• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spin-Offs You’d Like to See Remade or Continued

I'm happy we got a Pokemon Snap sequel, I can't wait to play it on release.

I think a Colosseum/XD remake should be made as a stop-gap, before Gen 9 gets revealed. Something like this could give developers time to work on animations for future games, plus they can be bundled together when both games use the same maps with a few different areas. Letting Genius Sonority or Bandai Namco work on this would give us content, while Game Freak uses a release gap to work on the traditional series.

Maybe even have them connect to a Gen 3 VC.

I'd like a game that's just a ton of minigames like what we found in the Pokemon Stadium games. I spent more time on those than the actual stadium part lol
It's honestly quite surprising that Pokémon hasn't done a full-on minigame collection game. Even Mario has done many of those, so why not Pokémon too?

Actually it would be kind of cool if there was a spin-off game that combined elements from all the past spin-off games. Like a Mystery Dungeon game with a good story but also action elements from Pokepark, ability to talk to you partner like in Hey you Pikachu! and the Shadow Pokémon from Colosseum that you need to befriend in order to rescue them.

Maybe something a little darker to contrast with recent spin-off games like the café and toothbrush mobile games. Something for us adult fans that don't have really young kids but still appropriate for somewhat older kids.

Pokemon Colosseum and XD remake definitely as I always found them fascinating , just loved the Shadow Pokemon idea,the story and the characters.Would especially like to see the characters expanded upon in a remake.
Plus just really loved the 3D models in these games and the animations were great.An continuation or game in this style would also be brilliant.
If not a remake I think if it were possible porting the games to the Switch would be great especially for people who never got the chance to play them.Also considering the fact XD is very expensive nowadays.

Ranger, period. How come it's been so long ever since the last one came out?

I'd also like another Mystery Dungeon but one that shows the Pokemon character as a human somehow. We could get a glimpse during the end for eg.

Ranger is probably going to be dormant for a while longer, if not completely dead. The gameplay requires a touch screen to play, and the Switch only supports touch gameplay in handheld mode (and even then, there's no stylus so you wouldn't have the pinpoint accuracy needed for it to work). So we probably won't see it again until that changes. If they were interested in Ranger, they should've put it on the 3DS when they had the chance.

Honestly I've grown to accept the Oree games as non-canon spinoffs, but still an continuation of them would prolly be appreciated in some form.

My first choice would be Pokemon Snap, but that's happening (which I am still squealing about), so my next option is PokePark.

Okay, I haven't even played the PokePark games, but I've seen some gameplay of them, and just the thought of being able to run around a 3D world as a Pokemon sounds amazing to me. Plus, the style of the game looked pretty cute, and they seemed like they would be fun.

I'm gonna throw caution to the wind and say Pokemon Ranch. It was cute and had potential. I would love some kind of box system where I'd get to see my Pokemon playing with each other. I know the nasty toy Pokemon art design was hideous, but this was the only way we got to see our Pokemon playing with each other and showing off personalities. Well, that's sort of achieved now with camping, but that's only your party of 6. Imagine if you could roam around a wild area sized field full of just your Pokemon. I'd love it.

Anyways, after that stupid suggestion, I'll jump on the Colosseum/xd train, those games were amazing. I'd love a revival in any way, remake, sequel, anything!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom