• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS: Demo Datamine Discussion

At least Probopass made sense since its iron filings as a mustache is because it's magnetic we have to see Alola Golems entry.
I am kinda suspecting that Alolan Golem might be an Electric-type, so it might just be more of the same thing. Which if it is... ew on reusing that concept. It's funny and clever on Probopass, but it's not as good if you use it a second time around.

I am kinda suspecting that Alolan Golem might be an Electric-type, so it might just be more of the same thing. Which if it is... ew on reusing that concept. It's funny and clever on Probopass, but it's not as good if you use it a second time around.
K, first of all. Lycanroc midday form's shiny form is BADASS!!!!. And I like most of the new pokemon that were revealed to us. But to each his own

I hate to be negative, but I'm am pretty disappointed with what we got. The pokedex seems really incomplete in my opinion (I know that we don't have the ENTIRE Alolan dex, but we still have the majority of it) It's not that it has a somewhat low number, but there seems to be a lot of single staged pokemon, and there aren't even any new Dark or Ice type (two of my favorite types :[ )Pokemon except for maybe Crabrawler's evo.
I thought that Alolan Dugtrio was fake at first, and i'm sort of disappointed that it isn't. I have no clue what they were thinking when all they did was give the Alolan Forms hair, but I guess we'll see. But, the worst in my opinion, is Alolan Persian. I was really hoping it would be really sleak and majestic, like how regular Persian is, but it looks way too goofy for me to take it seriously. And I don't really have an opinion of Geodude's line yet.

This has probably been the most hit-or-miss generation with me so far when it comes to new Pokemon / Forms, as I seem to either really like or really dislike them. Despite this, though, I am pretty happy with most of the new Pokemon we are getting, I just wish there were a few more added to it. This doesn't go off of anything, but I was hoping for maybe a Grass / Fire tiki and Water / Dark pirate, as well as the dolphin and snowman ^^

EDIT: And this is completely unrealted, but can we talk about how good the Ten Carat Hill theme is?!

Last edited:
Still in active disbelief over Dugtrio The Scammer, what kind of HUNTY MESS, what kind of PLOT TWIST, who the fuck in a MILLION YEARS WOULD'VE PREDICTED, twenty years in and GF still PLAYING us
who let this rat mole audition for RuPaul's Drag Race
lmao.gif
dies.gif

If Shiny Alola Dugtrio doesn't have a problematic black bob I'm suing.

Call me crazy but what if
ab56w0.png

Since both the babies are behind Solgaleo and Lunala in the pokedex sprite list
What if it's a 3-stage evolution line?

Hmm, interesting. This fits in with the "version exclusive form" theories we've seen flying around.

Gee the negativity on this thread is something else...But I really shouldn't be surprised there is always a hype backlash.

There sadly always is when a new gen rolls around. You learn to laugh it off. :LOL:

Just like repeating the surfer joke on Dugtrio when Raichu is already doing it better.

But, the worst in my opinion, is Alolan Persian. I was really hoping it would be really sleak and majestic, like how regular Persian is, but it looks way too goofy for me to take it seriously.

Since we're talking about the problems of repeated concepts, I have to reiterate here what I mentioned earlier - we've already seen a sleek and majestic Persian, so why do the exact same thing with Alolan Persian? ;)

Personally, I think it's hilarious that the vain, selfish Alolan Meowth evolve and, instead of becoming even more elegant, karma strikes and puffs up their face, so you look at them and are like, "Oh well you're just a big silly-looking cat aren't you?"

Just like repeating the surfer joke on Dugtrio when Raichu is already doing it better.

Since we're talking about the problems of repeated concepts, I have to reiterate here what I mentioned earlier - we've already seen a sleek and majestic Persian, so why do the exact same thing with Alolan Persian? ;)

Personally, I think it's hilarious that the vain, selfish Alolan Meowth evolve and, instead of becoming even more elegant, karma strikes and puffs up their face, so you look at them and are like, "Oh well you're just a big silly-looking cat aren't you?"
I don't have a problem with repeated concepts though. Sorry if I made it seem that way in what I wrote. It's just not what I was hoping for its design, I guess.

But on a more positive note, I really like the shiny versions! Some of my favorites are the starters', Pollosand's, the Tapus', Oricorios', and Minior's!

Last edited:
I'm mainly disappointed that there is no proper dolphin Pokemon and that Game Freak thought that designing 8 UBs was a better idea than, say, adding 3 more lines of Alolan forms. I think that a total of 3 UBs would have been more than enough.

But I am still going to like my team more than I liked any of those I've trained in the past four generations, so I can't really complain.

JSince we're talking about the problems of repeated concepts, I have to reiterate here what I mentioned earlier - we've already seen a sleek and majestic Persian, so why do the exact same thing with Alolan Persian? ;)
Because vanilla Persian leaves something to be desired typing-wise and stats-wise, but oh well.

I want them to boost the stats of several Pokemon. I hope that Game Freak realized when deciding on the stats for Alolan forms, that it is silly to be held back by data some programmer determined 20 years ago. Pokemon shouldn't have to be re-designed to be made more viable.

Some things that I didn't expect.
- Komala is a stand alone. I though it would be a one-evolution chain. But like another user said, that would be like pancham/pangoro, cubchoo/beartic, etc.

-comfey is a stand alone. What? Well I guess the chinese riddler was wrong as he said that comfey had a evolution. He also said that they're would be an abundance of fire and ice type pokemon. Not so credible now is he?

-pyukumuku is a stand alone. Now that legitimately surprised me. Also, yet another pokemon the chinese riddler said would have an evolution. But... there's not

I don't think people should jump to conclusions just yet on whether Pokemon are stand alone or not just yet. I know the dataminer's video said "Almost all of the sprites of the new pokemon" and "A Few Pokemon sprites were not able to be found". This could just be talking about gender differences or something, but there is still a chance. And it goes the same way for the dolphin (which could be referring to the purple Tapu...), and snowman (if it wasn't referring to Crabrawler's evo being a yeti crab) that the Chinese leak said we are getting.

Last edited:
So there is datamining again? Game Freak doesn't seem to learn from their first mistake did they?

Okay the answer for this may be obvious but food for thought: The datamine contained no names of the Pokemon. Just sprites.
Then is this little guy really Marshadow? or did the dataminers just assume that it is Marshadow because it is the last of the sprites?
View attachment 101381

It looks like a literal shadow child. It also happens to have red fiery eyes, which might reference the Mars within its name.

As simple as its design is, Marshadow pre-evo is probably one of my favorite Mons of the data leak. Wish I could add the shadowy lil God of War to my team.

- Komala is a stand alone. I though it would be a one-evolution chain. But like another user said, that would be like pancham/pangoro, cubchoo/beartic, etc.

-comfey is a stand alone. What? Well I guess the chinese riddler was wrong as he said that comfey had a evolution. He also said that they're would be an abundance of fire and ice type pokemon. Not so credible now is he?

-pyukumuku is a stand alone. Now that legitimately surprised me. Also, yet another pokemon the chinese riddler said would have an evolution. But... there's not

Did the riddler actually say they would evolve or was he speculating because I don't remember him ever stating that, I could be completely wrong and missed it but yea.

He clearly stated in those posts that he was speculating about it and it wasn't a leak. He has never leaked anything "directly".

The new UBs look amazing, I'm quite surprised they went for such a high level of abstraction for a Pokemon game.
I wonder what the underlying theme is. We already had a jellyfish, buff mosquito and an elegant cockroach, but now we have an origami seraphim, a bamboo shoot, a carbon fiber crystal robot, electricity wires gone havoc and Sheoldred on steroids. Quite the mystifying bunch.

Did anyone saw the mention of Kalos region that was in one of the videos? I was sure GF wouldn't do another two region game again.

He clearly stated in those posts that he was speculating about it and it wasn't a leak. He has never leaked anything "directly".
So... why even bother saying it? If he's supposed to be this "super credible" leaker. Then why not just stop when you're ahead? Speculating makes you no more credible than any other leaker out there.

Since he released this stuff that he was just speculating. He got stuff wrong, which makes him not all that credible. You just proved my point

Back
Top Bottom