• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Spiritomb vs Sableye

Re: Spiritomb or Sableye?

~ Bump ~

An exact tie....come on guys, ties are lame! Lets keep voting.

Sableye. Easier to get. And I'm still a little bummed that Spiritomb wasn't a Gastly evolution. Although Sableye is an infinitely superior battler.

"Those are the Sableye, Dusknoir's jailers and executioners. They do all the dirty work." -Grovyle, paraphrased, PMD2

Definitely the Sableye for me. Those little guys were some of the most interesting pokémon of Gen III, and their role in PMD2, especially when they helped Dusknoir in fighting Primal Dialga in Sky, made them one of my favorites.

Spiritomb would probably win in a fight, but I like Sableye slightly better. I never really liked Sinnoh, and Hoenn was my favorite region. I also think Sableye has a better design.

Spiritomb is way cooler and it´s better.

Spiritomb fo sho.
1. It looks better.
2. It's stronger.
3. Better movepool.

To all the responses claiming that Spiritomb is stronger: Sableye now has Mischievous Heart. This means that it can launch non-damaging moves like Will-o-wisp, Calm Mind, Taught, Substitute etc with priority. Spiritomb, on the other hand, is usually forced to take a hit before doing anything. So because of this new ability, Sableye is often actually considered better than its Ghost/Dark counterpart.

More info on Smogon

Sableye. He has a better design and he eats precious stones! Sableye definitely.

Sableye can wreck with Confuse Ray and Mean Look. What a beast! It's Trickery is a nice (duh) trick. And with Night Shade, well--it has reliable tricks all around. Mischievous Heart makes it.

When I first saw Sableye I really like it. It's design was really cool and I like how it eats stones like a Goron (though Gorons are cooler). I didn't even know it had no weaknesses until the next Gen, and if I knew I probably would have put it on my team.

When I saw Spiritomb I loved it. The first Pokemon with no weaknesses (in my mind) and it was actually very hard to get. Very worth the effort I thought when I finally got one. It has a pretty good move pool and decent stats, so I go with Spiritomb. It has a better back story or whatever.

Sableye eats precious stones. Thats hard core, man.

Hehe, too true.

I love 'em both, they're quite awesome. D: But the Sableye, Dusknoir's groupies, make me like 'em a bit more. They were going to tear the player, partner, and Grovy into shreds. That is hardcore too. D8

Sableye has an epic design, but Spiritomb is stronger. My vote for Wondertomb.

I have a soft spot for Sableye, because he was on my Emerald team. I think he suits the 'Dark' portion of the typing better than Spiritomb as well.

I voted Sableye because of their gems and because they're Dusknoir's homies.

Well, I like both Spiritomb and Sableye, but Spiritomb gets my vote. It has a creepy face, better defenses, and a very awesome battle cry. Sableye is just a cute ghost/dark type that doesn't give the eerie feel Spritomb does.

I find Spiritomb a really, REALLY intriguing pokémon.
At least, in regards of its design...
It's a ghost type, and all ghost types have some range of creepyness... But Spiritomb really manages to give a feeling of an evil ghost of pure hatred.

Also look at how is it. It is an stone, with a ghastly, ominous shape from it with just a wicked face. It's backstory says that it is 108 (A number pretty unsettling in itself) malevolent spirits merged into a single being, and outright state that it is evil enough to had been sealed.
Awakening Spiritomb is pretty much doing the Pokémon equivalent to black magic.

Sableye just doesn't stand out to me nowhere as much. Though it gets merit from threatening to kill the player like that, and the whole shadow with shining eyes imagery. They look pretty nasty and dangerous in-universe.

Spiritomb. It has a actually terrifying, and fair stats. Plus, it can be quite mean with Dark Pulse. No other ghost type can really defeat its awesomeness.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom