• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS: Demo Datamine Discussion

Do you mean the pedipalps or the chelicerae? Because both are incredibly unlikely to just be little nubs that are part of the same geometric framework as the base body and coloration - especially since both have been depicted before on other Pokemon.
pedipalps
i can see it only being little nubs without fangs to give it some detail beyond all the geometric shapes when it isnt a poison type. on other bugs that are poison type, they are still in the design but with fangs attached.
just my opinion on what it looks like to me. I don't think that is the back of the pokemon.

Can we please use spoilers on pics? I dont want to see them until either they are released or the game is out

Dataminers & friends I just heard triples and rotation aren't in Sun and Moon and I need like two seconds to express my feelings on this subject

261p35k.gif

Last edited:
I'm not too upset over triple battles being gone, what with them feeling like doubles gone overboard LETS THROW IN THE WHOLE TEAM AT ONCE NEXT. But I never got to try rotation battles so I don't have too much of an opinion on them. They seem like they could have been interesting.

I hope this time the Battle Spots battles have option of 6v6 so that I don't have to ping a random passerby and wait for that whole excruciating minute for a response.

I'm not too upset over triple battles being gone, what with them feeling like doubles gone overboard LETS THROW IN THE WHOLE TEAM AT ONCE NEXT. But I never got to try rotation battles so I don't have too much of an opinion on them. They seem like they could have been interesting.

Rotation was by far the most strategic, complex, dynamic, and exciting battle format in my opinion (!!). If Gamefreak cared about making fun, challenging, engaging RPG games that would appeal to everybody, instead of making tedious mind-numbing button mashing "gameplay" designed explicitly for little children, they'd incorporate rotation significantly more into the games; certainly for some boss fights, at least. And if Smogon was actually about the "fairness" of the metagame instead of promoting certain arbitrary playing styles and punishing others (like they actually do), they'd promote rotation as THE most simultaneously strategic/mindgame-intensive and fun format, and abolish the broken rock paper scissors GARBAGE that's singles
party.gif

But that's just my thoughts, anyhow. I'm very upset

For the first few hours after finding out I was like "no, I'm not buying these games anymore". I don't know right now; I was so excited to use some of these DOPE new pokemon in rotation

(PS my tone is harsh because I'm #venting at GF, not you
hug.gif
)

EDIT: on a more positive not though, considering how actually amazing and vibrant the starters looked animated, I can't wait to see some of these datamine guys in game! I'm pumped for Alolan Graveler, the water spiders/viruses, Salandit2, and Morelull2 especially

Last edited:
I'm hoping it's Poison/Water that evolves into Poison/Steel, like Skrelp changed when it evolved. Mostly because the second stage reminds me of things like Ferrothorn and Forretress a lot. And we don't have too many Poison and Steel lines this gen iirc. Staying Poison/Water would be fine though!

I'm actually considering using it on my team, I just want to see it animated first. Same with the bubble spider. I don't even know why I planned my team so quickly last week because it's definitely going to change in places from what I was expecting to use...

Wimpod2 and Sea Urchin are both Pokemon I want for my team, so I hope they don't have overlapping types.

I'm hoping for either:

Wimpod2: Bug/Water
SeaUrchin2: Poison/Steel

OR

Wimpod2: Bug/Steel
SeaUrchin2: Poison/Water

I have a strong feeling that they could both end up being either steel type or water type though. I think I'd prefer the first one though since we get a new type combo out of it.

Wimpod changing to Bug/Steel would be a travesty. Not only because we already have 6, but also because it probably won't be able to compete with Scizor. Meanwhile Bug/Water is a new combination (outside of Surskit which, c'mon, no one uses), is a barely wallable STAB combination outside of like 15 Pokemon total, throw in Tough Claws as a potential ability and Swords Dance and Aqua Jet on top of its Gyarados-level stats and it will have potential to be a monster.

But after Decidueye's type I suppose we should be ready for potential surprises. :(

Back
Top Bottom