• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SpinyShell's Pokémon Discussion Thread

Phosphene

Formerly SpinyShell
Reaction score
199Slowking_GS.png
Here's yet another blog that'll probably die after, like, three updates.
So I've been inspired by several threads on here talking about Pokémon such as the various top 100 Pokémon threads, and felt like making my own thread in a similar style. Not in the sense that it would be a top 100 thread, but moreso in the vain of "I'm going to be explaining my opinions on some Pokémon." There isn't going to be a set schedule for this thread or anything like that--essentially I'll be updating it whenever I feel like it.

Table of contents:
  1. Duraludon

Last edited:
Duraludon
Duraludon_%28dream_world%29.png
Duraludon is a Pokémon that I've come to both love... and hate. When I first saw it in that trailer, it quickly became my favorite Galar Pokémon, though that ranking is now given to Drednaw and/or Orbeetle. While no longer my top favorite, Duraludon is still in my top five or so Galar 'mons. I tend to like the more monster-like Pokémon, especially the Dragon types which are full such designs, and futuristic-looking mechs and robots have always intrigued me. So to have a Pokémon that's essentially the love-child of these two ideas, how could I not love it? I mean, look at this card art:
1610328656216.png

Robo-dragon shooting lasers? Sign me up. It's just so... so cool! And its cry is one of my favorites and was one of the reasons why I grew so attached the design when I first saw it.

That being said, I do have my issue with the design. Its neck, torso, and tail looks too stiff and in my opinion, and the way the legs/feet are connected to the body looks like an error on the models, not too mention they look a little bulky and unwieldly. The tail and torso also like too bulky as well, methinks. Not too mention that its head situation is... well...
iu

...yeah (though, I do like the lights in its mouth--helps sell the idea that it is a robot of some sort). As for the Gigantamax form, I think it exasperates all the issues I have with regular Duraludon. Not exactly a fan.

Overall, though, despite my multiple grievances with the design, Duraludon is still a pretty solid Pokémon in my opinion.

it is understandable that duradulon's anatomy is questionable... but over all its a pretty powerful pokemon, it has the dragon typing which is the best type for multiple reasons, and the steel typing.
its bulky design kinda signifies it bulky defense, which most steels usually have a high amount in the defense department. it is also a very good special attacker which isn't that helpful due to being basically flash cannon being its only steel special move, but it does have other move that have power potential, along with decent attack to make up for it. Duraludon is a pretty powerful pokemon overall

I agree that Duradulon is a powerful Pokemon. I used one in my original Shield playthrough.
It was the one that took on Eternatus in both forms.
Steel/Dragon is a great typing. A lot of resistances and an immunity.

one of my favorite steel types is aggron. I am glad they added him in the crown tundra DLC for SW/SD. in pokemon R/S I normally spend about 5 minutes just weakening it to catch because it takes no damage from normal and flying type moves.
aron alone has 100 base Def, it goes to 140 base Def as lairon, and 180 base Def as aggron. aggron also has a base Atk of 110. when it mega evolves, its Atk goes to base 140, and its Def goes from base 180 to base 230. in my opinion it should have gotten the dragon type upon mega evolution, just so fire was none of its weaknesses, plus it does look like a land dragon- ish. but all in all, aggron is a great pokemon, and a great steel and rock type that I feel like is under rated!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom