• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speed Gamers catching Pokémon for charity today: Funds will go to ACT Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it looks like they have two hours left to catch 82 Pokémon, and the ones they have left are mostly either legendaries or Pokémon that require absurd amounts of training. I highly doubt they'll succeed, although it's still possible.

Thanks. Just looking through the list, are they just going to blast through DP ones? those are the ones that are missing. and the trade evolutions.

Training is the main hurdle. I wonder how much time they had spent for training. They probably will have a tons of Lucky Eggs and Exp. Shares to speed up!

The marathon just ended with the capture of Mew on My Pokémon Ranch.

Final tally:

$5,816 for ACT Today.
428 Pokémon Caught out of 491.
The marathon lasted for over 87 hours. (they went over as a thanks for all the donations)
Every legendary was caught except for Regigigas which they could not catch due to having their Ruby save file corrupted about halfway into the marathon.

They are planning to make this a yearly event, so they will take everything they've learned this year and put it towards their attempt next year.

Oh man. If I could help out in actually catching stuff, I would! Sounds like so much fun!

Whoa! =O That's rather impressive, actually. I hope they do better and raise more in 2009, even if I didn't get to watch 'em.

cool, they caught a WHOLE lot in just over 87 hours of non stop play without hacking. too bad their ruby cart failed.

Obviously you miss the entire point of these events. The goal is to raise money for charity. They are NOT trying to set/break any records for speed or accuracy.

I understand the point of the event; my statement still stands. That's quite a bit of money though, I'm impressed~

THe entire event was a pleasure to watch. I second having a Bulbagarden/pedia event like this, however. SOunds like a ton of fun.

Obviously you miss the entire point of these events. The goal is to raise money for charity. They are NOT trying to set/break any records for speed or accuracy.
Uhm Unown Lord is still right because the faster they catch the pokémon or the more pokémon they acquire the higher the money made for charity, so what you are saying doesn't make much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom