.

Interesting If true. i remain skeptical about it though. it would just seem Weird to put Hoenn in a Remake of Gold/Silver wouldent you guys agree?

EDIT: Sonic speed Beat me to it XD

Well with closer analysis of the poor quality pic, you can see lilycove, mauvile and fortree.

Very true you can.

But the only thing we have to believe that it could possibly be in them is that you can catch Kyoger/Groudon with Rayquaza. and that's not even a lot to put the Hoenn region in For

Ya but you can't see any of the ocean cities like Sootoplis and Mossdeep

True, but you have to consider that the picture was taken with a phone (a crappy one) or something.

It looks completely fake. I mean, the fact that the pic quality is SO bad just adds to that. If the quality were better, we could easily tell that it was a fake picture. So whoever put the pic up probably made the quality bad for FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt).

Soooooooo damn fake.

Do you really think that if this was really on a poster somewhere, we wouldn't know about it already?

Soooooooo damn fake.

Do you really think that if this was really on a poster somewhere, we wouldn't know about it already?

Agreed. at least Serebii, or Bulbabot would have gotten to it first correct?

Fakefakefakefakefakefakefake

That pretty much sums it up.
I have no believe whatsoever that Hoenn is in HGSS.

Agreed. at least Serebii, or Bulbabot would have gotten to it first correct?

I don't know about them, but WPM at PokéBeach certainly would have - they're actually in Japan, and have been to several promotional events, at least one of which was at a Pokémon Center store.

Call me crazy, but I'm hesitant to jump on the bandwagon. Normally I would declare this fake, but a passage from a book comes back to me.

In Mellisa Anelli's book, Harry, a History, towards the end they talk about spoilers. One person tells the author that she had been sorta spoiled. She'd read a fake epilogue where Harry and Ginny get married and have three kids, and one of them is named Albus Severus Potter. Yeah, in short, she read the epilogue and thought it was fake.

Now, what is the point of this? People get the idea that they can tell fakes from reality. I look at this image and wonder about it. The quality is bad, but not much worse than that of my cell phone. Actually, in the hands of an amateur photographer with a bad camera, this is what we'd get.

And then we have to consider this. As has been stated before, by people other than me, there is room on a DS for Hoenn. It could be that instead of just giving us all the Gen III pokemon so GF can make the GBA games irrelevant, it is giving us the entire Gen III world.

Now, I'll admit, with the bad image quality it's hard to be certain, but I've said before I get the feeling GF is going to hit us with something big that none of us will know about. They did it before with Kanto. What's to stop them from doing it again?

I'm remaining optimistic that this might be real. Somebody has too.

Call me crazy, but I'm hesitant to jump on the bandwagon. Normally I would declare this fake, but a passage from a book comes back to me.

In Mellisa Anelli's book, Harry, a History, towards the end they talk about spoilers. One person tells the author that she had been sorta spoiled. She'd read a fake epilogue where Harry and Ginny get married and have three kids, and one of them is named Albus Severus Potter. Yeah, in short, she read the epilogue and thought it was fake.

Now, what is the point of this? People get the idea that they can tell fakes from reality. I look at this image and wonder about it. The quality is bad, but not much worse than that of my cell phone. Actually, in the hands of an amateur photographer with a bad camera, this is what we'd get.

And then we have to consider this. As has been stated before, by people other than me, there is room on a DS for Hoenn. It could be that instead of just giving us all the Gen III pokemon so GF can make the GBA games irrelevant, it is giving us the entire Gen III world.

Now, I'll admit, with the bad image quality it's hard to be certain, but I've said before I get the feeling GF is going to hit us with something big that none of us will know about. They did it before with Kanto. What's to stop them from doing it again?

I'm remaining optimistic that this might be real. Somebody has too.

Well yeah, it's possible, but this picture isn't it. If it was from someone who had supposed connections to Game Freak or CoroCoro, I'd pay attention, but a super-blurry picture from someone who apparently says they just got it from a poster, presumably just hanging up somewhere...yeah, no. I find it extremely hard to believe that GF would reveal a Hoenn addition to us like this - they would either announce it with huge fanfare on Pokémon Sunday or in CoroCoro, or leave it secret until the game is released, not spoil it on some random poster.

Personally, I wouldn't even be surprised if Giancarlo was just trying to get more views in a news lull.

If Hoenn were a secret, it wouldn't be on a poster. That sounds like a flimsy excuse a programmer would make to avoid being connected to leaking things about the game.

Looking at it again...the pixelation and poor quality doesn't even look consistent. You can see the Routes, including their thin outlines, pretty clearly, but the coastline on the bottom right is blocky, and seems to be showing pixelation in an entirely different order of magnitude. And the "glare" doesn't look like glare, it just looks like white space.

I don't know. The whole thing looks bad to me. Maybe it is just an internet prank. But all this talk about Hoenn has me thinking.

You know, that map could just be fan made.
There are many fan-made maps around of Johto and Kanto with HG/SS's map style, so, what could stop people making a Hoenn fan-made map?

So, I believe the map is fake / fan-made.

Looking at it again...the pixelation and poor quality doesn't even look consistent. You can see the Routes, including their thin outlines, pretty clearly, but the coastline on the bottom right is blocky, and seems to be showing pixelation in an entirely different order of magnitude. And the "glare" doesn't look like glare, it just looks like white space.

It also looks like the Map was superimposed over another picture. Or maybe not but I don't know what that yellow green stuff is to the right of the picture.

Back
Top Bottom