• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] All Pokémon Available in Alola Dex plus Forms

The regional dex feels quite disappointing, I don't know what it is exactly, but it just feels boring for such a lively, bright, tropical region? This is just in terms of the older Pokemon anyway

Oh, for sure. Given the tropical nature of Alola and its major feature (or at least Hawaii's), volcanoes, I expected to see more Pokemon like:
-Numel/Camerupt
-Slugma/Magcargo
-Tropius
-Heatmor
-Chatot
-Krabby/Kingler
-Clamperl/Huntail/Gorebyss
-Mantyke/Mantine
-Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
-Skrelp/Dragalge
-AND OH YEAH, BELLOSSOM! THE HULA DANCER WHO EVOLVED WITH A SUN STONE (Oddish line)

Just some highlights I thought would fit really well that they left out. Really odd picks for the Pokedex. Little bland on overall choices given the region.

My biggest issue with the Alola dex, is it doesn't even put in the Hitmon line, which is a line last in a Regional dex in HGSS! Jesus, 87 Kanto mon and no Hitmons?!

Oh, for sure. Given the tropical nature of Alola and its major feature (or at least Hawaii's), volcanoes, I expected to see more Pokemon like:
-Numel/Camerupt
-Slugma/Magcargo
-Tropius
-Heatmor
-Chatot
-Krabby/Kingler
-Mantyke/Mantine
-Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
-Skrelp/Dragalge
-AND OH YEAH, BELLOSSOM! THE HULA DANCER WHO EVOLVED WITH A SUN STONE (Oddish line)

Just some highlights I thought would fit really well that they left out. Really odd picks for the Pokedex. Little bland on overall choices given the region.
Wow, yeah... I thought that Bellossom would be a sure thing. I guess it's just a wannabe hula dancer? Also, there's not even a hula-dancing replacement, so I suppose Johto invented Hula in the Pokémon universe.

Numal and Slugma are also dumb choices to leave out and I also thought they'd be in Alola.

As for the rest, I'm OK with them being left out. After all, we do get SOME tropical fish, like Luvdisc, Alomomola (I'm almost surprised they didn't leave it out due to stupidity), Staryu and Finneon.

Last edited:
-Numel/Camerupt
-Slugma/Magcargo
-Tropius
-Heatmor
-Chatot
-Krabby/Kingler
-Mantyke/Mantine
-Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
-Skrelp/Dragalge

Oh yeah, AND LUNATONE AND SOLROCK TOO XD

This might not even be the full dex though. From what I've seen and know, only pics have been seen but that's it. Everything else is black out.

This could have been GF's way of saying; "Here's a preview but that's alllllll your getting." So kinda have my doubts of this being the entire dex.

I hope you're right, and that there's still more Pokemon both old and new. But I kinda doubt it.

I'm curious, say this is the actual list of Pokemon catchable in the game, if I were to say catch a Victreebell for example in another game, will that be transferable to this game? At what point can I use it?

I'm curious, say this is the actual list of Pokemon catchable in the game, if I were to say catch a Victreebell for example in another game, will that be transferable to this game? At what point can I use it?

Yes, whenever Pokémon Bank updates in January 2017

In that case it's not massively important which Pokemon are available is it? Or am I missing something?

Given that there are about two months in between the release of the games and the Bank update, it is important, because the Pokémon in the regional Pokédex are the only ones anybody will have access to while they're actually going through the game. Excepting replayers, most people will only be able to use Pokémon that are not in this Dex after they have already beaten the game, and likely finished the post-game as well.

This might not even be the full dex though. From what I've seen and know, only pics have been seen but that's it. Everything else is black out.

This could have been GF's way of saying; "Here's a preview but that's alllllll your getting." So kinda have my doubts of this being the entire dex.

I'm with you. It seems incomplete to me. I suspect that GF, knowing that the datamine would take place, may have scrubbed some other stuff along with things like BST, moves, types, etc, like a handful of missing Mons. While I tend to follow the mentality of "work with what you've got", I do feel that this dex feels a bit incomplete. I'm hoping that's the case and GF is actually doing something rather clever, giving us some, if not most, of the info but hiding the rest. I don't expect it to be a huge amount, but I suspect (and hope) that there are still a few hidden secrets in the dex.

...Of course I could be completely overestimating GF and they just simply screwed up again. But I'm hoping that there is still some missing bits we haven't seen yet.

Keep the fan-based forums busy, keep the speculation high, and keep the fans begging for any more info. They did scrub all the real meat in the data, that "meat" being the BST, types, names, and attacks, while leaving possibly most of the Pokemon sprites, TMs, items, and other stuff like that for dataminers to harvest. After all, in the ORAS demo datamining, we got EVERYTHING, ranging from types, forms, M-Evos, certain characters, in-game teams, attacks, BST, and more. But this time we just got some Pokemon sprites, TMs, list of items, and so on, but nothing else. So it's possible that they did learn and gave us something to keep us busy while they surprise us with other details we didn't know about. So it's not out of the realm of possibility. A long-shot, yes, but better a long-shot than no shot at all, so there may still be other bits of info that are still out there and we, the fans, want to know if it's true or not. After all, if they didn't want the datamining to happen, they wouldn't have released the demo at all, so possibly this time they left some info but not all of it, just to keep the fans speculating (and in some cases, arguing), while craving to know if what we mined is the whole truth or is there more that they took out. After all, everything is up for speculation, is it not? We may have a lot of data that we got, but that doesn't mean it's all of it. So it's still possible.

Keep the fan-based forums busy, keep the speculation high, and keep the fans begging for any more info. They did scrub all the real meat in the data, that "meat" being the BST, types, names, and attacks, while leaving possibly most of the Pokemon sprites, TMs, items, and other stuff like that for dataminers to harvest. After all, in the ORAS demo datamining, we got EVERYTHING, ranging from types, forms, M-Evos, certain characters, in-game teams, attacks, BST, and more. But this time we just got some Pokemon sprites, TMs, list of items, and so on, but nothing else. So it's possible that they did learn and gave us something to keep us busy while they surprise us with other details we didn't know about. So it's not out of the realm of possibility. A long-shot, yes, but better a long-shot than no shot at all, so there may still be other bits of info that are still out there and we, the fans, want to know if it's true or not. After all, if they didn't want the datamining to happen, they wouldn't have released the demo at all, so possibly this time they left some info but not all of it, just to keep the fans speculating (and in some cases, arguing), while craving to know if what we mined is the whole truth or is there more that they took out. After all, everything is up for speculation, is it not? We may have a lot of data that we got, but that doesn't mean it's all of it. So it's still possible.

And, make us believe that we already have everything, so the surprise is bigger.

Keep the fan-based forums busy, keep the speculation high, and keep the fans begging for any more info.
the demo would've just been released. they wouldn't have needed to leave anything pertaining to the actual game in the demo and people would've been talking.
They did scrub all the real meat in the data, that "meat" being the BST, types, names, and attacks, while leaving possibly most of the Pokemon sprites, TMs, items, and other stuff like that for dataminers to harvest. After all, in the ORAS demo datamining, we got EVERYTHING, ranging from types, forms, M-Evos, certain characters, in-game teams, attacks, BST, and more. But this time we just got some Pokemon sprites, TMs, list of items, and so on, but nothing else.
which in comparison to the ORAS datamine, we've gotten virtually nothing.
So it's possible that they did learn and gave us something to keep us busy while they surprise us with other details we didn't know about. So it's not out of the realm of possibility.
they did learn, just not well enough.
After all, if they didn't want the datamining to happen, they wouldn't have released the demo at all,
that's kind of faulty reasoning, because it's clear they didn't want datamining happening anyways since they scrubbed really relevant information (ie., trainer info, dialogue, BSTs, names, etc). and i mean the issue with the thinking that they've hidden away some secrets through scrubbing of a select sprites is that they clearly would've had the capability to do so and with a clear intent on stopping datamining (since they've already scrubbed other information like BST), there'd be no reason to leave in other major "core" reveals like starters3, UBs, Tapus, etc. the line of thinking would be more sound if things like starters3, UBs, and so on weren't present because then it would indicate that there were clearly Pokemons targeted to be scrubbed out. but given that there are major reveals un-scrubbed and that GameFreak/Nintendo demonstrated a clear hiding content in the demo, the most rational conclusion is simply that they flubbed up again.

In that case it's not massively important which Pokemon are available is it? Or am I missing something?

In addition to what Esserise said: some people (like me) don't like using Pokémon transferred from other games during the main story, they want to catch the Pokémon in the game itself. Next to personal preference, a Pokémon from another game would also not listen to you if it reaches a certain level (datamine confirms this to still be the case) which can be annoying.

everyone complained about generation 5 becuse the new pokemon were not so seperate from past generation , now that we got so many new abilities and moves people seem to want more new pokes and less older ones in this gen...
there will always be complaints... be happy they give you more then less. If they would make a new generation like gen 3 and 5 with less older pokes and only with new ones would you be more happy? now we got megas and many things that i dont imagine not leting someone catch a Gengar...

Back
Top Bottom