• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation *SPOILER ALERT!* The Hoopa Connection...

Or you can accept that they know and don't care, and will continue to use unobtainable Pokemon to keep the games relevant every year with their release.

So do we think that Hoopa will be important for the story of ORAS? Because then we have four story-important legends in that game, Hoopa, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. ANd if Hoopa is story important it can hardly be given away at an event.

They can have both actully. Hoopa could be slyly referenced in the games, but it's only after you receive it in an event that everything is explained or you go and catch hoopa if they decide to do proper events.

A case for this is Darkrai and Cresselia. Eldtritch's son referenced Darkrai, when he was mysteriously put in a nightmare filled unending sleep, and requires you to get Cresselia's Lunar Wing to wake him up.

The good ol' times where the distributions were items to trigger an event instead of the Pokémon itself. Victini was the last pokémon obtainable this way and I miss it. Besides I liked having the Pokémon with my own OT.

Hoopa's shadow (his normal form) can also be seen hovering behind the portals in that legendary shot in CoroCoro. Suspicious much?

You mean this?

hoopa_corocoro.jpg

I would just like to point out that while I DO believe this legendary stuff is brought on by Hoopa, that shadow is created by the edge of Reshiram's tail and the crease in the magazine. The full artwork of this proves that.

Do you guys think any of this will be considered canon outside this entry?

I don't really think most legends are ever canonically seen as captured by any of the protagonists, aside from Red as he's completed the kanto pokedex, the BW1 protagonist and Zekrom/Reshiram (not sure how they'll resolve that one) and XYs protagonist with you having to catch Xereas/Yveltal (though this may get retconned out in the next kalos game). The rest are all kinda left ambigous, and it's not always clear whether or not there's more than one of each legend. But yeah the majority of legends aren't canonically caught and instead seem to wander from region to region.

spoilers, dont read if you dont want to be spoiled
I dont want to be a spoiler but Hoopa gets a form change in OR/AS that is not a mega and a new move Hyperspace Furry

I don't really think most legends are ever canonically seen as captured by any of the protagonists, aside from Red as he's completed the kanto pokedex, the BW1 protagonist and Zekrom/Reshiram (not sure how they'll resolve that one) and XYs protagonist with you having to catch Xereas/Yveltal (though this may get retconned out in the next kalos game). The rest are all kinda left ambigous, and it's not always clear whether or not there's more than one of each legend. But yeah the majority of legends aren't canonically caught and instead seem to wander from region to region.

I've always thought that all legends are canonically caught, but later released by the player characters due to honor or some such nonsense. As for Reshiram and Zekrom being in Hoenn when canonically they should be in their Stone forms in Unova, I think Hoopa can make portals that transcend time and space, similar to Celebi's time travel as Celebi can appear in any location at any time period. In fact this explanation could work for all the "misplaced" legends in Hoenn. Reshi and Zekro could've been abducted by Hoopa after N has released them in B2/W2, then after they've been in Brendan/May's possession for a time, B/M asks Hoopa to send Reshi/Zekro back to where they came from, conveniently ending up at Dragonspiral Tower just before Nate/Rosa arrives there. This also suggests that Hoopa can access the "alternate universes" that the "other version" (Green/Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Pearl, White, White 2, Y, etc.) and third versions (Blue/Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) make up. It's kind of going into some metaphysical and quantum physical ish.

As some of you might already know, the Demo of ORAS has been hacked, giving us info that Hoopa seems to have a new form of sorts. Also, some of the people seem to think that the portals seen in, as well as the mirage spots mentioned in, the soaring feature with Mega Lati@s has something to do with Hoopa as well. So, does anyone else think that the Eon Duo and the mirage spots, will have some kind of lore attached to Hoopa? Are these locations and Pokémon also connected to Mirage Island somehow?

If you think that Hoopa's got nothing to do with any of these, then what do you think will be the story behind its new forme?

Is there a mention that the Mirage has something to do with Hoopa? Basically, the "official" released information is that the Mirage is connected with the Legends of previous Gen, not Hoopa.

Is there a mention that the Mirage has something to do with Hoopa? Basically, the "official" released information is that the Mirage is connected with the Legends of previous Gen, not Hoopa.

You mean aside from the rings connection? No, there's nothing confirming that an unreleased event Pokémon is related to Mirage Spots.

mirage_spot_legendaries_art.png

oct_p15_08_saa.jpg

hoopa.png

Its mysterious rings: “It’s said that Hoopa can use the power of the three rings it adorns itself with to move objects about as it pleases… That’s not all! I’ve also heard that when Hoopa unleashes its full power, the size of the rings can grow up to multiple miles in length! With such massive rings, apparently it can transport even entire islands!”

You mean aside from the rings connection? No, there's nothing confirming that an unreleased event Pokémon is related to Mirage Spots.

mirage_spot_legendaries_art.png

oct_p15_08_saa.jpg

hoopa.png

Its mysterious rings: “It’s said that Hoopa can use the power of the three rings it adorns itself with to move objects about as it pleases… That’s not all! I’ve also heard that when Hoopa unleashes its full power, the size of the rings can grow up to multiple miles in length! With such massive rings, apparently it can transport even entire islands!”

Exactly..thanks for that.

Actually, if one looks under/behind Reshiram's tail and foot in the portal it comes out of, a dark spot is shaped like Hoopa. See?
Screenshot 2014-10-28 at 5.17.55 PM.png Screenshot 2014-10-28 at 5.17.55 PM.png

Anyone else think Hoopa Confined is adorably cute and mischievous, but Hoopa Unbound is the scariest-ass Pokemon ever designed? Seriously It looks like it was designed not to be a 'cute pocket monster' and more INDUCER OF HORRIBLE NIGHTMARES!!

The truly remarkable part is Confined is superseded by Unbound. Confined has a unique typing that unfortunately leaves is 4x weak to ghost & dark, and can't use one of its signature moves. Unbound has higher BST, higher attack with which to use Hyperspace Fury (as well as Sp.At. to use Hyperspace Hole if it is taught before changing formes), and of its weaknesses only one is 4x (to the underused bug). Confined got screwed over.

If Hoopa is teleporting Pokemon across dimensions, Giratina is going to maul it

Giratina rules the Distortion world, a baffled alter-dimensional counterpart to the pre-ORAS Pokemon world.

After the events of the Delta Episode where Zinnia mentions the existence of multiple realities, like the "other world" Hoenn, I propose that Hoopa, while being native to the ORAS/XY reality, can create gateways to other realities. Being a creature that can jump between these realities, it's why Hoopa's rings can contain Legendaries from Gens 5 and earlier (Gen 6 being omitted due to being in the same universe and already encountered in XY).

I propose that there exist multiple realities of the Pokemon world. One containing the First-named games of duos (Red/Blue, with Red being the first mentioned, belongs to reality one), one with second-named (Blue, Silver, Sapphire, etc), one for third installments, and one for each First and Second-named remake, all converging on two prime realities of Generation 6.

My ideas behind this boil down to the fact that the different versions are DIFFERENT from each other, the Pokemon worlds are slightly different for each reality. One only has to realize that First-named versions have different pokemon available on the same route as in the other versions, and third installments have slightly different outcomes. A multi-verse theory explains this. Hoopa (Both of them, x/OR Hoopa and y/AS Hoopa) can freely travel between these realities, leading to why you can capture Palkia if he is uncatchable in the reality you play within: it's the Palkia from the other reality.

I know this sounds crazy, and I'm not good at formulating thoughts in english, so I made a picture, of sorts:

Please understand that this is an INCREDIBLY terrible flowchart, not in chronological order, but rather the order of game release, for simplicity. I didn't have the time to inter-connect several dozen lines that I would be required to do were I to put things in Chronological order.

After the events of the Delta Episode where Zinnia mentions the existence of multiple realities, like the "other world" Hoenn, I propose that Hoopa, while being native to the ORAS/XY reality, can create gateways to other realities. Being a creature that can jump between these realities, it's why Hoopa's rings can contain Legendaries from Gens 5 and earlier (Gen 6 being omitted due to being in the same universe and already encountered in XY).

I propose that there exist multiple realities of the Pokemon world. One containing the First-named games of duos (Red/Blue, with Red being the first mentioned, belongs to reality one), one with second-named (Blue, Silver, Sapphire, etc), one for third installments, and one for each First and Second-named remake, all converging on two prime realities of Generation 6.

