• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SpinyShell’s Art

Phosphene

Formerly SpinyShell
Reaction score
So I’ve decided to make an art thread to post the Pokémon and non-Pokémon related artwork that I make.

Some non-Pokémon

Tried to draw in a PMD portrait of Turtonator. I couldn’t get the nose to work out right on this one no matter how many references I looked at.

Ooh, I love that Chandelure sketch! Chandelure is one of my favorite Pokémon, and that art style really suits it quite well, too. Skillfully done!

Thank you.

After drawing some Ghost types for the this month's art prompt, I noticed I've improved a bit. At least with drawing Mimikyu. The Mimikyu I drew today without any construction lines is better than all three of my prior Mimikyu drawn two or three years ago.

I know it seems silly to make a post like this, but I'm happy that I'm showing improvement because I often feel like I don't.

I have a Reshiram figurine that I brought to my dorm, which inspired me to draw Reshiram and Zekrom.

Reshiram is one of my favorite legendary Pokemon, even with its weird feather... placement.

And here is beefy, impossible-to-draw boi. You know, I feel that Zekrom is a more fitting partner for N because I believe that the theme of ideals fit better with him and his goals rather than truth. N was deceived by his "father" in more ways than one, and strongly believed in the lie that the relationship between humans and Pokemon was always unfair, which doesn't seem fitting for a partner of the embodiment of truth. However, N believed strongly in his idealistic world, one where Pokemon are free, and sticks to his ideals, releasing his Pokemon. If I remember correctly, he still wishes to achieve his idealistic world, or something similar to it, after the events of Black and White. But I digress.

This is a little different from what I usually post. Rather than traditional art, I made a wallpaper for my computer since I wasn't a fan of the few Turtonator wallpapers out there. I'm pretty happy with the design, however, I am debating putting Turtonator's Japanese name, バクガメス, somewhere on the wallpaper. The blue and white circles are possible locations. I'd like to ask you guys if I should put the name, and where it should go.
Edit:
Here's the section where I most like the placement of バクガメス. Maybe it would look better in black...

Last edited:
So, a couple days ago I decided to redraw some older drawings I had made around two-ish years ago.

Turtonator's shell sort of looks like a pizza, no?

My favorite food and favorite Pokemon all in one glorious picture.

Also, here's some traditional art I did. I have a project due on Monday for my art course (it's a GE), and I drew some practice sketches for it.

Back
Top Bottom