• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS: Demo Datamine Discussion

My Player Character dressing like Hilbert (basically being Hilbert) and doing the Battle Tree challenge with Steven, Red or Blue...

Yes, SM has the potential to be my favourite Pokemon game of all time...

I need to control my hype levels, so just ignore my fanboyism for now xD

Last edited:
Red is not Ash's older brother lol they are either the same person in different incarnations or completely unrelated people save for their hometown.

Also not sure why it was said that a game will never again have more than one region I highly doubt that is true. I do doubt that we'll ever get more than 2 regions in a given game at our current technological state (actually the switch might change this if main series games are put on it), but I could 100% see a game with 2 regions in the future.
In fact, if they do come out with Kanto sequels it would make sense to have Johto included in the post game. That would also be pretty cool to have the roles reversed imo.

Aaaanyway, pretty sure the datamine would have given us at least some vague indication if Kanto were in Sun and Moon at this point so I doubt it's happening.
Did you read what my theory about Red and Ash by the way

That would RBY virtual console in which you can transfer pokemon over to SM. That is the only connection Kanto would have for gen 7.

How do you know? Having RBY release on virtual console in the same generation that an RBY sequel releases would make a lot of sense to me. I'm not saying it's definitely going to or even likely to happen, but it is fully possible. So many call-backs to Kanto this gen could all lead up to us getting a sequel.

Did you read what my theory about Red and Ash by the way

Nah sorry I must have missed it

How do you know? Having RBY release on virtual console in the same generation that an RBY sequel releases would make a lot of sense to me. I'm not saying it's definitely going to or even likely to happen, but it is fully possible. So many call-backs to Kanto this gen could all lead up to us getting a sequel.
Maybe in gen 9 or 1o. For now Sun and Moon is the main focus.

I wonder why those regional sets would be clothes if there's a Honey set beneath them. :/

It's probably one of the regional cookies/goodies like Johto's Rage Candy Bar and Hoenn's Lava Cookie.
Kanto didn't have one so that may be why there isn't a Kanto one.
Basically, Occam's Razor, the simplest answer is the best answer.

Nah sorry I must have missed it
Do you mind trying to answer it or just read it what you think of it

I'd love to see a Kanto sequel in full glorious 3D. I don't want another remake, and I don't want it jammed into a post-game as an addendum. Now that we've seen Blue and Red aged up, it would be the PERFECT time to go back to a changed-up Kanto. Do what Black and White 2 did for Unova, but on steroids. I want new locations on the map, fun new features, and new gym leaders...maybe even new E4. Maybe Agatha's grandaughter took over for her. Maybe Blaine rebuilt Cinnabar Island and the gym. Maybe Saffron is now a bustling hub of commerce with a Maison and/or Join Avenue equivalent. Since they seem a little more relaxed lately about merging the worlds of the anime and the games for fanservice purposes, maybe throw in some of the cute references in Yellow (Jessie, James and Meowth!) and include some of the anime-only locations for maximum nostalgia fun, and to flesh out the world. I always wanted to walk through Gringy City and see the festival at Maiden's Peak.

Kanto has more to give, and rather than just retreading old ground, I want *new* Kanto ground to explore.

(But Sinnoh remakes first, pls :p ).

I'd love to see a Kanto sequel in full glorious 3D. I don't want another remake, and I don't want it jammed into a post-game as an addendum. Now that we've seen Blue and Red aged up, it would be the PERFECT time to go back to a changed-up Kanto. Do what Black and White 2 did for Unova, but on steroids. I want new locations on the map, fun new features, and new gym leaders...maybe even new E4. Maybe Agatha's grandaughter took over for her. Maybe Blaine rebuilt Cinnabar Island and the gym. Maybe Saffron is now a bustling hub of commerce with a Maison and/or Join Avenue equivalent. Since they seem a little more relaxed lately about merging the worlds of the anime and the games for fanservice purposes, maybe throw in some of the cute references in Yellow (Jessie, James and Meowth!) and include some of the anime-only locations for maximum nostalgia fun, and to flesh out the world. I always wanted to walk through Gringy City and see the festival at Maiden's Peak.

Kanto has more to give, and rather than just retreading old ground, I want *new* Kanto ground to explore.

(But Sinnoh remakes first, pls :p ).
This is all really cool but they would have to add a lot of story to make this interesting, Kanto was a short game, and now that Team Rocket has been disbanded I would assume it would be a villain free region so you would essentially only have to beat the gyms and go to the league and that would be pretty quick and boring. If we do revisit Kanto some in-game years later I hope they had something to make it feel less short.

Why are we talking of Kanto anyway? This thread's topic is about the spoilers of the datamining. Small part of me wanted the info as a surprise but a larger part of me want to know about the pokemon. Whether it has spoiled things for people or not is entirely up to them.

Kanto was a short game, and now that Team Rocket has been disbanded I would assume it would be a villain free region so you would essentially only have to beat the gyms and go to the league and that would be pretty quick and boring.

Who's to say a new team hasn't risen in the time between taking over Johto and their disbanding. It could play up the whole yakuza/mafia thing. Huge gang breaks up, a lesser gang moves in and takes their turf.

In fact why not throw Johto in too. It's never had a villainous team of it's own. Have the new team be from there and have them expand into Kanto in a reverse Rocket situation.

There's a lot they can do without retreading old ground with better graphics.

Also, nobody is going to convince me that Karen isn't Agatha's granddaughter and already took over for her in G/S/C/HGSS.

I just got a theory about ultra beast what if every one of the represents the planets except earth:

UB-01: Mercury
UB-02: Venus and Mars

And so on and so forth it could be right since lunala is the moon and solgaleo is the sun?

Who's to say a new team hasn't risen in the time between taking over Johto and their disbanding. It could play up the whole yakuza/mafia thing. Huge gang breaks up, a lesser gang moves in and takes their turf.

In fact why not throw Johto in too. It's never had a villainous team of it's own. Have the new team be from there and have them expand into Kanto in a reverse Rocket situation.

There's a lot they can do without retreading old ground with better graphics.

Also, nobody is going to convince me that Karen isn't Agatha's granddaughter and already took over for her in G/S/C/HGSS.
Team Rocket is too iconic for a replacement to their debut region I rather have a sequel with an older Giovanni actually bringing a revived team with New executives for a very last stand with an actually true evil goal like future teams. I don't know about Karen and Agatha being related at least Lorelei had a good reason for her resignation from FRLG post game then again it would be cool if they were like Koga giving his daughter Janine his gym leader position while he promotes to Elite Four status. Anyway this is off topic I rather go back talking about future datamining in the final week for the release.

Last edited:
It wouldn't make that much of a difference if they met imo. There are subtle differences between the two characters and it is obvious. Gary's hair is a bit darker than Blue's and he wears that yellow cube around his neck and Red doesn't talk unlike Ash who is a blabbermouth. Also, Ash has gone through many changes throughout the years and Red has stayed the same with the exception of this installment of Pokemon games. I'd even go as far to say that Blue and Red aren't counterparts of Gary and Ash and vice-versa. Plus Blue is a Gym Leader and former champion while Gary never even placed in a League (but also has 10 out of 8 Gym Badges in Kanto because why not?) Red was the most dominant trainer in Kanto and Ash... well he never won a league but he came close.
Well Red and Ash are very different people in personality and looks dispite being counterparts, to the point Ash feels like all his own to me now, but Gary and Blue are basically the same guy in looks and much more similer in personality.
This is all really cool but they would have to add a lot of story to make this interesting, Kanto was a short game, and now that Team Rocket has been disbanded I would assume it would be a villain free region so you would essentially only have to beat the gyms and go to the league and that would be pretty quick and boring. If we do revisit Kanto some in-game years later I hope they had something to make it feel less short.
It could be the return of Giovanni.

Also I found some art that fixes my problem I mentioned earlier about Decidueye not looking anything like a ghost type!

tumblr_ofqddh6Mdx1ubg5zqo2_500.png
by heyfutures on tumblr
decidueye_by_kel_del-daml313.jpg
by Kel-Del on deviantart
tumblr_ofzqk53k5l1v8m8lyo1_1280.gif
by bambidraws on tumblr

If they just emphasised the shadowy dark faced hooded figure point more I'd be more into it. Everybody complains about Incineroar and praises this one (and I like em too they are cool as all hell), but at least you can just look at Incineroar and tell it's a real bastard. A lovable bastard though. :D

Last edited:
It could be the return of Giovanni.
It could very well be, but that implies, as I said, that hey had a lot of story to not seem bland. This assuming they are starting to care about plot in Sun and Moon, because XY was a severe disappointment after 5th Gen's amazing Plot.

As for the Starters I love Decidueye and Incineroar so much I kinda wanna pick both xD This Gen's final starters are so good!! I haven't loved the final forms the same amount between the 3 in a long time!

It could very well be, but that implies, as I said, that hey had a lot of story to not seem bland. This assuming they are starting to care about plot in Sun and Moon, because XY was a severe disappointment after 5th Gen's amazing Plot.

As for the Starters I love Decidueye and Incineroar so much I kinda wanna pick both xD This Gen's final starters are so good!! I haven't loved the final forms the same amount between the 3 in a long time!
Agreed with everything you said especially all 3 starters being good equally!

I just got a theory about ultra beast what if every one of the represents the planets except earth:

UB-01: Mercury
UB-02: Venus and Mars

And so on and so forth it could be right since lunala is the moon and solgaleo is the sun?
Very Interesting indeed.
Something like this?
Ultra_Beasts.jpg

I am really considering Incineroar for my team. But that would give my team a big Rock weakness. :/

Back
Top Bottom