• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] All Pokémon Available in Alola Dex plus Forms

The regional dex feels quite disappointing, I don't know what it is exactly, but it just feels boring for such a lively, bright, tropical region? This is just in terms of the older Pokemon anyway, the new ones in the Alola dex are ofc interesting. :p

Though it is nice to see Lumineon and Parasect be given some attention. Especially Parasect.

I kind of wish they distributed the dex more evenly, about the same amount of pokemon from each generation (gens 1-6) be present in the regional dex. So maybe around 60-70 from each. Also, I find it really strange that there are more Kanto Pokemon then there are Alola Pokemon, but I can't say i'm surprised lol

I kind of wish they distributed the dex more evenly, about the same amount of pokemon from each generation (gens 1-6) be present in the regional dex. So maybe around 60-70 from each. Also, I find it really strange that there are more Kanto Pokemon then there are Alola Pokemon, but I can't say i'm surprised lol
though the flip-side of that would be the issue (or maybe not an issue, i suppose) of proportions? i mean, 60-70 would mean virtually every Kalosian Pokemon would be included but it would be less than half of Kanto, Unova, and (almost) Hoenn. i get what people are trying to say, but i also feel like it's easier said than done.

that being said, the Alolan Dex is actually proportionally less-Kantoan than Kalos's (21% vs 25%) and is in line with Gens 2-4 (~21-22%).

though the flip-side of that would be the issue (or maybe not an issue, i suppose) of proportions? i mean, 60-70 would mean virtually every Kalosian Pokemon would be included but it would be less than half of Kanto, Unova, and (almost) Hoenn. i get what people are trying to say, but i also feel like it's easier said than done.

that being said, the Alolan Dex is actually proportionally less-Kantoan than Kalos's (21% vs 25%) and is in line with Gens 2-4 (~21-22%).
That's true, I didn't think of it that in. I guess I just wish they had a bit less Kanto Pokemon and more Pokemon from Gens 4, 5, and 6 in the regional dex.

Is there any particular reason why we needed five different Fossil Pokémon? Unless the implication is that they never went extinct here and can be found in the wild, but from a worldbuilding perspective, that'd be a gobsmacker of a retcon.

Also, SIX pseudo-Legendary lines!? I'm generally opposed to using pseudo-Legendary Pokémon (due to a number of factors), so to me, this is a significant flaw in the Dex that wastes a lot of slots. And excluding Jangmo-o for obvious reasons, none of them even have Alola Forms.

Aside from those two gripes, it's a pretty decent arrangement.

Last edited:
Again no Glameow. Is that poor cat destined to be forgotten forever? :(

Also pretty annoyed almost the whole Kanto dex is present, while the rest of the gens only get half that amount :/ And like Esserise mentioned, it was pretty unnecessary to add 6 pseudsos.

Not too unhappy with the whole thing though, there's a lot of my favs in there and also a lot of mons I've never used, so enough to enjoy multple playthroughs with. But it would've been more fun if there were more mons we haven't seen during the main game for a while (like Glameow) and less mons we see almost every gen (like Riolu :/).

Not really feeling this lineup to be honest. Maybe the 450 Kalos dex spoiled me but I was hoping for something similar.

Most of the old Pokemon on this list that I feel interested in using are either grass, flying or water type....and those are three types I'm pretty sure I'll have covered with new Pokemon. Ghost and Fairy are another two with some interesting old Pokemon, but they're probably out the window if I go with Mimikyu.

Arcanine or Probopass could be interesting....and they don't seem like Pokemon that are likely to overlap with new Pokemon I want to use. I think I'll probably use a brand new team of Pokemon if I can though, overall I really like the new Pokemon we got.

I guess in the end you only need 6 Pokemon to make up your team. :p

Again no Glameow. Is that poor cat destined to be forgotten forever? :(

Also pretty annoyed almost the whole Kanto dex is present, while the rest of the gens only get half that amount :/ And like Esserise mentioned, it was pretty unnecessary to add 6 pseudsos.

Not too unhappy with the whole thing though, there's a lot of my favs in there and also a lot of mons I've never used, so enough to enjoy multple playthroughs with. But it would've been more fun if there were more mons we haven't seen during the main game for a while (like Glameow) and less mons we see almost every gen (like Riolu :/).
In addition to pokemon like Glameow, I was really hoping Shinx would be in the dex, since we haven't been regularly available in the wild since DPP.

i wonder if the fossils are post game.
i hope not all the fossils are that way. though small chance, hopefully the regional dex has some hidden 'mons

Kalos also had six, all of them barring Metagross! it's probably for competitive purposes until Bank can get people on their way to rebreeding (i imagine a clover rule will be in place like with Gen VI's pentagon).

That's a good point. I suppose I didn't notice it with XY because the Dex was humongous.

Actually, have 6 pseudo-legendaries is a good thing in my opinion. They are pretty decent battle type pokemon and great to have in a team.

I feel like this region would have made more sense to have around 150 original mon like gen 1 and 5. It makes perfect sense as an anniversary game and as a region that has already had references to divergent evolution. It could even have a ton of weirdo pokemon that have an alien feel to them almost. Kinda like the UB's but still animal like, like that water spider. Or if anybodies ever heard of these games called Telefang? Something weird like that would have been cool. Not that I don't like the new pokemon we have. The mon this gen are probably some of the best I've seen in one region.

I'm reserving judgment for now on this...it seems as though GF are attempting to incorporate old Pokemon into the lore and feel of Alola and I think it may still work. Just looking at this list doesn't show us that added flavor. If there is a point in this game where we steep out onto a beach and see a bunch of slowpoke fishing with their tails, or a bunch of manky swinging around from vines then I will have no complaints.

Kalos did an OK job at this but a lot of times it just seemed like Pokemon where there when there was no real reason for them to be in that area other than dex distribution.

Back
Top Bottom