• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] Gen VII: The Future

Note that I said "in certain methods". Of course it's not the original gen, I never said that as well. It will break at some point for sure(I never said it will not break forever), but my main point here is that's not going to be within Gen 7.
Just considering even 3DS was already popular, B2W2 was still a NDS game.
I'm aware you said in certain methods, but that doesn't change the fact that those generations are not playable at all-the remakes are from a different generation entirely. I wasn't implying that you believed the streak would remain forever, my point was just that it had to be done at some point-and there's no time like the present, after all.

At the time of B2W2, there was not such tremendous lag in battle as we currently have now. The NDS was not facing the same technical struggles the 3DS now.
You missed my point. You need to insert the 5 Gen 4 games respectively in Dream Radar to capture the certain legendary Pokémons and then import to Gen 5. My point here is Gen 4 is already related to 3DS apps.
I'm aware of this function, but that's just checking for the game-there's no function at all for the game itself.

At the time of B2W2, there was not such tremendous lag in battle as we currently have now. The NDS was not facing the same technical struggles the 3DS now.

I'm pretty sure the use of sprites had something to do with it. While I think that they take up more data than 3d models, I notices that the use of sprites don't need 30 or higher FPS and inf ace seem to work best at middling FPS (I'd say Low, but i'd then invite rebuttals about DPPt's slow speed). Its possible that he sprite graphics mean that the devs didn't see FPS as a priority and could focus on other things. And that such a low bar prevents a general drop because the DSi and later devices could handle it.

the 3D models on the other hand would necessitate higher FPS to make things smoother.

Gen1: RBG + Y
Gen2: GS + C
Gen3: RS + FRLG + E
Gen4: DP + Pt + HGSS
Gen5: BW + B2W2
Gen6: XY + ORAS
Gen7: SM + ???

eh, it's either one of the three to appear next: Stars (either in third version or sequel format), Sinnoh remakes, or Kanto-based something.
And it's going to be on the Switch. At least Stars is very likely to be on the Switch. Though, Sinnoh remakes for the 3DS seems plausible (if they make it more or less on the same level as ORAS).
If it's a Kanto-based something, then it should be something completely new, not a remakeception of Gen1.

Though, Sinnoh remakes for the 3DS seems plausible (if they make it more or less on the same level as ORAS).

If you;re implying that ORAS was superfluous, I must point out that RSE was not playable on the 3DS. Conversely DP/Pt can still be played on the 3DS. menaing that if there are going to be Sinnoh remakes, i suspect they would be on the Switch or a different handeld.

Mew's Z crystal being a Bank distribution eliminates the movie tie-in theory. It loos like Ash Pikachu will be the distribution...potentially leaving Marshadow for 2018, and giving Game Freak their 3 year Gen this time around.

Mew's Z crystal being a Bank distribution eliminates the movie tie-in theory. It loos like Ash Pikachu will be the distribution...potentially leaving Marshadow for 2018, and giving Game Freak their 3 year Gen this time around.

On the other hand, it seems a little bit odd to have a Z-Crystal for a Mythical without the respective Pokemon. It might be possible that there will be a mew distribution later (though might had been intended for the VC event Mew, the Bank event cast a wider net than the amount of people that could use the z crystal)

On the other hand, it seems a little bit odd to have a Z-Crystal for a Mythical without the respective Pokemon. It might be possible that there will be a mew distribution later (though might had been intended for the VC event Mew, the Bank event cast a wider net than the amount of people that could use the z crystal)
Don't forget that there was the Mythical event Mew in February that can be transported up to SM. That's probably one reason why Mewnium Z is being distributed right now.
Also, there's the glitch Mew in the VC releases which can then be glitched even further so that it can be transported through Bank.

Not everyone that has Sun/Moon had a Gen 6 game. (and even if they did, some people might have missed out on the event)

If the glitch Mew has to be messed up even more to be brought through Bank, it's pretty clear that it's not supposed to be brought through that way. GF's not going to count on people bringing in glitched Pokemon if they weren't supposed to go through in the first place.

We can't use the current event Pokemon to predict the length of the generation when Game Freak could easily introduce new Z-moves and/or forms in the next installments. If Ash's Pikachu is good enough for this year, then the sky is the limit for the future.

For that matter, Mew is one of the rarer event Pokemon in Japan, due to the last distribution requiring the VC games. Suffice to say that most kids didn't buy those games. If Game Freak wanted, they could give Mew a new form and use it for a future movie.

We can't use the current event Pokemon to predict the length of the generation when Game Freak could easily introduce new Z-moves and/or forms in the next installments. If Ash's Pikachu is good enough for this year, then the sky is the limit for the future.

For that matter, Mew is one of the rarer event Pokemon in Japan, due to the last distribution requiring the VC games. Suffice to say that most kids didn't buy those games. If Game Freak wanted, they could give Mew a new form and use it for a future movie.

I'm gonna say that Mew is actually one of the rarest Mythical Pokemon in the world. Japan has more Mew distributions than the other worlds with both the VC event and Emerald's Old Sea Map event.

With that said there is still the possibility that the z Crystal was meant for the Anniversary Mew (much as I loath to say that). I woudn't be the first time GF had distributed Event Pokemon and asked the players to hold on to them for a couple years. Black and White needed a Celebi and Shiny Legendary beasts for the Zoroark line, and then there's the special Pichu. Ona side note, Snarl was also an event only TM in those games, again needing a gen 4 event.

The differences are that you only need a Mew to use it, not to obtain it, the event is timed in both cases and that It is not necessary for completion purposes.

I'm gonna say that Mew is actually one of the rarest Mythical Pokemon in the world. Japan has more Mew distributions than the other worlds with both the VC event and Emerald's Old Sea Map event.
I don't really count distributions before the last generation, as they're ancient history. The 2016 Wi-Fi distributions made nearly all the mythicals readily obtainable in the west (albeit for a limited time), with Diancie and Volcanion being the only exceptions.

While fitting, it's rather weird that Mew was tied to the VC games in Japan. Still, I agree that they can't rely on its Z-move alone to use it for a movie.

Well, if the Stars rumor is true and we're getting a third version at the end of this years, I would expect an announcement around August, seeing as both Platinum and BW2 were also announced about 4 months before release.

The shortest time between the release of a Pokémon game and the announcement of the next one was 4 months (HGSS > BW), the longest about 2 years (DP > Platinum), so it could be anywhere between that :p

Well, if the Stars rumor is true and we're getting a third version at the end of this years, I would expect an announcement around August, seeing as both Platinum and BW2 were also announced about 4 months before release.

The shortest time between the release of a Pokémon game and the announcement of the next one was 4 months (HGSS > BW), the longest about 2 years (DP > Platinum), so it could be anywhere between that :p

GF is going to be the death of me.

I'm excited for the switch, but I'm not really willing to have another console. With a New 3DS, a 2DS, a PS4, an Xbox One, and an Apple TV (freebie from some Directv promotion), I really have no more outlets on my current TV. I'd have to get another TV..

I really hope that "Stars" or whatever the next incarnation of the franchise is, that it's available both on the 3DS and Switch.

What do the 3DS and 2DS have to do with your TV?

Also, you could always use the Switch purely as a handheld.

Nothing, other than the fact I have enough consoles haha.

I just don't want my reason to get the Switch to be solely because of a Pokemon game. The only reason I have a 2DS or 3DS is because of Pokemon -_-

I'm betting we're getting Ash's Pikachu, a Mew distribution (maybe celebratory with the next item), Sun and Moon re-released for Switch, and only one or two legendaries. Maybe the movies focusing on legendaries that already exist, like another Cosmog being released.

I just don't want my reason to get the Switch to be solely because of a Pokemon game. The only reason I have a 2DS or 3DS is because of Pokemon -_-
Well, that probably isn't going to change unless you haven't really explored the 3DS' library (or Wii U's for that matter). If the Switch gets more third party games than usual, they probably won't be exclusive games.

I got a 3DS for Virtue's Last Reward, but it wasn't actually 3DS-exclusive.

Flash forward 7 month, and we have Game Freak confirming that Pokemon is coming to Switch.

I talked about the movies in my opening post of the thread, and how mythical pokemon/movie releases are closely connected to eachother.

CoroCoro leaked this week, revealing Marshadow's exclusive Z-Move, confirming Marshadow has no alternate form to take.

So, with the only Gen VII mythical taking spotlight this year...I think it's fair to guess we'll see a Pokemon Switch title next year, with a Feb 2018 reveal of a new gen Pokemon (like Magearna in Feb 2016 before the Sun/Moon announcement) and that'll be the star of that movie, before the release of a Switch title.

This is, of course, all based on that we have no mythical Pokemon to star in the movie left. If they decide to have a movie based around Gen VII legendaries/ultra beasts/their new forms from US/UM next year (with no new mythical showing) we may see a 2019 release.

We'll hopefully find out more next month when we see the sneak preview at the end of this year's film.

Back
Top Bottom