• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation: Ways Legends Z-A could affect Horizons?

Here's something that just hit me...

What if Rakua is to Kalos what Hisui was to Sinnoh? :unsure:
Rakua is described to be a paradise or "heaven" sort of place, so I doubt it's the entire Kalos region.

HOWEVER

The description of Rakua is similar to descriptions of Valhalla in Norse mythology. You know what also takes inspiration from Norse mythology? The Kalos legendaries. I think you're right that Rakua might have heavy ties to Kalos itself. Perhaps it even ties into the "A" legendary of Pokémon Legends: Z-A.

If
Rakua is described to be a paradise or "heaven" sort of place, so I doubt it's the entire Kalos region.

HOWEVER

The description of Rakua is similar to descriptions of Valhalla in Norse mythology. You know what also takes inspiration from Norse mythology? The Kalos legendaries. I think you're right that Rakua might have heavy ties to Kalos itself. Perhaps it even ties into the "A" legendary of Pokémon Legends: Z-A.
If true, I can aee Kalos being used as a possible endgame region for the six heroes plot and the tie-in to ZA also.

The Legends: Z-A vibes are strong with him.
It is making me feel like there could be another curveball coming with ILCA in May. ORAS and LGPE were revealed during that month, and since Legends Z-A is not coming out until early 2025 at best there is currently no game for the 2024 holiday season, I have a feeling we might be getting a direct remake of some sort. My money is on ILCA Kalos since GameFreak might be saving either Johto or Unova or both for the 30th anniversary.

It is making me feel like there could be another curveball coming with ILCA in May. ORAS and LGPE were revealed during that month, and since Legends Z-A is not coming out until early 2025 at best there is currently no game for the 2024 holiday season, I have a feeling we might be getting a direct remake of some sort. My money is on ILCA Kalos since GameFreak might be saving either Johto or Unova or both for the 30th anniversary.
I don't know about that. I can't really see them remaking Kalos before Unova. There isn't a set pattern with Legends games yet, but there are with remakes and they typically go in order. There hasn't been any demand for X/Y remakes like I've seen for Johto or Unova either. It wouldn't be a stretch for them to announce a remake for this year since there is at least some precedent for it, but I think it's pretty unlikely at this point too.

I don't know about that. I can't really see them remaking Kalos before Unova. There isn't a set pattern with Legends games yet, but there are with remakes and they typically go in order. There hasn't been any demand for X/Y remakes like I've seen for Johto or Unova either. It wouldn't be a stretch for them to announce a remake for this year since there is at least some precedent for it, but I think it's pretty unlikely at this point too.
If we don't get a remake for the Gen 5 games, I could see them getting a re-release instead like how the Gen 1 and 2 games were released for the DS back in gen 7. Maybe we'll get the Gen 5 games for the Switch in the same manner.

If we don't get a remake for the Gen 5 games, I could see them getting a re-release instead like how the Gen 1 and 2 games were released for the DS back in gen 7. Maybe we'll get the Gen 5 games for the Switch in the same manner.
Given how popular B/W are, I think that we'll still get remakes eventually. If we get any main series games ports for the Switch, it would most certainly be R/B/Y and maybe G/S/C.

It seems like Shiny Pokémon will be Horizons' way of distinguishing legendary Pokémon from the versions that previously appeared in the Ash anime. Like with this shiny Zygarde for instance, they can do a Legends Z-A story tie-in without retconning the Zygarde storyline from XYZ. Both can co-exist in the same timeline.

It seems like Shiny Pokémon will be Horizons' way of distinguishing legendary Pokémon from the versions that previously appeared in the Ash anime. Like with this shiny Zygarde for instance, they can do a Legends Z-A story tie-in without retconning the Zygarde storyline from XYZ. Both can co-exist in the same timeline.
That is of course assuming that Horizons takes place in the same universe as Ash's Adventures.

IIRC, it’s heavily implied in SM that the 4 Tapus are the only representants of their respective species. When Ash and Pikachu are sent to another dimension, this dimension’s Tapu Koko is a shiny.

Considering we have the main villain with Zygarde and Liko with Terapagos I'd say the prospects are solid on Roy getting the presumed "A" legendary

Back
Top Bottom