My ideas behind this boil down to the fact that the different versions are DIFFERENT from each other, the Pokemon worlds are slightly different for each reality. One only has to realize that First-named versions have different pokemon available on the same route as in the other versions, and third installments have slightly different outcomes. A multi-verse theory explains this. Hoopa (Both of them, x/OR Hoopa and y/AS Hoopa) can freely travel between these realities, leading to why you can capture Palkia if he is uncatchable in the reality you play within: it's the Palkia from the other reality.

I know this sounds crazy, and I'm not good at formulating thoughts in english, so I made a picture, of sorts:

Please understand that this is an INCREDIBLY terrible flowchart, not in chronological order, but rather the order of game release, for simplicity. I didn't have the time to inter-connect several dozen lines that I would be required to do were I to put things in Chronological order.

If they don't make the idea of alternate realities as a central plot for a future main series game, I think that I'm actually going to be disappointed. My only question is would they be willing to make Hoopa a non-event 'mon like they did with Deoxys to play a major role in the main plot? Or would they find another way to make travel between realities possible?

There is no reason to assume that the Unova games are part of "Reality Prime", as Mega Evolution doesn't exist in those games.

There is no reason to assume that the Unova games are part of "Reality Prime", as Mega Evolution doesn't exist in those games.

I was kind of thinking this too. Wouldn't Gen 5 belong to Realities 1 and 2? I distinctly remember a Plasma Grunt making a reference to Team Galactic and Team Rocket of how their plans weren't as "successful" as Plasma's(he's one of the Grunts in N's Castle in B/W).

I distinctly remember a Plasma Grunt making a reference to Team Galactic and Team Rocket of how their plans weren't as "successful" as Plasma's(he's one of the Grunts in N's Castle in B/W).
All games reference their predecessors, and the characters should exist in all the realities. The only essential difference between the universes is Mega Evolution, which doesn't exist in Generation V.

Like I said, I threw this together in five or so minutes. It's not perfect, but it illustrates, in a way, my train of thought. I only lumped Gen 5 in there because there's no Third-version/remake equivalent yet. But, assuming Game Freak proceeds as expected with rereleases, one could assume that in some reality, a Gen 5 exists WITH mega evolutions.

I imagine that there is a Mega-Evolution reality for Gen 5, as well as 1, 2, and 4. We just don't have the games for them.

I doubt the Eon duo are really connected to Hoopa--they're just a way to find Mirage spots.

Hoopa itself though, is a means for Game Freak to explain all the spatially (and potentially temporally*) displaced legendaries. I've speculated that Mirage Islands may also be Hoopa's doing but it doesn't really explain why it appears and disappears.

*I say temporally because we know regular Hoopa can control hyper space to transport incredibly large objects with its rings. The issue is that we also have dragons that are supposed to be sleeping in stone appearing, as well as Pokemon that are supposed to be hidden in their own dimensions. I'm guessing the new form has better control of hyperspace and can also traverse time and across dimensions.

They're (probably) not the same ones as those that appear in Black and White.

There are most definitely more than one Legendary per universe for some species. I made a thread on SPPf once that explained how we could determine that. I wrote it before Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were released, though, so I think I ought to revise it and post it here. I was worried for a while about bothering people here with lunatic theories that no one cares to hear, but I'll probably post it anyways.

I've always thought that all legends are canonically caught, but later released by the player characters due to honor or some such nonsense. As for Reshiram and Zekrom being in Hoenn when canonically they should be in their Stone forms in Unova, I think Hoopa can make portals that transcend time and space, similar to Celebi's time travel as Celebi can appear in any location at any time period. In fact this explanation could work for all the "misplaced" legends in Hoenn. Reshi and Zekro could've been abducted by Hoopa after N has released them in B2/W2, then after they've been in Brendan/May's possession for a time, B/M asks Hoopa to send Reshi/Zekro back to where they came from, conveniently ending up at Dragonspiral Tower just before Nate/Rosa arrives there. This also suggests that Hoopa can access the "alternate universes" that the "other version" (Green/Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Pearl, White, White 2, Y, etc.) and third versions (Blue/Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) make up. It's kind of going into some metaphysical and quantum physical ish.

Better questions lie in whether or not Xerneas exists in the Gens III-V universe, or if there's more than one Yveltal.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom