• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPECULATION: Where do we go after Necrozma?

SammyW27

Reaction score
After SM90, we'll still have about 50 or so episodes and a little over a year to go. There's still some stuff to do in Alola, but I don't think it's enough to last that long.
Especially since the Island Trials are treated as an afterthought and the Ultra Beasts are just glorified POTDs. :cautious:
At best I'm hoping for the Battle Frontier 2.0 to promote Let's GO. At worst we'll get a crap-ton of fillers, or even worse, DA 2.0 :eek:

I get that we'll learn by year's end. Especially since Iwane said they're making a new season/seriess to change course like they did in BW, XY, and to a lesser extent AG, but I can't help but wonder and surely I'm not the only one curious :unsure:

Last edited:
Necrozma, Necrozma...

I wonder if we'll see it return again as Ultra Necrozma in the near future?

Poni. Lillie's Z-Ring. The League. Team Rocket. Ash's final capture. Team Skull being rele-hahahaha! I can't say that with a straight face.

Episode 90 may end this particular arc, but nothing has really indicated this is the end of Necrozma's involvement in the story.

They've set up Team Rocket doing something with it, and I can't just see it ending at them trying to capture it only to fail. Giovanni isn't even going to show up, and he was the one who wanted info about Necrozma to begin with!

There's still three Ultra Beasts that have yet to debut. Where does Poipole fit into all this? Tapu Fini hasn't even gotten a focus episode yet.

They've set up Team Rocket doing something with it, and I can't just see it ending at them trying to capture it only to fail.

And yet that's exactly what happened their Isshu capers...

here's still three Ultra Beasts that have yet to debut.

And each will come and go in the space of an episode with little or no impact on the overall story.

And yet that's exactly what happened their Isshu capers...

Good thing we're in Alola, and not...that.

And each will come and go in the space of an episode with little or no impact on the overall story.

And where was it stated we'll never see them again? Nebby didn't have to come back, but it did.

It's entirely possible they could show up to help somewhere down the line. I mean, it's not like they were evil or anything, and the point of the UGs was to help them. So why not have them come back to repay the favor?

The Alola League, although I don't think it'll last that long even with 50 SuMo episodes left. And we'll likely get tons of fillers involving Kanto Pokemon soon. Hope y'all like Gen 1 nostalgia pandering.

I see the league, the last few Ultra Beasts, maybe another two episodes dedicated to a returning character or two, Guzma, the final grand trial, some filler padding, the final capture, and some evolution shenanigans. Did I miss anything?

Others have said this already, but there's still the Poni arc for Ash's island challenge. That alone would include something with Tapu Fini and Hapu, possibly Mina too. There's also three Ultra Beasts that have yet to receive focus episodes, and we still haven't seen any sign of Guzma. Put these with enough fillers or some other surprise and there you go.

Additionally, nothing is known about the details behind SM's Ash-Greninja style gimmick: Pikashunium Z. I hope we learn what's going on with that Z-Crystal when Ash gets closer to his final grand trial.

There's a lot of possibilities actually.

- Poni and The league are guaranteed.
- Lillie's Z-ring is almost mandatory as well.
- Team Skull might get a more elaborated role.
- Team Rocket / RR (depending on how this arc ends).
- The remaining UBs.
- Depending on whether we see Ultra Necrozma, that.
- Kanto related stuff either in Alola or back in Kanto.
- Ash's 6th capture (or 5th and 6th depending on Bebenomu's fate).
- Final exams or graduation or something more school related to take more advantage of the setting.
- Royal "Totally Not Kukui" Mask rematch.
- Mohn maybe?
- League preparations (so Kaki and anyone else participating could get a full team).
- Fun episodes that don't really amount to anything in the grand scheme of things but provide a great time.

Poni. Lillie's Z-Ring. The League. Team Rocket. Ash's final capture. Team Skull being rele-hahahaha! I can't say that with a straight face.

Episode 90 may end this particular arc, but nothing has really indicated this is the end of Necrozma's involvement in the story.

They've set up Team Rocket doing something with it, and I can't just see it ending at them trying to capture it only to fail. Giovanni isn't even going to show up, and he was the one who wanted info about Necrozma to begin with!

There's still three Ultra Beasts that have yet to debut. Where does Poipole fit into all this? Tapu Fini hasn't even gotten a focus episode yet.

The only part of the above that is even slightly exciting to me is the League, which I'm betting will be a disaster. I think we'll get to around episode 120 with all of the above, and then we'll get some filler arc like Orange Islands or that Delacore thing. Except the filler, I'm going to guess Ash will go to Kanto for whatever reason.

What even would a LGPE arc be like? Do we have 'the friendly rival' show up as an Alola league opponent like some Sawyer esc fellow?

The Necrozma battle is being promoted as a world-changing event and the climax of the Ultra Guardians plot, but its neither of those:
-It's not a world-changing event, as it was only foreshadowed a couple of times and it doesn't interfere with the Pokemon School thing which is the main plot.
-It's not the climax of the Ultra Guardians plot, as there are UBs that haven't appeared.

So I think things will continue the same. My prediction is that there will be a semi-filler arc of 6-10 episodes with Charjabug's evolution and the remaining UBs, and then the Poni Arc focusing on Ash and Lillie or Gladion.

well giving this time we need the filler after the league to not use the new series as commercial for the new games

Hmm I wonder what the series would be re-branded as if they go the Best Wishes Season 2/XYZ route. And would they pretend like it's a brand new series even though nothing in the actual show changes like they did with XYZ?

I'm not sure if we would see the cast go back to Kanto for an extended period of time since SM042/043 seemed like a one-off nostalgia grab. If any LGPE stuff makes it into the anime I see it being re-tooled to work in Alola. I could maybe see the last episode taking place in Kanto, or possibly Kasumi/Takeshi making a cameo during the league (silent or otherwise).

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom