• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] Gen VII: The Future

Next movie is about ash and kanto by the looks of it, poster is the ending of episode 1 with ho-oh so kanto sequel? Remakes probably, or this is where we get mewnuim z.
I hope for neither. The movie looks terrible. We might get the Mew Z item later on.

I hope for neither. The movie looks terrible. We might get the Mew Z item later on.
Already shutting down the movie when all we have is a 30 second trailer -_- I mean if it's just a rehash of the anime then maybe but we don't know how much of the original episodes they'd stick to, or if it's even just about the first series and they jusy started with promotion for that part, everyone liked the original anime series so it makes sense to use it to promote the movie. Also this would be a good time to distribute Mew z.

Also this would be a good time to distribute Mew z.
I don't know about that. They will definitely distribute Ash's Pikachu (in all its variants), which should be enough especially if they add Ho-Oh with its hidden ability (maybe it will get a Z-move in Stars).

I have my doubts that Mew will appear in a movie whose title is almost identical to that of the first episode. I see them keeping Mew for a follow-up movie in 2018.

I don't know about that. They will definitely distribute Ash's Pikachu (in all its variants), which should be enough especially if they add Ho-Oh with its hidden ability (maybe it will get a Z-move in Stars).
And here I'd been expecting Ash-Pikachu to be what you get when transferring Yellow version's Pikachu starter.

Not likely when most kids haven't played Yellow despite the VC release.
Yeah, I suppose that's fair enough. I was thinking along the line of the Light Ball that Pikachu's holding when sent to GSC.

Maybe some other easter egg for transferring it to Gen VII?

Maybe some other easter egg for transferring it to Gen VII?
No idea what they're planning for VC transfers in general. The datamine isn't helpful since the data conversion will be handled by Bank.

Hidden abilities and useful held items would be nice.

Me: let's discuss how routine movies allow us to predict the future of Gens

TPC: lol HERE'S A MOVIE REMAKE OF THE FIRST EPISODE, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY~

Me: god dammit

On a serious note, what a spanner in the works for my thread theory. It's absolutely got to be Ash's Pikachu for distribution for this movie, though. Really excited to see more of this, that first episode is somewhat iconic.

2017: Ash's Pikachu
2018: Mew
2019: ?

I think they'll just give Marshadow an anime arc as was the case for Meloetta. The 2019 distribution should be based on whatever is added to the 2018 games.

All Alola legendaries and Ultra Beasts should be used for anime arcs, because the series could certainly use whatever plot it can get. Promoting new legendaries via movies has proved to be a strategy with diminishing returns.

Where it was confirmed that one gen 7 movie is about Mew? Just want to know that.

I don't know if the lucario movie counts. Mew is ultimately incidental to the plot. I've said more than once that a more accurate title would be "Lucario and the Mystery of this Weird Stone Tree."

Obviously. I'm just saying that the second time he was featured was flimsy at best. Basically an excuse to release the faraway Island event and nothing more.

Obviously. I'm just saying that the second time he was featured was flimsy at best. Basically an excuse to release the faraway Island event and nothing more.
Actually, the event was unrelated to the movie. They distributed Mew directly, and around the same time there was an Old Sea Map distribution.

Movie 8 had a nice setting, but the initial teaser showed what seemed to be Faraway Island. It looked really cool.

what if they only use that footage from gen I to make us wizzy-wazzy about it?
maybe the plot of this movie will be related to both sun and moon and gen I?
maybe Ash met at that point Ho-Oh or it went to Alola?

(if they ever make a reboot then with Ash grandson or grandaughter, or siblings, and not from gen I but maybe from the next 8, and maybe then revisiting Kanto and other regions in a diffrent way)

I don't think that a new Kanto game is gonna happen. We just got it on the VC. I personally had enough Kanto.

Back
Top Bottom