• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPECULATION: What could happen after the League?

SammyW27

Reaction score
I know some you hate it when I do this kind of thing, but I'm really curious.

Since they released info to hype the League, I think it'll happen a little earlier than usual. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking June or July and running through August or September.

In that case, what could they do afterwards until SM ends?

-Mohn and Ultra Space
-Necrozma & its Z-Move
-Melmetal arc
-A big move by the Team Rocket/The Matori Matrix
-Longest hiatus ever? :oops:

The main factor is Sword & Shield's release date and the start of SS anime, which may be later than usual for all we know.

Last edited:
The scans confirmed that Lillie will fix Magearna before the League and use it there and also that Meltan's full potential hasn't been shown yet.

That tells me the League isn't happening for quite a while and that it will probably be SM's last arc. Ohmori also said that Sword & Shield aren't releasing until Winter. Everything is pointing towards Magearna being fixed and Meltan evolving before the league.

View: https://twitter.com/Shigeru_Ohmori/status/1100769634221879296

Ay, there's the rub. Though I've seen it many times something was said to come out in the winter and it was released in November.

Though what's Magearna got to do with it? We all know it'll be a simple fix to get her started. It's not like they need an arc for that. (And she'll do is just stand around most of the time anyway).

Also, mid-battle evolutions.

Though why start hyping the League if it's not happening fairly soon? Don't they usually have a big spread about it about a month or so before it? :confused_emoji:

Last edited:
I am expecting the staff to build up whatever may happen until end of June and begin the league around end of June/beginning of July.

I suppose we will have an arc revolving around Team Rocket and Alola region after the league, some sort of clash inspired by Rainbow Rocket post game content, but excluding the organisation as Rainbow Rocket in the end. I may be bold and say the trio will be left in the end, but I may be wrong on that.
Let Mohn be a part of that arc and we are done with all the arc in SM

I honestly don't think the league will start until somewhere between episodes 126 and 128, at that point there will be 10-14 episodes left in the series (I see a lot of arguments for 138 episodes, and the last few series have ended at around 140 episodes). I think easily 8 episodes give or take a few will be devoted to the league, and the rest will of the episodes will just be storyline ends tied up and so forth. Episode 124 will air in the first week of June, so with my thoughts that it will take a few more episodes to get to the league, that is late June / early July.

And naturally there will be one or two week hiatuses, and with all of this, the series could end easily in late October or early November, have a week break or side episodes before SwSh anime starts.

The magazine only hinted at the league's start but didn't show any screenshots of it, so I think there's still time left. Also, this is the first series where Ash's goal isn't tied to the league, so the writers could pull 10 fillers between the league and the school graduation if they feel like it. There are some things left to cover, though:

-Mohn and Ultra Beasts (2-3 episodes).
-Shaymin's release (1 episode).
-Team Skull closure (1 episode but could happen at the league).

Shaymin should flee during the league after one of Kiawe's Fire types roasts it, or Mallow's mom makes a Giratina go after it because it was out for her girl's blood all along.

I don't think that either Magearna or Meltan require a lot of setup at this point; they're little more than "cute" (debatable) mythicals. The Meltan gang evolving into Melmetal seems like a post-league thing.

The league not starting by July would be weird. Winter 2016 was listed as SM's tentative release date; it will probably be mid-November this time, too.

Shaymin should flee during the league after one of Kiawe's Fire types roasts it, or Mallow's mom makes a Giratina go after it because it was out for her girl's blood all along.

I don't think that either Magearna or Meltan require a lot of setup at this point; they're little more than "cute" (debatable) mythicals. The Meltan gang evolving into Melmetal seems like a post-league thing.

The league not starting by July would be weird. Winter 2016 was listed as SM's tentative release date; it will probably be mid-November this time, too.

Meltan evolving before the League is near guaranteed. There'd be no point in it evolving after the league because then there'd be no more battles for it to be used in.

As for Magearna, every Lillie-related subplot has spanned multiple episodes, so I don't see this one being any different.

The magazine spoils multiple events, but it doesn't foreshadow Meltan evolving soon ("hidden power" could easily refer to a Z-move instead); it could also evolve out of the blue just like Brionne (at least its evolution method would justify it). Just for the record, the same magazine had a similar article on the Kalos League just a month prior to its beginning. I agree that the gap seems to be longer this time, but again, the league should start by July or the article is way too premature.

Lillie has only had one real arc about her, which was a loose adaptation of the SM story; the Mohn story is more original and is looking to be a lot like Mallow's story, which was rushed. They've already mentioned Mohn three times and there isn't a whole lot to resolve. For all we know, Magearna will awaken once Lillie has mastered her Z-move, and Mohn will watch her during the league. The outcome is probably going to be pretty banal if the games are any indication.

Lillie has only had one real arc about her, which was a loose adaptation of the SM story; the Mohn story is more original and is looking to be a lot like Mallow's story, which was rushed. They've already mentioned Mohn three times and there isn't a whole lot to resolve. For all we know, Magearna will awaken once Lillie has mastered her Z-move, and Mohn will watch her during the league. The outcome is probably going to be pretty banal if the games are any indication.

They have to find Mohn, you know. The story is about finding his whereabouts.

I dont know to be honest. It feels like they squeezed all the storylines in SM. And those storylines are done in less than 15 episodes. Team Rainbow Rocket is too good to be happening.

Except they were released right after evolving. There's no indication that Meltan will do the same. Also, it might never evolve.

So? Meltan could either not evolve at all, or it could be released before/after evolution. I myself personally doubt Meltan would evolve. My response was more to contradict the statement that Meltan has to evolve before the league.

Except they were released right after evolving. There's no indication that Meltan will do the same. Also, it might never evolve.

Meltan evolving is something that has to happen because aside from Kartana, it's the only Gen 7 Pokemon that hasn't appeared in the anime yet.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom