• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation *SPOILER ALERT!* The Hoopa Connection...

Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
Reaction score
As some of you might already know, the Demo of ORAS has been hacked, giving us info that Hoopa seems to have a new form of sorts. Also, some of the people seem to think that the portals seen in, as well as the mirage spots mentioned in, the soaring feature with Mega Lati@s has something to do with Hoopa as well. So, does anyone else think that the Eon Duo and the mirage spots, will have some kind of lore attached to Hoopa? Are these locations and Pokémon also connected to Mirage Island somehow?

If you think that Hoopa's got nothing to do with any of these, then what do you think will be the story behind its new forme?

Well, all of us saw these rings around the dimensional portals. You can hear them screaming "HOOPA".

I doubt the Eon duo are really connected to Hoopa--they're just a way to find Mirage spots.

Hoopa itself though, is a means for Game Freak to explain all the spatially (and potentially temporally*) displaced legendaries. I've speculated that Mirage Islands may also be Hoopa's doing but it doesn't really explain why it appears and disappears.

*I say temporally because we know regular Hoopa can control hyper space to transport incredibly large objects with its rings. The issue is that we also have dragons that are supposed to be sleeping in stone appearing, as well as Pokemon that are supposed to be hidden in their own dimensions. I'm guessing the new form has better control of hyperspace and can also traverse time and across dimensions.

As some of you might already know, the Demo of ORAS has been hacked, giving us info that Hoopa seems to have a new form of sorts. Also, some of the people seem to think that the portals seen in, as well as the mirage spots mentioned in, the soaring feature with Mega Lati@s has something to do with Hoopa as well. So, does anyone else think that the Eon Duo and the mirage spots, will have some kind of lore attached to Hoopa? Are these locations and Pokémon also connected to Mirage Island somehow?

If you think that Hoopa's got nothing to do with any of these, then what do you think will be the story behind its new forme?

QQ, what is hoopa? haven't really been following.

An officially unrevealed pokémon. Discovered months ago through hacking on a Pokémon X/Y savegame. (Diancie, both event patterns Vivillon, Mega Latias and Mega Latios were discovered that way, along another legendary called Volcanion, and a special "Eternal Flower" form of Floette).

Back to Hoopa, this pokémon is said to have the ability of creating black holes and dimensional portals. I don't know if you saw Coro Coro leaks, but it's confirmed that old mascot Legendary pokémon are appearing in OR/AS, through kind of dimensional portals surrounded by golden rings. And Hoopa's design actually ports several golden rings, so it's not hard to make a link.

And then, by hacking the OR/AS demo it was discovered that Hoopa gets another, more powerful (and kinda creepy) form.

It's a load of hoopla.

I'm quite interested in Hoopa's potential involvement with ORAS.

Though I think what's the more important question is: why continue to hide its existence (or any event legends for that matter)? It seems like GF are forgetting that the gans WILL hack in and find every last spec of information we can.

Though I think what's the more important question is: why continue to hide its existence (or any event legends for that matter)? It seems like GF are forgetting that the gans WILL hack in and find every last spec of information we can.

GF definitely knows that we'll find out what the unreleased legends are, but what are they supposed to do, say 'yeah you guys are right here's all the event legends, let's forget all our plans about revealing them for their specific movies/games and just tell everyone about them including those who don't know!'? How hoopa is to be dealt with in ORAS remains to be seen, but expecting Nintendo to commit marketing suicide because people found out stuff they shouldn't have is a tad unreasonable :p

GF definitely knows that we'll find out what the unreleased legends are, but what are they supposed to do, say 'yeah you guys are right here's all the event legends, let's forget all our plans about revealing them for their specific movies/games and just tell everyone about them including those who don't know!'? How hoopa is to be dealt with in ORAS remains to be seen, but expecting Nintendo to commit marketing suicide because people found out stuff they shouldn't have is a tad unreasonable :p

Well they could just accept that there's no point hiding them and just reveal them with all other new pokemon in a generation. Everyone knows there's at least 1 "mythical" pokemon added per gen and everyone knows they release them by event only, and that they don't count for the pokedex. They should cut the secrecy already, it's just silly.

And it's not marketing suicide either. It's just a matter of saying "We're releasing the mythical pokemon [XYZ]" instead of "Hey there's a new pokemon called [XYZ] even though everyone's known about it for almost a year!"

I can't believe I didn't see that. Hah. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Well they could just accept that there's no point hiding them and just reveal them with all other new pokemon in a generation. Everyone knows there's at least 1 "mythical" pokemon added per gen and everyone knows they release them by event only, and that they don't count for the pokedex. They should cut the secrecy already, it's just silly.

And it's not marketing suicide either. It's just a matter of saying "We're releasing the mythical pokemon [XYZ]" instead of "Hey there's a new pokemon called [XYZ] even though everyone's known about it for almost a year!"

There is a point in hiding them. Why reveal the legends if they're not gonna be available until much later? The problem is by that logic last year november you're saying GF should've just revealed Mega Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Mega Lati@s, AZ's floette and anything else they may have had hidden. Event legends exist to help promote new games/movies and extend a generation or at least help with the gaps between games. They'll reveal whatever event legend when they're needed, like how Diancie was revealed for the XY1 movie. Revealing it back in November just because they were discovered makes no sense. And also, why reveal hoopa if they don't plan on using it till the next movie in july? Be patient, they'll reveal em when they're is a need to, at the moment it makes no sense. AA company doesn't just spill the beans on all of its secrets because people hacked their games and found them ahead of time.

So do we think that Hoopa will be important for the story of ORAS? Because then we have four story-important legends in that game, Hoopa, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. ANd if Hoopa is story important it can hardly be given away at an event.

So do we think that Hoopa will be important for the story of ORAS? Because then we have four story-important legends in that game, Hoopa, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. ANd if Hoopa is story important it can hardly be given away at an event.

They can have both actully. Hoopa could be slyly referenced in the games, but it's only after you receive it in an event that everything is explained or you go and catch hoopa if they decide to do proper events.

Well they could just accept that there's no point hiding them and just reveal them with all other new pokemon in a generation.

Or you can accept that they know and don't care, and will continue to use unobtainable Pokemon to keep the games relevant every year with their release.

They can have both actully. Hoopa could be slyly referenced in the games, but it's only after you receive it in an event that everything is explained or you go and catch hoopa if they decide to do proper events.

A case for this is Darkrai and Cresselia. Eldtritch's son referenced Darkrai, when he was mysteriously put in a nightmare filled unending sleep, and requires you to get Cresselia's Lunar Wing to wake him up.

Last edited:
Hoopa's shadow (his normal form) can also be seen hovering behind the portals in that legendary shot in CoroCoro. Suspicious much?

There's a Hoopa event in X/Y's coding (Parfum Palace Library), same with Volcanion (Lumiose Press Editor) and Diancie (Any random Poké Center). Chances are all three will have their events start in Kalos, then end in Hoenn. So while Hoopa could be referenced in OR/AS, you wouldn't get its full story until after you transfer it in there from Kalos. Same with how you only get Mega Diancie if you transfer Diancie to Hoenn.

I definitely think that Hoopa distorts time and space (Sinnoh confirmed!) to transfer all the legends to Hoenn. It might even access alternate timelines, seeing as how N releases both dragons in B2/W2, but only one depending on which game you play. Other than that, both Zekrom and Reshiram are owned at all times in B/W. And to explain why Nate/Rosa can still catch them... Brendan/May could release Z/R back into the wild and ask Hoopa to send them back where they came from.

As for why Mirage Island dis/appears? Hoopa makes it disappear whenever it is there, and whenever it leaves to go around the world warping stuff, Mirage Island appears. Simple.

Or you can accept that they know and don't care, and will continue to use unobtainable Pokemon to keep the games relevant every year with their release.

A case for this is Darkrai and Cresselia. Eldtritch's son referenced Darkrai, when he was mysteriously put in a nightmare filled unending sleep, and requires you to get Cresselia's Lunar Wing to wake him up.

The good ol' times where the distributions were items to trigger an event instead of the Pokémon itself. Victini was the last pokémon obtainable this way and I miss it. Besides I liked having the Pokémon with my own OT.

Hoopa's shadow (his normal form) can also be seen hovering behind the portals in that legendary shot in CoroCoro. Suspicious much?

You mean this?

hoopa_corocoro.jpg

The good ol' times where the distributions were items to trigger an event instead of the Pokémon itself. Victini was the last pokémon obtainable this way and I miss it. Besides I liked having the Pokémon with my own OT.

Indeed. Victini actually took it a step further by adding plot integration and some trainer battles beforehand. What do we get for Volcanion and Diancie (presumably hoopa too, not checked)? A few lines of dialogue from some NPCs after receiving it as a mystery gift.

I find it weird that Game Freak's awareness of hacking seems limited to an excuse not to make in-game events (Azure flute) or Pokebank.

Indeed. Victini actually took it a step further by adding plot integration and some trainer battles beforehand. What do we get for Volcanion and Diancie (presumably hoopa too, not checked)? A few lines of dialogue from some NPCs after receiving it as a mystery gift.

I find it weird that Game Freak's awareness of hacking seems limited to an excuse not to make in-game events (Azure flute) or Pokebank.

Azure Flute was deemed "too difficult for players to figure out". And just because they do nothing in XY doesn't mean they won't have an event in ORAS. Diancie for example, needs to be transferred to activate an event where you get the "Diancite".

As do I. The least they could do is have the stranger that gives you the event Legendary seem frantic and run away afterwards. Then, you'd have to deal with crooks that are after said event legend, and force you to use said-mythical Pokémon against them! not only would that address the weirdness of just simply handing the player a powerful beast, but it would also make for some very interesting events and give those legends purpose beyond just mere collector's-items.

Heck, Diancie kind had that treatment, but you didn't get to battle those people due to their boss stepping in.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom