• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Splatoon 3

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Thread for all things Splatoon 3. Feel free to use this space as a place to coordinate teams, post sweet clips of yourself doing cool things in the game, discuss updates/changes to the games, show off your fresh gear sets, discuss Splatfests and which team you'll be choosing, give your opinions on Splatoon 3 as a whole, or whatever other kid-or-squid-or-octopus-related things you want to talk about.

To kick things off, check out the new trailer recently put out from Nintendo about the first major update to Splatoon 3!

The new update is called the Chill Season update. It'll be releasing on December 1st, and includes:
  • Two new maps: Flounder Heights from Splatoon 1, and the brand-new Brinewater Springs
  • Ten returning weapons from previous Splatoon games, some with modified sets
  • Three brand new weapons (a Roller, Shooter, and Charger - which I'm personally most excited for)
  • A new catalog
  • The return (I think) of X-mode, a special battle mode for super-high ranked players in Anarchy Battles
  • The announcement of the first Big Run! Yay!
Overall I think that this update is incredibly substantial and is exactly what I envisioned for a first update. Keeping things fresh is always great and it's awesome to see new content in addition to returning content. Splatoon has always been great when it comes to additional content, whether it be through splatfests or new stages/weapons, so hopefully this is a sign that will continue to be the case as long as the game grows!

But that's enough from me, what do you think about Splatoon 3?

Really like this game even if I'm new to the series and generally not as good as experienced players! I really can't adjust to motion controls either lol so I use stick. Tried them out many times before and the camera just moved around wayy too much and affected my performance.. will try again until I can adjust, but it's really hard. Considering just setting it permanently and dealing with any struggles that come until I get used to it ajdhfh

• Staff
Really like this game even if I'm new to the series and generally not as good as experienced players! I really can't adjust to motion controls either lol so I use stick. Tried them out many times before and the camera just moved around wayy too much and affected my performance.. will try again until I can adjust, but it's really hard. Considering just setting it permanently and dealing with any struggles that come until I get used to it ajdhfh
If it helps, there are sensitivity controls for motion that you can adjust within the settings menu. This is the case for both handheld and tabletop/TV mode, which I really really like because I like having handheld be a liiiiitttle more sensitive so i don't have to move the console as much.

Motion controls will help you get better as well - believe me, if you're finding that you die often in 1v1s with something like dualies or shooters, it's probably partially because your opponent is using motion and you aren't. I'd definitely recommend giving them a shot!

I'm enjoying Splatoon 3 a lot so far. Since I started to get back into Splatoon again I decided to get the game and It's pretty good, though the online multiplayer could be balanced better and the communication errors are annoying as heck. But aside from that, I'm liking the game so far.

• Staff
Been getting back into the game now that the update is out - I realized that I was pretty far behind in the catalog, so over the course of the last couple days of the previous season, I grinded a bit of Comp to try and get my catalog level up to 98 to get the dab emote. Unfortunately it didn't really work out, I only made it up to Level 91. :(

I did get to try some of the new weapons and they do seem pretty fun to use. The new Aerospray is alright, I like the Booyah bomb better than the Reefslider but losing a bomb in the sub from the original Aerospray kinda sucks.

Excited for Big Run next weekend as well.

Eyy a Splatoon 3 thread! I'm a huge Splatoon fan, though I admit I've fallen out of the series a bit in the past few years. The love did come back for a while with Splatoon 3's release, but now with Pokemon Scarlet and Violet here (as well as my discovery of Sims 4), I'm not playing it nearly as much as I was before. When I do play though, I like to play with a lot of long ranged weapons. The Tri-Stringer and Heavy Splatling are my mains, but I also try to branch out and play other snipers or longer range shooters like the Jet Squelcher and the Splattershot Pro.

Out of the new weapons they released the other day with the second season, I think my favorite is the Zink Mini Splatling, though I am having a little trouble getting used to using the Big Bubbler. This is the first weapon I've really enjoyed playing with this special, and every time I deploy it I keep thinking it's something I have to throw like a Tacticooler or a Wave Breaker, so I'm never using it in the right place. Still, the weapon is fun. I'm also so happy that Flounder Heights is back. It was my favorite stage from the first game and it feels so good to play on it again. Now I just hope we'll see Bluefin Depot again, though I'm sure I'm one of very few. I'd love to see them bring back Snapper Canal from Splatoon 2 as well.

This is my first Splatoon game and I've just been trying out rollers and dualies since their playstyles are the most fun for me to use. Completely missed last month's splatfest thanks to work lmao, but Big Run will be during my days off which is great.

How did you guys do in Big Run? I think our highest score was only 97 eggs so we ended up with bronze rank.. oof some people went crazy ;_; haha

How did you guys do in Big Run? I think our highest score was only 97 eggs so we ended up with bronze rank.. oof some people went crazy ;_; haha
I think I was bronze level, but close to silver? I didn't play for very long though, only for a couple hours on Saturday evening. My high score was in the 100s, maybe hitting 110 I can't remember.

People went reeeeeally hard this Big Run. Even the best Splatoon 3 player I know didn't get gold...they were still 4 eggs away.

EDIT: Nintendo app says 105 as my high score :) We also got Chungus that round, but we didn't beat him I think.

Looks like Team Sweet won this time. Can't say I'm surprised, especially because of how popular they were, as I never really got any intra-team matches outside of Tricolor and I was almost always paired with Sweet.

I've seen some theories that this Splatfest was directly rigged in favor of Frye winning, but I'm not sure how much of that I buy. :p Regardless, I do hope that they try to create some less "biased" Splatfests in the future. Sweet in general is far more appealing than either Sour or Spicy.

Can't wait for the inevitable Zelda-themed "Power, Wisdom, Courage" Splatfest closer to when Tears of the Kingdom releases.

Looks like Team Sweet won this time. Can't say I'm surprised, especially because of how popular they were, as I never really got any intra-team matches outside of Tricolor and I was almost always paired with Sweet.

I've seen some theories that this Splatfest was directly rigged in favor of Frye winning, but I'm not sure how much of that I buy. :p Regardless, I do hope that they try to create some less "biased" Splatfests in the future. Sweet in general is far more appealing than either Sour or Spicy.
Same boat, haha. (Played for Team Spicy; 99% of my matches were against Sweet.)
I did wonder if they might have deliberately put Frye on the team that was most likely to get the popularity sweep; I would have expected Big Man to be the Sweet supporter and Frye to maybe be Sour or Spicy. LAFF But I'm happy to see her finally get in a victory all the same. :)

Splatoon 3 has been pretty fun so far! There are some things that I like and don't quite like about it, but overall, it feels like a solid followup to 2. I've been pretty engrossed in Anarchy and Salmon Run. I'm a bit sad I wasn't able to finish the Drizzle Season '22 catalog in time and there doesn't seem to be any word from the developers yet on whether (or when) missed rewards will be available again in the future. Chances are they'll return at some point, but I hope the wait won't be terribly long. ;-;

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom