• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spin-Offs You’d Like to See Remade or Continued

Pokepark, or some kind of spiritual successor. The first two games, especially the 2nd, are a good foundation for a solid action adventure spinoff. A new game that's less focused on the minigames and more focused on the battling and exploration would be a nice addition to the series and the Switch's lineup.

Actually you know what could be better than this? Combing Pokepark and Pokken. Give it an open world ARPG single player campaign, and then a battle arena multiplayer mode. Best Pokemon spinoff of all time right here.

My list of spin-offs that I'd like to see remade/continued (R is for "spin-off game I'd like to see remade"; C is for "spin-off series I'd like to see continued"):
  1. The TCG game for the Game Boy (R)
  2. Pokemon Pinball (R)
  3. Pokemon Puzzle League (R)
  4. The Ranger series (C)
  5. Pokemate (R)
  6. The Typing Adventure game (R)
  7. The PokePark series (C)

The only spin-off game I ever got really into was Pinball Ruby & Sapphire. I'd love to see a new Pinball game on the Switch.

I think the Pokemon Trading Card Game could be really great on the Switch as well. The Game Boy version is a bit clunky - you have to scroll through menus to see what cards are in your hand or on the table. But a Switch version could be designed so that everything is laid out in front of you, as if you were playing the game in real life. I'm surprised there haven't been any attempts to bring the Trading Card Game onto a more capable console before.

Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Battle Revolution.

I personally never played Colosseum or XD (Cause I never owned the necessary console) but I'd still love to see that remade. I hear a lot of good stuff about that and from I've watched it looks like a cool game with a different enough feel from the mainline stuff to warrant it.

Would love to see the Ranger series get HD remakes and then an additional chapter added as a fourth game. A third Colosseum game would also be very nice to see someday. Maybe, seeing how Orre has changed 20+ years later with newer mons entering and a new villainous team of some kind.

You know, a certain quote got me thinking…

Colosseum had a Battle Mode feature akin to the stadiums from Stadium (no Gym Leader Castle, though). It wouldn't be too difficult to make the facilities more varied, although I'd be interested even in just Little Cup and Challenge Cup (Battle Factory). Inverse Battles would be a more modern addition.

Realistically, Game Freak wouldn't want the competition.
Back then, Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Battle Revolution existed to fill a niche of 3D Pokémon games, which has since been incorporated into the main series. However, there are still things that Game Freak isn't really interested in incorporating into the main games for various reasons, so why not have such a continuation of Stadium/Battle Revolution fill those niches that Game Feak refuses to give us in the main Pokémon games?

Here's a few things that a new Stadium/Battle Revolution game could give us:
  • I've seen the occasional comparison between the Stadium games and Battle Revolution (mostly the latter) to the Battle Frontier feature that has been present in both Pokémon Emerald and Pokémon Platinum. If you take in how the former two are looked upon more fondly and add the fact that Game Freak now sees such challenging features like the Battle Frontier as a waste of time, then perhaps having games like these could scratch the itch that the Battle Frontier previously held.
  • Due to Dexit, we don't know if we'll even get compatibility between different game pairs of the same generation. The rest of TPCi could very well force GF to employ such a scummy tactic to boost more sales for Pokémon Home. Now, how do you skirt around this travesty while boosting sales to please investors? By actually having that compatibility in a new Stadium/Battle Revolution installment/revival! Even if such games don't include the full roster of all existing Pokémon, they would at the very least provide a guaranteed environment where all games of the same generation can actually interact with one another. Of course, it would be even better if such a game did have the full National Pokédex roster, but that's being a bit too generous.
  • Game Freak has been spending less and less time of providing engaging side-activities and mini games into the main series, and the Pokémon Stadium games are notable for having very fun mini games. Having a new Stadium game could give players more mini-game goodness!

While these are all things that should be in the main series Pokémon games, it is becoming increasingly clear that Game Freak has no interest in incorporating these things in the mainline game pair any time soon. Thus, introducing a new installment/revival of Stadium/Battle Revolution is the next best thing. Just the thought of these things practically oozes a profitable sales opportunity for TPCi. Come on Pokémon Company, you know we'd buy this hypothetical revival, so hop to it!

I wanted to see more Pokemon Ranger games. The last 2 were awesome and with updated graphics I bet Nintendo could come up with a new fantastic sequal.

As many other people here, I too would love a new Pokémon Ranger game. The main issue I see with is that the gameplay was very tied to the DS - and as explained before, a port to the Switch is ... finnicky at best.

Still, I think something using more of Pokémon Go's mechanics could work, if only for a spiritual successor. Use a combination of berries, environmental interaction and I don't know "Ranger balls" to befriend Pokémon and focus more on world exploration and overworld puzzles.

Another spin-off that I think could work very well for much the same reasons above is a PokéPark revival. Basically, I want to see Pokémon Odyssey / Breath of the Wild, lol.

earlier, i mentioned pokemon colosseum/XD/pbr, but i think there's a few other underrated titles that bear mentioning that would appreciate some sort of remake:

- not sure how many people remember Hey You, Pikachu for the n64, but goodness i miss those days. it's a pretty simple game where you just... hang out with pikachu and talk to it! i suppose if it were to be remade, i'd like there to be more options than Pikachu, but there was, to my recollection, no battling whatsoever. it's a very relaxing game where the gist of it is that you spend as much time as you can outside with pikachu and other wild pokemon.

- pokemon stadium/2. i've only played (or really remember) 2, but i think the stadium games deserve to be remade in some fashion. i miss doing the mini-games, and playing against the e4, and using shitty rental pokemon because i don't have my own (lmao). good times.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom