• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation: Pokemon Rain Blue?

FireEmblemPride

Reaction score
With the recent revelations in the anime, I've been wondering at the possibility of an expansion to FireRed and LeafGreen ala Emerald. I use the name Rain because it sounds better. :p Potential evidence to this speculation:

1. May captures a Squirtle, and Rain Blue would have Blastoise as the icon Pokemon.
2. May is going to enter the Kanto Contest. (dunno if this is confirmed)
3. The Battle Frontier's in Kanto. (Battle Factory in Cerulean?) (also dunno if this is confirmed)

Just speculation, what do you all think?

1. Squirtle is popular, (possibly more so since FR/LG), so they gave it to a main character.
2. Are there contest halls in Kanto in the animé? And if they were going in the Kanto games, they would probably have gone in FR/LG.
3. The Battle Frontier is based on the Hoenn one. They probably set it in Kanto to have a FR/LG saga.
4. A re-make of Yellow is probably more likely than a remake of Blue.

Eh, Blue isn't different enough from Red or Green to warrent a remake...and Yellow's outdated by the anime's standards. Besides, you can get Squirtle in FRLG anyway. And just because the anime does something doesn't mean the games have to conform to it.

It sounds more like they said "Should we do a FireRed/LeafGreen miniseries, or an Emerald one?" and someone said "Why not do both?"

1. May captures a Squirtle, and Rain Blue would have Blastoise as the icon Pokemon.

Well, first of all - May's never had a Water-type, something fans have often wondered about. And Squirtle is arguably the least used and least appreciated of all of Ash's first three starters . . . so it's kinda like giving it another chance.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on this one. All the pokemon will be available now, so there is no real need for a new game unless Nintendo wants even more money.
If they do release a third game, they should give us a ticket to go to an island and finnaly get Celebi. :l

I wouldn't get your hopes up on this one. All the pokemon will be available now, so there is no real need for a new game unless Nintendo wants even more money.
With that logic, is there any need for Pokémon XD?

so there is no real need for a new game unless Nintendo wants even more money.

So in other words, there's ALWAYS a need for a new game?

Anyway - I sincerely doubt this possibility. Most likely we'd see some Yellow remake, and even that's fairly unlikely.

No, there is no need for Pokemon XD.
yes, Nintendo will continue to milk this cash cow until its dry.

actually I think there IS a need for XD
In Colisseum you were able to catch Ho-oh
where's Lugia?
In Fire Red/Leaf Green and I think in Emerald
but so is Ho-oh
but in order to catch them you needed those tickets
which is nearly impossible for people to get anywhere except in New York
so for those people they had Colisseum to get Ho-oh
but we want Lugia
so XD is born

[EDIT] come to think of it... we want Deoxys too...

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom