• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] All Pokémon Available in Alola Dex plus Forms

everyone complained about generation 5 becuse the new pokemon were not so seperate from past generation , now that we got so many new abilities and moves people seem to want more new pokes and less older ones in this gen...
there will always be complaints... be happy they give you more then less. If they would make a new generation like gen 3 and 5 with less older pokes and only with new ones would you be more happy? now we got megas and many things that i dont imagine not leting someone catch a Gengar...

I personally would indeed be more happy if it was like gen 3 or 5 with mostly/only new Pokémon. Cause that would mean more new Pokémon and I had absolutely no problems with it in gen 5. I have a hard time making a team now, cause I don't like many of the new mons and a lot of the old mons present I've already used once and I like to always have new Pokémon on my team.

And of course there will always be complaints, though I prefer calling it 'critisism'. The people here are probably all buying the games, doesn't mean they can't say that some things could've been improved. If you don't like listening to that, just... don't?

I prefer the number of newer Pokemon be front and center. Forces me to get to know the new guys and create new favorites in the process. More importantly, this is their show for the time being.

That said, I really hope this isn't the final model because no Bellossom, no Mantine, no Buziel, no Tropius, Clamperl and its evos? Nadda on Numel, Slugma and their evos? And the ONE frickin' Gen 1 Pokemon (with Gen 2 evo) that actually has business in the tropical climate isn't in?
No seriously, just what the actual hell with that damn Gen 1 count? What's next the very first wild Pokemon encounter gonna be a hard-coded Rattata? UGH. Every time I get gassed up for this Gen 1 just brings it down.

Hell of it all, Lilligant actually got in but with Alolan variants being the Kanto show it's more pleasantries to say the least.

Oh, for sure. Given the tropical nature of Alola and its major feature (or at least Hawaii's), volcanoes, I expected to see more Pokemon like:
-Numel/Camerupt
-Slugma/Magcargo
-Tropius
-Heatmor
-Chatot
-Krabby/Kingler
-Clamperl/Huntail/Gorebyss
-Mantyke/Mantine
-Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
-Skrelp/Dragalge
-AND OH YEAH, BELLOSSOM! THE HULA DANCER WHO EVOLVED WITH A SUN STONE (Oddish line)

Just some highlights I thought would fit really well that they left out. Really odd picks for the Pokedex. Little bland on overall choices given the region.

I mean on the whole I think it's not a bad Dex and I'm fine with it, but now that you point these out, some of them do feel like really glaring omissions given the climate. Could probably put the Lotad line in there as well. And man, yeah, I could definitely go for some more Krabby love.

Also, I know I already noted the large number of fossils on the first page, but I have to ask specifically, why Sinnoh's fossils? Why not go with Omanyte/Kabuto which are aquatic and Kantoan (free Gen I reference if you get them in a cave where Team Skull is active) and cooler and don't suck as much and they don't overlap with the Gen IV remakes

Oh and I can't help but notice that in the individual island Dexes in that pastebin post, Shellos only appears on the fourth island, which suggests to me that they are yet again going to completely miss the point of its forms by making them version-exclusive...

Last edited:
on the other hand you can try and test how do the new ones handle older ones.

yes this one Skrelp/Dragalge should be in it 100%, all hot see based creature should be in a warm island based region.

everyone complained about generation 5 becuse the new pokemon were not so seperate from past generation , now that we got so many new abilities and moves people seem to want more new pokes and less older ones in this gen...
there will always be complaints... be happy they give you more then less. If they would make a new generation like gen 3 and 5 with less older pokes and only with new ones would you be more happy? now we got megas and many things that i dont imagine not leting someone catch a Gengar...
I don't think anyone wanted more Kanto mon and Unova mon in Alola, it's just that the BW dex sucked and now GF has made another sucky dex, because they're too polarizing.

I found this picture on 4chan. It lists all of the Pokemon by the island they first appear in.

Edit: I uploaded it on photobucket first but the quality was rubbish so I just uploaded it on imgur.

I was going to use Kommo-o, but if I can't get it until that late into the game, I might switch it out for Salamence instead.

I am so annoyed by the overabundance of Gen 1 Pokemon, they're really wanting to shove it down our throats, aren't they. Also, my greatest fears have been confirmed, being that my two signature Pokemon from Gen 5 and 6 (and all time absolute favorites), Floatzel and Mienshao are completely absent, meaning I'm going to be forced to use another Water and Fighting type until the post-game. For Water types, I'm already choosing Popplio anyways, so I can just go with my pretty mermaid, so I can easily go without Floatzel since I love the Popplio family. But for Fighting types... *sighs*, I have a love/hate relationship with this species due to how overexposed it is in both the franchise and the fandom, and I really don't want to use it because of it's dual typing giving it more weaknesses than strengths (Fire, Ground, and even OTHER Fighting types), but... looks like I'm going to have to use Lucario instead of Mienshao.

Being someone who didn't grow up with Gen 1 (and grew up mainly with Gen 3 and 4), it just annoys me that Gen 1 has gotten so much overexposure this generation, and the later generations are basically glanced over like they mean nothing. It's just... why can't they be celebrating ALL generations equally, why must Gen 1 get all the attention while the others get shafted? For a region that's supposed to be based on colorful, tropical islands, the regional dex just feels so boring, especially when almost 75% of the returning Pokemon are Gen 1 Pokemon, and like I said, I didn't grow up with Gen 1 during it's original release, so I don't have as much of an emotional attatchment to the Gen 1 Pokemon as I do Gen 4 or 5.

I mean, if it's a region based on Hawaii, most famous for a volcano, shouldn't the Slugma or Numel family be present? They could have at least have had Ampharos, Manectric or Luxray available, this generation just feels so... tiny. You have a regional dex divided into 4 parts, like how Kalos had 3 parts, and even though more than 75% of the three Kalos dexes combined were old-gen Pokemon, at least they were evenly distributed with 150 Pokemon each, allowing for what is probably the most diverse regional dex in the franchise with a total of 450 Pokemon. Here, however... well, I'd look at Dizzard's post from earlier:

I found this picture on 4chan. It lists all of the Pokemon by the island they first appear in.

Edit: I uploaded it on photobucket first but the quality was rubbish so I just uploaded it on imgur.

I mean, look at it, each of the four dexes feel unevenly spaced, yes I know legendaries are ommited, but it just feels so cramped and claustrophobic if they're only going to have that many Pokemon in each dex section. Since there were blank spaces in the demo, it could be possible that the leaked dex is unfinished and that there are more Pokemon available from older generations in the regional dex, however, I really feel like what we see is what we get.

I'm wondering if the reason for so many Gen 1 Pokemon is due to the success of Go and the new fans that brings who are only familiar with them. Though as one of those myself I feel like I've seen all there is to see of Gen 1 now and I'm more interested in seeing what else there is.

especially when almost 75% of the returning Pokemon are Gen 1 Pokemon
39%, actually.

I mean, look at it, each of the four dexes feel unevenly spaced, yes I know legendaries are ommited, but it just feels so cramped and claustrophobic if they're only going to have that many Pokemon in each dex section.
That image shows which Pokemon debuts on which island. The four Pokedex sections are pretty even with 110-130 Pokemon, but there are large overlaps between them.

Only 16 evo lines on the last island that are not on any others?
Anyway, annoyed that Vulpix is so late on, since I wanted to use one.
Plus I'm surprised that Vullaby and Rufflet are so early.

You thought the Ice-type Vulpix would be available any earlier than the third island with the snow-capped mountain, which appears to be the only location in the region with cold temperatures?

Having Vullaby and Rufflet available so early on is probably going to discourage people from using them since they don't evolve until level 54.

To be fair, they take f***ing forever to evolve. They're no more powerful than many base stage Pokemon, and don't evolve until level 54--an evolution level I thoroughly believe should be retconned to be lower.

EDIT: Greninja'd

Having Vullaby and Rufflet available so early on is probably going to discourage people from using them since they don't evolve until level 54.

Wouldn't that make people more likely to consider using them? Since they'll have plenty of time to train them up.

I don't think when you can first obtain them will make much difference to the people who are already put off by how late they evolve. At least as I said before having them appear early gives you plenty of time to train them.

Wouldn't that make people more likely to consider using them? Since they'll have plenty of time to train them up.

I don't think when you can first obtain them will make much difference to the people who are already put off by how late they evolve. At least as I said before having them appear early gives you plenty of time to train them.
I've seen people become annoyed with Pokemon that take a long time to evolve. I think it's because they may start to lag behind your other pokemon in terms of strength since it hasn't evolved yet, while your other pokemon have.

Vullaby and Rufflet i assume will be exclusives? i wonder how many exclusives there will be and who. Does GF usually say more about exclusives before game release?

I am disappointed that I won't be able to use Horsea or Mareep as part of my Dragon team. Now I have to re-plan my Moon.

I'm fine with them evolving later, though TBH I forgot just HOW late they evolve and IMO, it would make more sense for them to be on Island 3/4.

Back
Top Bottom