• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation:Will Gen 6 have a third game or something different?

What will happen after the Gen 6 main pair?

• A third game, like Gens 1-4

Votes: 124 51.9%
  • Sequels like Black 2 and White 2

Votes: 51 21.3%
  • A prequel maybe, we've never seen that

Votes: 28 11.7%
  • Other/something totally original(explain)

Votes: 36 15.1%

• Total voters
Malva starts a new team flare and captures zygarde who i theorize has the power of reversal, Could reverse the events of X/Y, And you have to stop Neo Team flare/ WHatever the new team will be.

I'm predicting sequels again. Because of all the hints that we'll be seeing a new region. And with a new region comes a new set of games. It should be the other "half" of Kalos, as Kalos only covers half of France. Someone showed a pic of the comparison of Kalos and France on another site I go to, but I can't find it atm.

I mean, think about it. We only got 70 new Pokemon this time, fewer than usual. The rest could be waiting for us in the sequels.

We get a souvenir of an unknown legendary Pokemon that isn't from Kalos or any of the previous regions.

We're told in the game that we'll see this region "soon enough."

Imo, GameFreak might as well confirm it now, the hinting is so strong.

I'm predicting sequels again. Because of all the hints that we'll be seeing a new region. And with a new region comes a new set of games. It should be the other "half" of Kalos, as Kalos only covers half of France. Someone showed a pic of the comparison of Kalos and France on another site I go to, but I can't find it atm.
The unknown region is definitely not the other half of France, as it is said to be far away from Kalos. I doubt that games set in such a region would be considered sequels of XY.

I mean, think about it. We only got 70 new Pokemon this time, fewer than usual. The rest could be waiting for us in the sequels.
They could be waiting for us in any game, and it's possible that Generation VII will just be released for the 3DS sooner than expected. We're probably not going to see new Pokémon until 2016 at the earliest, since the next three slots in the National Pokédex (Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa) have to be covered first. I would think that any Kalos-related games would be released before Hoopa is distributed.

The unknown region is definitely not the other half of France, as it is said to be far away from Kalos. I doubt that games set in such a region would be considered sequels of XY.

They could be waiting for us in any game, and it's possible that Generation VII will just be released for the 3DS sooner than expected. We're probably not going to see new Pokémon until 2016 at the earliest, since the next three slots in the National Pokédex (Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa) have to be covered first. I would think that any Kalos-related games would be released before Hoopa is distributed.

Well, I'd still rather have sequels than a third game. B2W2 were way more different from BW than Platinum, Emerald, and Crystal were from their respective predecessors.

I'd think if they were to add a sequel, I would like the possibility to explore other lands, like we did in leafgreen and firered. Maybe explore southern Kalos?

I prefer sequels to third versions (in my opinion, they're everything a third version would be and more), but I have to wonder if XY has enough potential for a sequel(s). Unlike BW, which had (albeit unintentional) a few sequel hooks, XY's plot seems to have been mostly wrapped up (one can make arguments against this statement, but objectively it seems to me to be finished) to the point where I don't know if I can see Team Flare coming back again (especially since Lysandre is possibly dead). Also, as said above, the differences between X and Y are not necessarily profound enough to requisite two separate sequels, although I guess I can see it happening depending on the role of the legendary in a potential sequel.

The thing about BW2 was that Game Freak had to differentiate it from a third version due to being released on the obsolete DS (Gen V was caught at that awkward transition of consoles), whereas with Gen VI they could technically (not that I think they will) be somewhat lazy with this Gen under the guise of being on a new console and having improved graphics. It seems to me that, starting with BW, they've really been trying to shake the "same game every time" criticism they've been stigmatized with, so anything's possible right now.

However, I personally think the low number of new Pokemon was due to being overwhelmed by the quick development time/worldwide release and to prevent the reaction some people had to BW, not because there are still more Pokemon. Correct me if there's evidence to the contrary, but introducing a bunch of new Pokemon in the middle of a Gen would both make communications between games difficult and would just be...awkward (imo, anyways).

Slightly off topic, but has anybody considered that the hints of a new region could be hinting to a new region in some kind of side game similar to Colosseum/XD?

...introducing a bunch of new Pokemon in the middle of a Gen would both make communications between games difficult and would just be...awkward (imo, anyways).
That is extremely true. Remember how even when they introduced new formes for existing Pokemon, the games had to ensure that the Pokemon could only be traded in its pre-existing forme. Entirely new Pokemon would be entirely non-tradeable.

Also, as said above, the differences between X and Y are not necessarily profound enough to requisite two separate sequels,
I don't think that this is relevant. For one thing, they could easily release a single sequel. For another, if X and Y have shallow differences, so could their sequels. As far as the story is concerned, I'd hardly say that there were notable differences between Black and White or their sequels.

XY's plot seems to have been mostly wrapped up (one can make arguments against this statement, but objectively it seems to me to be finished) to the point where I don't know if I can see Team Flare coming back again (especially since Lysandre is possibly dead)
The thing is that Team Flare are not the be-all and end-all of Kalos. XY barely touched upon the Kalos legendaries or the concept of Mega Evolution, so it is easy to imagine a new story involving those elements and their common link. I remember reading a review that described Mega Evolution as the center of XY's plot, but that is definitely not the case, which I found disappointing.

Slightly off topic, but has anybody considered that the hints of a new region could be hinting to a new region in some kind of side game similar to Colosseum/XD?
The thought has occurred to me, but Game Freak have never even added references to the Orre series (or any series for that matter), so it would be unusual for them to foreshadow a future side series. Besides, we already know that the unknown region has a Champion, which implies that it's a traditional region.

Statelier said:
That is extremely true. Remember how even when they introduced new formes for existing Pokemon, the games had to ensure that the Pokemon could only be traded in its pre-existing forme. Entirely new Pokemon would be entirely non-tradeable.
They would be tradeable if Game Freak updated XY via a patch. I don't see them adding new Pokémon to Kalos games, but it would be awkward if they added new Mega Evolutions without updating XY, if only because the Mega Evolution sequence would look bizarre in battles.

Last edited:
I recall someone mentioning another group of people other than team flare was looking for the legendary pokemon before them, so i think it could be a prequel

I recall someone mentioning another group of people other than team flare was looking for the legendary pokemon before them, so i think it could be a prequel
We know that another group asked questions about Xerneas/Yveltal a few years ago, but that doesn't mean that anything happened (especially since only one person mentions them). It's quite possible that this group has been acting discreetly; perhaps they needed Team Flare to awaken one of the legendaries for them.

I could easily see a story about another team trying to use Xerneas and Yveltal to unlock Mega Evolution in as many Pokémon as possible. Team Rocket tried to do that with regular evolution using radio waves, but unfortunately that plot wasn't developed.

Last edited:
I certainly think that there is room to expand on Kalos' story, such as Lysandre and Sycamore's relationship. I would hope that this comes from something other than a third version as they're rather bland, especially now that we're in an age of DLC.

I don't know from 6th gen so far they could pull anything out of the bag. Though, my money is on a new region connected to Kalos. I mean at this point there's too much pointing to it to ignore

I would really want a X2 and Y2 or a prequel. A third game is good but it is just the same game as before but with a few upgrades.

With that
Ghost lady going "No, you are not the one" in X and Y
makes me think of a sequel.

I don't know from 6th gen so far they could pull anything out of the bag. Though, my money is on a new region connected to Kalos. I mean at this point there's too much pointing to it to ignore
I agree. Remember when Masuda or someone said not to get upset over the lack of new pokemon and that more would come soon? I think this is a pretty big indicator. Also what do you guys think Zygarde is going to get stat-improvement wise? Mega or Forme?

I agree. Remember when Masuda or someone said not to get upset over the lack of new pokemon and that more would come soon?
He didn't say that, nor would he ever apologize for the games not meeting fans' expectations. You're thinking of a fake screenshot of a tweet that was never posted by Masuda.

Also what do you guys think Zygarde is going to get stat-improvement wise? Mega or Forme?
A Mega Evolution. Xerneas and Yveltal are said to have (indirectly) created the Mega Stones, so I'd be surprised if Zygarde were unrelated to the concept. Legendary Formes are hardly interesting anymore.

Maybe we get another, smaller region based off of the U.K, which could be connected to Kalos by boat.

Maybe we get another, smaller region based off of the U.K, which could be connected to Kalos by boat.

Actually, something like this is pretty plausible. Remember how, in BW2, we got to explore new parts of Unova (i.e. Aspertia city) that weren't in BW, as well as previously post-game locations? I can see them doing a similar concept in XY2, except on a bit of a larger scale-more similar to how Johto is connected to Kanto. It could be a region directly below Kalos, or maybe a cool archipelago with a port to Kiloude (which would now become part of the main game). I don't really see the 16 badges thing being done again, and I'd think the new region would be relatively small, but maybe your adventure could span all the way from your home region (the new one) up through Kalos. As for Team Flare, maybe Malva could start a new branch (it would give people the female team leader they always ask for). I know I previously said that the Team Flare plot seemed finished, but I actually want to take that back after considering how Team Plasma's motive changed from liberating Pokemon (clearly stopped in BW) to (not including the members loyal to the old goal) taking over Unova after N, uh, quit. Either way, I'd prefer a sequel to a third version. Of course, this is all speculation, so feel free to disagree.

Actually, something like this is pretty plausible. Remember how, in BW2, we got to explore new parts of Unova (i.e. Aspertia city) that weren't in BW, as well as previously post-game locations? I can see them doing a similar concept in XY2, except on a bit of a larger scale-more similar to how Johto is connected to Kanto. It could be a region directly below Kalos, or maybe a cool archipelago with a port to Kiloude (which would now become part of the main game). I don't really see the 16 badges thing being done again, and I'd think the new region would be relatively small, but maybe your adventure could span all the way from your home region (the new one) up through Kalos. As for Team Flare, maybe Malva could start a new branch (it would give people the female team leader they always ask for). I know I previously said that the Team Flare plot seemed finished, but I actually want to take that back after considering how Team Plasma's motive changed from liberating Pokemon (clearly stopped in BW) to (not including the members loyal to the old goal) taking over Unova after N, uh, quit. Either way, I'd prefer a sequel to a third version. Of course, this is all speculation, so feel free to disagree.
That would be pretty cool. I feel like Malva is just kinda thrown in with Team Flare because she specializes in fire-types. She never really contributed to the story, and only had one minor appearance post-game.

Back
Top Bottom