• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS: Demo Datamine Discussion

Big takeaways from video 3. UB's have shiny forms: UB = Pokemon. Also Gold Magearna isn't shiny? So what is Gold Magearna.

I think they explained this in a magazine.

Gold Magearna is Magearna as it looked 500 years ago.

Silver Magearna has "rusted" or "degrared" or whatever into its silver form.

Fingers crossed that there is still more stuff, especially for the possibility that the starters have two final forms, even though the chances are minimal for that.

It's really cool that the Legends have pre-evos. This is just a little theory, but what if those pre-evos are actually normal Pokemon, and only to specific ones are chosen to become Solgaleo and Lunala. Just an idea.

Important Question: New Mega Evolutions?
Did they confirm that there won't be any new mega-evos?

I know people feel otherwise, but I kind of hope we can catch UB's. It seems that this is a majority, if not, all of the new pokes and the UB's would feel that space a little bit. Also, am I the only disappointed by how many single stand pokemon forms there seem to be? I'm still very excited and I do like all of the new pokes, but I just want more (maybe I'm a little greedy).

> squid tapu is kawaii, I like her, I don't generally care about legends but I can see her growing on me. Shame she's not the ghost one tho
> buff tapu seems a bit dumb but the ghost tapu is alright
> morelull's evo is creepy as fuck, I can't believe @Alice; was right about it becoming an alien. I like it, though the pants kind of irk me
> crabrawler's yeti evo might grow on me, it's pretty cool
> the bacteriophage thing is pretty okay looking, I can see that growing on me as well when we see more of it. I hope it's a poison type, lord knows we need more of those
> the anchor...it looks kind of stupid in that picture, but seeing it in motion and closer up might change that opinion
> wimpod's evo is terrifying, also has potential to grow on me
> the final form of the sea urchin, I don't think I like it, it looks kind of dumb, though the body is so hard to make out that there's a decent chance I'll change my mind when we see it
> salandit's evo is...okay, I guess, don't think it's doing anyfin for me tho
> toucan's decent, but doesn't interest me. Will it be dark/flying?
> I am surprised alolan golem isn't rock/fire. It looks decent
> marshadow is okay, doesn't really interest me
> box cover prevos are actually a thing, interesting. It's cute
> literally who approved alolan persian and dugtrio

Last edited:
I don't like that Pikipek's final Toucan form is literally just a normal toucan. It almost looks photo-realistic. Kind of really silly.

Important Question: New Mega Evolutions?
Did they confirm that there won't be any new mega-evos?

I think they're going to save those for remakes/third games like ORAS since they can be added mid-generation without screwing up the online trade station.

I don't think we're getting remakes or third titles for Alola, though. NX releases next year and the only Mythical left to distribute in Japan is Marshadow.

yeah i am disappointed in alolan persian. i was expecting it to be pretty because of royal breeding. infact i laughed at it when i saw it like alot of other pokemon in this generation. i dont mind a couple of funny pokemon but there seems to be alot in this generation. i am hoping maybe some of the evolutions of the stand alone pokemon were left out some how. some of them i am surprised are stand alones.

so alchemy stuffs..

box legends: water and atom
UBs: i think that's a damascus steel metal sword guy and final UB has electron orbitals in his maw

I'm just glad that with all of the new forms considered as new Pokemon, we actually cleared 100+ new designs. 107 by my count.
How are you counting them? If we only count forms with potentially different stats, then my count is 108 (including Oricorio, Lycanroc and Wishiwashi). I only count Ash Pikachu once, and it remains to be seen if it has special stats.

Kinda sucks that postgame stuff wasnt in the datamining to confirm/deny things like Battle Frontier or revisiting past regions but I guess we'll see during our playthroughs!

There's a lot of the images missing, so I'm willing to think that they didn't scrub all of the Pokemon.

It's speculated that the three new moves are the Signature moves of the starters:

Throat Chop for Litten
- Deals damage and prevents use of sound-based moves like Hyper-Voice.

Laser Focus for Rowlet
- Buffs next damaging move used after it.

Aurora Veil for Popplio
- Raises team defense and special defense.

So Popplimaid is tanky support as I supposed if this is true.

How certain are we of the evolutionary ties between some of these? Like, do we know for sure that Yetibrawler isn't just a snow-oriented counterpart to Crabrawler?

Back
Top Bottom