• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spin-Offs You’d Like to See Remade or Continued

Reaction score
With Pokémon Rescue Team DX, we can see that Pokémon hasn’t forgotten about their popular spin-off games from the past.

So which of your other favorite Pokémon spin-off titles would you like revisited on the Switch? Would you want a remaster like DX or would you prefer a continuation of that series? What kinds of updates and quality-of-life changes would you like to see?

Here’s a nice list of spin-off titles to help refresh your memory if you need it.

Last edited:
I definitely want a remake of Explorers of Sky, for all I care it doesn't even need much new content, just a beautiful remake with updated mechanics and the inclusion of Mega Evolution, like the Rescue Team remake. I suppose the only "new" Pokémon would be Sylveon, as well as the regional forms + their evolutuons. Also, actually putting Arceus in the game outside of Destiny Tower would be great, perhaps with its own little storyline or even a new bonus episode.

In addition to that, I am pretty certain we will see brand new Mystery Dungeon games too in the future.

Aside from that, I'd love to be able to play Colosseum and XD, don't really care whether it'd be a remake or just a port/download.

That's it, really. I don't think Ranger would work very well on the Switch, Stadium is kinda pointless nowadays, and I never really cared for any of the other spin-off games.

The Ranger series. Like said here (Let's Go Ranger) I believe that there could be a future for this spin-off with Let's Go elements. I'm tired of the whole Trainer story, I love the Rangers since they were first introduced in Hoenn and then had their own series without catching Pkmn but befriending them.

• I'd like to see a new Mystery Dungeon with Super mechanics, maybe centering around Zygarde or Calyrex.
  • I love Picross, I would like a new installment that's full price and you don't have to invest anything.
  • Pokémon Home should have a Pokedex 3D functionality to make up for the lack of one in game.

PokePark! So many fun worlds and minigames! And the battles might have been simple, but they were a starting point for the idea of a 3D real time battle, something which a lot of people say they'd enjoy. I'd love to see another PokePark with all the new Pokemon we've gotten, and maybe even some more complex battles now that we've had Pokenn Tournament to explore that idea, too.

I'd love a new Pokemon Ranger game. The games were so much fun and it's a shame that it never got any attention after the DS era. I'm almost positive that we'll either get a remake of Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky or a brand new Mystery Dungeon game. Plenty of fans would be happy with either option. I liked DX Rescue Team, but I would have liked it if they included more Pokemon. I'm still disappointed that I never got to play as a Popplio in a Mystery Dungeon game.

Even though it's really unlikely, a Pokemon Snap remake or sequel would be amazing. I think it's too late to make a new game, but just having a remake with better graphics and maybe some more stages after taking a picture of Mew would be great. People have wanted something for Snap for ages and I think it could work well on the Switch.

Remakes of Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness would be pretty awesome too. Similar to Snap, it would be cool to see those games updated with better graphics and maybe a few more Pokemon thrown in there. I don't know if I'd want a remake for Pokemon Conquest. It was a fun game, but I just wish it led to more Pokemon crossover games. I'd also like a new Pokemon Rumble game, if only because the Rumble Blast app game was so disappointing.

I'd love to see Explorers of Sky remade, for obvious reasons, as well as Colosseum and XD because they look awesome but I don't have a GameCube and am too lazy to try and emulate them.

pokemon colosseum/XD/pokemon battle revolution

words can't describe how fun these games were at the time, and they're a huge reason why i grew to become so fond of what is now 3D models over sprites because of how potentially (emphasis here) expressive they can be. colo/XD really took this to the next level with how beautiful some of the attacks were animated and how expressive the pokemon were in them when they were attacked, etc. honestly pokemon battle revolution took this a step further and i wouldn't mind seeing this remade in some form, as well. it's a glorified battle frontier, but it was fun for what it was. really though i feel like all three can use a remake of some sort, i don't think the current 3D mainline games can really do them anywhere close to justice.

also explorers of sky remake is something i'd be looking forward to as well. i'm not getting my hopes up for that one too much, though. explorers dx is doing pretty meh at the moment sales-wise from what i know even though i personally had fun with it (i mean, i sank more than 100 hours into it so...).

+Pokemon Snap was a fun game, but it was way too short and had very few pokemon in it. I think it was because of hardware limitations at the time, but it is a good concept and I'd like to see it back as a full game and not a side feature in a main series game.

+Pokemon Colosseum/XD for me are one of the best games because they are so fun and have a creative lore. I loved that they tried to do something different while keeping with the core mechanics of the main series (battles and all that)

Pokémon Conquest 2 above all. The original is probably one of my favorite Pokémon spin-offs, but I would've preferred to have a much longer main campaign instead of, or perhaps in addition to, all the post-game character campaigns - which basically made up the bulk of the game itself, really. A sequel with a longer main campaign and higher difficulty, or difficulty settings, would make for a superb spin-off Pokémon Strategy RPG.

Sadly, since Conquest was a crossover game, I have my doubts it'll ever happen. Perhaps I should hope for a Pokémon x FE offshoot sequel crossover title instead.

Trozei was the only Pokémon spin-off I actually played (and really love), so I would love to see more installments of the Tetris like game.

Perhaps I should hope for a Pokémon x FE offshoot sequel crossover title instead.
Well there were talks of it but it never went anywhere since FE went on to crossover with SMT and Pokémon got Conquest instead.

also explorers of sky remake is something i'd be looking forward to as well. i'm not getting my hopes up for that one too much, though. explorers dx is doing pretty meh at the moment sales-wise from what i know even though i personally had fun with it (i mean, i sank more than 100 hours into it so...).

The sales might not be necessarily a bad sign. Since they went to the trouble to remake the original Mystery Dungeon game after not having a new title for years, I imagine that they're aware of the strong following this series has. It's quite possibly one of the more popular Pokemon spin-off series, so I could see them still being willing to at least go for another remake. It may not be a guarantee, but I think that there's a pretty good chance of it happening. Plus, part of the problem could be that it came out the same month as the new Animal Crossing game and I'm sure more people wanted to spend the money on just one of the titles as opposed to both of them. I put a surprisingly amount of hours in Rescue Team DX too, so I'd be curious to see what a new game or another remake would look like with the upgrades introduced here.

Pokemon Snap.
Pokemon Stadium but it's now a hybrid between itself and Battle Revolution (Functioning as a good looking battle simulator as well.)

• Pokemon Colosseum/XD: Though these games definitely have their shortcomings (can't catch em' all!), they were unique and fun and a breath of fresh air in the series at the time. Definitely the coolest region to date, with a steampunk vibe and a neat art style. I really enjoy the mature style and the fact that you play as a literal VILLAIN. It'd be cool to see another game in this style, maybe a return to Orre 10 years later, or a brand new region.
  • Pokemon Ranger: Sadly this will probably never happen given the technology of the Switch. The Ranger series was my favorite spinoff series; i really enjoy looking back at them and picking out all the little things that have gradually transitioned to the main games. I enjoyed the story writing and the characters were engaging and interesting. Maybe if they can find a way to transition or adjust the gameplay of Ranger onto the Switch in some new way, they could bring the series back, but I doubt it, sadly. :/
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky: I say this with a wary voice because, although I thought the art style change for DX was beautiful and fit right in with the charm of the game, the Explorers games are VERY different in terms of tone, mood, and themes, in my opinion, and I'm not sure that just reusing the assets from DX would capture the feeling of the originals as much as DX did. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Explorers of Sky on Switch, but I think they need to do it right.
  • Pokemon Conquest: I can't really say much about this one, seeing as it's been a long time since I've played it, but I'm a huge fan of tactical RPGs and I remember thinking at the time that Pokemon as a Tactical game was a perfect idea. I'd love to revisit the concept.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom