• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SpinyShell's Shinys

Is it worth it to soft resent for shiny starters, fossils, legendaries, etc?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Depends on the Pokémon

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Phosphene

Formerly SpinyShell
Reaction score
Hey guys. I hope I'm doing this right, I'm a little nervous.

After seeing a user with a link to their collection of SwSh shiny Pokemon in their sig in the Fizzy Bubbles forum, I decided to doing something similar as it would be a good way to keep track of all the sparkly 'mons I've got. However, they had their list in Google Sheets, and I didn't want to reveal any personal information that way. So, instead, I decided to make this blog thread detailing the shiny Pokemon I have obtained. As of now, the format I have in mind is just me listing out the shiny Pokemon I've got, with a few details about the process as well as their stats, natures, and the like plus a few extra things like in-game pictures (maybe) and my current shiny goal(s). Most of my posts will be about recent shiny Pokemon from SwSh, though I might go back and post shiny Pokemon from older games as well. Hopefully I'll continue to update this blog regularly, at least every time I get a few new shinys, but I miiiiight end up forgetting about it or growing tired of it. So, uh, just be prepared for that.

This awkward post in particular is just going to be an introduction sort of thing, and not my first listing. I'll probably post the first one shortly after I post this lol.

Current amount of SwSh shinys: 5

Table of Contents
  1. First Batch

Last edited:
First Batch
In this listing, I'm going to talk about my first five shinys that I currently have in SwSh. Without further ado...

HOME012_f_s.png

Butterfree was my first shiny that I got in SwSh pre-charm on 3/7/20, and my first shiny that I got in a raid. The first thing that I noticed was her green eyes, and then it hit me that I had a shiny on my hands. I was so nervous during that battle, but I caught her (in a Net Ball) without a hitch. Some fast facts: she has 31 IVs in every stat except Special Attack and Speed, she has star sparkles (like all other shinys I currently have), her nature is Hardy, and her ability is Compound Eyes.
HOME884_s.png

The first Pokemon that I hatched via the Masuda method in SwSh, this Duraludon hatched the same day I started hunting on 3/22/20. Hurrah for 1/512 shiny odds! This Duraludon luckily hatched with his hidden ability, Stalwart. He is modest by nature, is in a Heavy Ball, has IVs of 31 in all stats except Special Attack, and knows all three Duraludon egg moves: Mirror Coat, Slash, and Night Slash.
HOME776_s.png

It has become a tradition of sorts to try and get a shiny Turtonator in every game possible. The shiny Turtonator I hatched in Sword on 4/13/20 is my third shiny Turtonator overall, and the second one in a Luxury Ball. While his mother was a Turtonator, his father was a Korean Appletun. Like Duraludon above, Turtonator also has a modest nature. He has all his egg moves (Rapid Spin, Curse, Wide Guard, Head Smash) and max IVs in all stats except HP and Special Attack.
HOME885_s.png

This Dreepy's father, like Turtonator, was also the Korean Appletun (I used this Appletun as I don't have any non-English Dittos that are good for breeding). He hatched on 4/25/20. I haven't evolved him yet, though I plan on doing so. He is rash by nature, in a Dusk Ball, has Infiltrator as his ability, and has max IVs in every stat except Defense. His moves are Dragon Tail, Curse, Confuse Ray, and Sucker Punch (all egg moves).
HOME871_s.png

Last but not least, Pincurchin is most likely the first shiny I have bred without using the Masuda Method. I was attempting to get a breeding-ready Pincurchin when she hatched on 4/26/20. Her mother was a Pincurchin (obviously) while her father was a Chandelure. Unfortunately she doesn't have her hidden ability, but I am glad that I got her the same day I decided to breed. She is jolly, in a Dive Ball, and knows both Pincurchin egg moves: Memento and Sucker Punch.
Here's them in Camp (sorry for the low quality).
IMG-6140.JPG

IMG-6139.JPG

IMG-6138.JPG

IMG-6137.JPG

The Pokemon I am currently hunting are Galarian Ponyta (which I have been hunting since Duraludon hatched), Wooloo, and Chewtle (by chaining).

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom