• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Split Ends: Start-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
@Polkadot Jolteon; @Midorikawa; @Leavanny Duo; @xelda57; @Kyouhei; @AlphaMouse; @Blathers; @Wild Candy;

Sandy nodded to another scientist, then lowered the microphone on her headset down to her mouth. "Bring the subjects in."
Within a minute, twenty-six men and women carried in half as many unconscious adolescents and carried them through a decontamination facility into a sterile room, devoid of anything but tables and several mechanical appendages. These workers then left the subjects on the tables. After a few adjustments, the machines whirred to life, injecting them with a sickly green fluid.
There are 13 of them now, but our experiment will certainly yield only a few survivors. Pity.
She wasn't much older than some of them herself, though, and felt a certain sadness in what was about to happen.
No. I can't let sympathy veer my research off course.

The scientists watched as the mutagens took effect. Many expected several to die, but the Merge kept proceeding with all of them.
"Marvelous."
"What a stroke of luck!"
Sandy motioned for the subjects to be removed from the chamber. "Mutagen algorithm Vy-4.01 is a success. Have these subjects placed in the level B7 cell block."
The caretakers hauled the now non-human subjects through the halls of the facility on stretchers and down several stairs until they made it to a stretch of cells, completely empty. Two Merges were placed in each cell, with another getting their own, and then a machine outside the cells roared to life, creating a nullification field in each chamber.
That way, they can't use their new-found abilities to escape, one of the underlings reminded himself.
The entire group left the cell block and headed back upstairs for a break.

Lily groaned. "Wha..? What happened?" She hoisted herself up, then cocked her head slightly upon taking note of her inmate.

Cell distribution:
Anthony and Lily
Laura and Lindsey
Sophia and Zero
Knight and Opal
Ken and Ajax
Mikio
Kiera and Marci

Kiera awoke, not aware of where she was. "H-How in the world am I.... FLOATING?!" she screamed. Her arm and legs had snowflake points, too. A Fraxure Merge awoke ten seconds after she saw she was floating. Marci looked at the Cryogonal Merge awkwardly. "H-How in the.... MY GOD, I HAVE A FRICKIN' TAIL!!!!" she panicked.

Meanwhile, Annah and Leon laughed evilly. "Soon, Leon, more Merges will be made!" she said to her older brother. "Yup." said Leon.

OOC: Leavanny is on.

Knight opened his eyes groggily as he looked around. He was in a cell and across from him was a young girl...well at least he thought she was. Her skin was pink and blue and she had a...tail? His ears perked in surprise. Wait perked? He felt his ears which were pokemon like. He lifted his sleeves to see his skin was differently colored and he looked at the tail he now had and felt the muzzle on his face. What was going on? What had happened to him?

Mikio let out a breath before his eyes jerked open. "Mom! Dad!" He shouted, seeing he was all along in his cell. "GRAHHHHHHHHH!" He roared as he desperately pounded on the walls with his fists to escape, until they started to bleed. Pannting from exhaustion. He wiped the sweat from his brow, brushing his bangs when he realized he pulled out a strand of hair... And it was white.... "What the hell!?" He screamed as he noticed the Pachirisu Tail protruding from his tail bone. His ears wer gon and replace with that of a Pachirisu on top of his head. "Let me out of here!"

Alexander smiled as he saw the merges working. He hoped he'd get to experiment with them soon.

Laura and Lindsey, in cells next to each other, both woke up.
"Ugh..." Lindsey said. She felt something weird. A part of her was touching the wall, but she had never felt that part of her body before. She twisted around and gave a loud shriek. "AAAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!" She had a tail. Lindsey was truly freaked out.
Laura was awoken by the loud scream, bumping her head against the wall. Wait, that wasn't my head... Felling her head, she felt a... a horn?! Laura didn't scream out loud, but she was truly panicking as she saw people who looked like they were part pokemon in cells all around her. Not only that, but they all seemed weirdly... big. Her cell was too big for her, too.

Maxwell poked his head up from behind a nearby table. "You two realize that we do this kind of experiment on a daily basis, right?" He asked Annah and Leon.

Lily turned to Knight, then Mikio. "Um... Hi? Uh, are you okay?"
A few electronic clicks and beeps came from Lily's cellmate, then repeated until they changed into a synthetic voice. "You may want to see yourself." The young man, hidden in shadows, pointed to Lily.

Kiera saw a strange Arcanine Merge. And she saw that an icy chain protruded from her mouth.

Marci looked around and saw the Arcanine Merge too. She found out she had tusks grown from her mouth. "Wh-Where are we?" she asked the Cryogonal Merge. "I'm Marci." she continued. "M-My name is Kiera." said the Cryogonal Merge. "What happened to us?!"

Annah had gone to search for Sandy.

"What's going on?!" Lindsey yelled.
"L-Lindsey?! Is that you?" Laura asked. Lindsey didn't hear her, so she repeated it in a yell.
"Laura...? Where are you? Why is your yelling so quiet? Wh-what's going on?! Help!"

OOC: I thought Mikio was in a Cell by himself...

OOC: Whoops. Oh, and the cells have bars, so...

Lily faced downwards. "Huh. So, this happened. An egg, a little extra weight? Well, that doesn't seem like too much."
Anthony stepped out of the shadows. "Especially when compared to me."

Mikio sighed before replying to Lily. "Yeah... Just a little shaken... Thank you..."

"Yes," Alexander replied. "I can't wait to begin running tests." He said, helping Maxwell up and bringing up the table as well.

Laura finally realized that she was a lot smaller than normal. "I'm... r-really small..." She said. She gripped her grey dress tightly, but she could feel it and she winced. Is this... part of my skin?

Kiera turned to the Arcanine Merge. "Hey, Arcanine-Human crossbreed! Who in the world are you?!" she said.

Maxwell grinned. "Mouthing off to your superior, I see... One word, and I can get you to be the next subject!"

Lily shrugged. What's going on?

Alex sighed as he propped up the table.

Laura began panicking. She began floating, causing her to panic even more and hurt herself by ramming into the walls, screaming all the while.
Lindsey saw her. "Laura! Calm down! Hey, you can float!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom