• ME fishes up some trouble in Mt. Coronet. Watch here as he slogs his way through the snowy Routes 216 and 217.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Spin-Offs You’d Like to See Remade or Continued

Reaction score
I'm happy we got a Pokemon Snap sequel, I can't wait to play it on release.

I think a Colosseum/XD remake should be made as a stop-gap, before Gen 9 gets revealed. Something like this could give developers time to work on animations for future games, plus they can be bundled together when both games use the same maps with a few different areas. Letting Genius Sonority or Bandai Namco work on this would give us content, while Game Freak uses a release gap to work on the traditional series.

Maybe even have them connect to a Gen 3 VC.

ɪ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀ ꜱᴡᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ...ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ᴛᴇᴀʀꜱ
Reaction score
I really thought Pokemon Ultra Mystery Dungeon with the Ultra Beasts as the main antagonists for the main story was a-shooin. Yet, here we are...

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
I'd like a game that's just a ton of minigames like what we found in the Pokemon Stadium games. I spent more time on those than the actual stadium part lol
It's honestly quite surprising that Pokémon hasn't done a full-on minigame collection game. Even Mario has done many of those, so why not Pokémon too?

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
I bet I would have liked the pokepark games. I never got a chance to play them. Come to think of it I don't think I ever saw any in the stores around me back then, either.

Bookworm
Reaction score
Actually it would be kind of cool if there was a spin-off game that combined elements from all the past spin-off games. Like a Mystery Dungeon game with a good story but also action elements from Pokepark, ability to talk to you partner like in Hey you Pikachu! and the Shadow Pokémon from Colosseum that you need to befriend in order to rescue them.

Maybe something a little darker to contrast with recent spin-off games like the café and toothbrush mobile games. Something for us adult fans that don't have really young kids but still appropriate for somewhat older kids.

Reaction score
Pokemon Colosseum and XD remake definitely as I always found them fascinating , just loved the Shadow Pokemon idea,the story and the characters.Would especially like to see the characters expanded upon in a remake.
Plus just really loved the 3D models in these games and the animations were great.An continuation or game in this style would also be brilliant.
If not a remake I think if it were possible porting the games to the Switch would be great especially for people who never got the chance to play them.Also considering the fact XD is very expensive nowadays.

T.R.U.T.H.兵士課、第14支部の軍人・アリア・スターキア
Reaction score
Ranger, period. How come it's been so long ever since the last one came out?

I'd also like another Mystery Dungeon but one that shows the Pokemon character as a human somehow. We could get a glimpse during the end for eg.

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
Ranger is probably going to be dormant for a while longer, if not completely dead. The gameplay requires a touch screen to play, and the Switch only supports touch gameplay in handheld mode (and even then, there's no stylus so you wouldn't have the pinpoint accuracy needed for it to work). So we probably won't see it again until that changes. If they were interested in Ranger, they should've put it on the 3DS when they had the chance.