• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPECULATION: What could happen after the Kalos League?

Re: SPECUATION: What could happen after the Kalos League?

Current broadcast data suggests we'll have a decent sized gap between Lavarre and Anistar, covering roughly 2 months. Heck, the trip between them will almost last longer than it took Ash to get 3 badges! :dizzy:

Also...I doubt we'll get much ORAS material at this point. I feel would be too little, too late. Besides, we had the promo-short, Acts 2 and 3 of the Mega Evolution Mini-Series, and now Scottie for Hoenn/Gen 3 elements.
Mind you, I wouldn't be against some ORAS themed episodes, but now there's just little point.

Maybe we're in for a long league.

That could work. Especially since it might help make up for giving us the SHORTEST League last time (interrupted by a filler no less! :eek: )

Last edited:
I honestly just want another filler league if Ash completes the Kalos Badge Quest and they finish the league before the 7th generation of Pokemon begins. I don't want to see 20 meaningless episodes with no plot or anything after the league and all major story lines are wrapped up. Ash, Iris, and Cilan's time in the Decalore Islands was very boring, so I'm hoping we'll have another Orange Islands-esque league that Ash will win.

It looks like Ash will battle Olympia sometime in, oh, October. The variable is if he gets it on his first try or if there will be a rematch... :-/

After of that it's a matter of how long it takes to reach Snowbelle City and when he battles Wulfric.

(And once again, I realize they have other things to do besides the Badge Quest and League, it's just that those are fairly big checkpoints in the overall plot.)

Last edited:
In my estimations, Ash will get his last badge early 2016, then Serena will compete in the Kalos Queen Tournament, then League and everything will be over by the end of May.
After that 10 ~12 episodes of something. Wouldn't know what. I would like something with Zinnia.

Hm...For me, I think that after the league, we'll probably start the Looker sidequest with Emma and maybe introduce Team Flare if they haven't appeared before the end of the league.

Maybe after that is resolved, we'll probably start another post-league story regarding AZ and his Floette...

Or maybe a Zinnia story where she robs Professor Sycamore's Mega stone and key stone because she needs them in order to summon Rayquaza. She then goes to Shalour City and steals Korrina's mega stone and key stone. Ash and co. follow her in order to retrieve them back.

I dunno. All of these have potential to be really good arcs.

Last edited:
Oh, and least we forget, what happened in DP could happen here and there could be a year long gap between badges 7 and 8 with heap plenty stuff in between...

Though I kinda doubt it...

(just thought I should throw that out just in case)

Last edited:
Oh, and least we forget, what happened in DP could happen here and there could be a year long gap between badges 7 and 8 with heap plenty stuff in between...

(though I kinda doubt it)

That would be a surprising development, but I really doubt that will happen as well. The reason why a year long gap between Ash's seventh and eighth badges in DP worked was because there was a lot going on in DP besides the Gym badge quest. They used that time effectively well to have Ash and Paul's first full battle, the Team Galactic climax, Dawn getting her last few Contests and the Grand Festival and both Ash and Dawn getting some new Pokemon. There's really not enough going on in XY to make a year long gag like that really work in my opinion.

Given how XY is progressing, I'm expecting DA! 2.0 when the League finishes.

Actually I think we might get some exciting league and post league matches. If they have ash win then he would have to go against the E4, and that itself could be a whole arc. I can imagine him losing to the first or last one or even losing to the champion. But this is just me hoping

Would be nice if there would be a sum up season, Ash's last travel from Kanto to Kalos which includes meeting many important characters from all seasons ago and if you remember in season9 Scott offered Ash to become a Frontier Brain but he refused. Ash still can become a Frontier Brain, Scott said he would wait on him. Maybe Ash changes his mind after finishing his travel.

I'm actually starting to think Ash might have a chance. Pushing Serena x Ash, he's seemed a lot more determined at the start of XY to win, megas would provide closure, if that interview about that senior staff member wanting Paul returning post 8th badge wasn't bullshit that would give a good challenge, and last but not least the ungodly amount of Kanto fan service. It just seems perfect. I think t I'm going back to the sub for league match because I have actually hope. Even if he doesn't beat the Elite four getting to the final round would provide an excuse for a longer league.

Edit: I know I'm crazy you don't have to point it out.

Last edited:
1. Ash is probably going to battle Olympia sometime around September or early October.
2. The fourth Mega Evolution special episode is going to air in Fall, which can range from anytime from September to November.
3. Alain appeared right after Olympia in the OP.

So I think we might have a lot of material going on after the 7th gym battle. Alain's final story overlaps right around that moment, so we might get a full Team Flare arc between the 7th gym and the 8th gym where the whole arc overlaps with the Mega Evolution specials.

After the Kalos League, we might get a Zinnia arc or an Emma arc. Or the League itself could be pretty long. Imagine if Emma appeared as a rival :D

The new broadcast data more or less confirms the Olympia battle will happen October 22nd or the 29th. If not then, then most likely the first Thursday of November.

While it could happen, I'm having trouble seeing Ash get the Iceberg Badge before the year is over, so he should get it sometime early(?) next year with about 3-4 months before the League.

That's where things get a little fuzzy.

Last edited:
Well the way things are going now with Noibat, Hawlucha and Fletchinder on his team Ash could go on to become a Flying type gym leader.
Vivillon here we come!

Literally Vivillon is the only non legendary gen 6 flying type Ash does not own.

Well! Looks like XY & Z is gonna keep things busy for a while.

Maybe they'll be able to finish this saga with the League and some wrap-up episodes after all... :-/

Last edited:
Now the question is how long it'll take to get to Snowbelle City, whether or not he'll get the Iceberg Badge on his first try, and the gap between it and the League... :-/

Lots of people are hoping for a long Kalos league. The problem I see with that is the lack of rivals Ash has this time around. What made the Unova League, in my view, the most interesting league is all of the rivals/friends he had, with Trip, Cameron, Stephen and Virgil, as well as having Iris and Cilan do at least something. This reason is also shown to be entertaining in all of the little Club Battle Tournaments that all of the characters and rivals were in. But now, there seems to be no real opponent apart from Tierno and maybe Sawyer. This means that he'll probably only have two detailed matches, unless he stumbles across a new rival between gyms 7 and the league, which could happen. Also, for those suggesting he might win the league, i'm not certain. I feel the anime is giving a lot of focus on Frogadier at the moment, and when he becomes super-mega-awesome-science Greninja, I expect much the same.

My prediction is we'll most likely have about 20 episodes between now and the Snowbelle Gym. We have all the Team Flare stuff coming up, plus we'll probably have another Pokemon Showcase before it. After Ash wins his 8th badge, I figure some last minute plot stuff, the final Pokemon Showcase for Kalos Queen, and then the league. I figure after, we'll have some wrap up stuff, Gen 7 stuff, and the inevitable, yet very sad departure from Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie.

Lots of people are hoping for a long Kalos league. The problem I see with that is the lack of rivals Ash has this time around. What made the Unova League, in my view, the most interesting league is all of the rivals/friends he had, with Trip, Cameron, Stephen and Virgil, as well as having Iris and Cilan do at least something. This reason is also shown to be entertaining in all of the little Club Battle Tournaments that all of the characters and rivals were in. But now, there seems to be no real opponent apart from Tierno and maybe Sawyer. This means that he'll probably only have two detailed matches, unless he stumbles across a new rival between gyms 7 and the league, which could happen. Also, for those suggesting he might win the league, i'm not certain. I feel the anime is giving a lot of focus on Frogadier at the moment, and when he becomes super-mega-awesome-science Greninja, I expect much the same.

He has Tierno and Sawyr so far, and one could speculate that Sanpei may even show up for the league, though we have had no hints at this happening yet. How is this a problem for the league? Hoenn's league only had Morrison before Tyson and Katie were introduced and the Ever Grande Conference far outclassed Unova's trainwreck of a league. Based on every past league, we can also assume that a new rival will appear for the Kalos League, based on Ritchie, Harrison Tyson, Tobias, and Cameron appearing a few episodes before the league.

Last edited:
There is one thing, XY Series is different from the other series so far, Ash's Water type starter evolved, he is on an unbeaten streak since so many episodes, he didn't catch a regional grass type, only one rematch so far, that too in the first gym, did not lose his first match after arriving in the kalos region and many more trends that was broken by this series, so yeah we could probably see him winning the league afterall, also he could continue his journey with Serena to Kanto.....................lets see if this happens tho

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom