• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] How would you modify/create the new starters movesets if You could?

Matleo

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Spoilers aller dont enter if you dont want to know.

Last edited:
I think you should mention if is a spoiler-free section or not. Since the users who are going leak-free do not know the movesets.
or we can wait to the 18 of the month to know for sure their stats and movesets.

I'd swap Incineroar's Sp. Attack and Speed.

Oh wait this thread is about movesets... I'd give Incineroar Sucker Punch and Knock Off. Hopefully move tutors in future games will fix this mistake.

Decidueye swapping it's Att with the Speed stats.

All Grass/Ghost are physical attacker. I wanted a change. Didn't happened sadly. But the major reason behind this was the shitty speed of 70 base of it now.

Last edited:
hope for Fantom Force,Shadow Sneak for Decidueye
(Long Reach- will both contatct moves those of you and of your oponent become non-contact like with Primarinas Liquid Voice all sound moves become water typed? or how will it work?)

Extream Speed for Incineroar with Fake Out would be a good thing or not?

Primarina, maybe some poison move?

I need to see Mirror Coat or Counter on some of them. Especially on those who fit them.

Primarina is so goat as it is right now. Maybe a better HA, but the movepool + good sp.defensiv stats as well as a great good sp.attack stat + a very good defensiv type will make it to at least OU/UU Borderline.

Last edited:
Add more speed to starters. Make Decidueye learn Smack Down by leveling up.

I think they could do better with Incineroar's ability. There was so much they could do-
1. Make a dark Type variation of Aerilate.
2. Change the Fighting type moves to dark Type, and give Incineroar STAB (like Incienroar's variation of Liquid Voice)

I'm disappointed that Incineroar got intimidate.

I think they could do better with Incineroar's ability. There was so much they could do-
1. Make a dark Type variation of Aerilate.
2. Change the Fighting type moves to dark Type, and give Incineroar STAB (like Incienroar's variation of Liquid Voice)

I'm disappointed that Incineroar got intimidate.

Intimidate is really good tho, and neither of those abilities would have been nearly as useful for it since it already gets decent Dark moves

Intimidate is really good tho, and neither of those abilities would have been nearly as useful for it since it already gets decent Dark moves

But it makes more sense for Incineroar to get STAB on Fighting moves, dosen't it? What are those muscles for?
If they could do it with Primarina, I fail to see why didn't they give Incineroar STAB on Fighting moves.

But it makes more sense for Incineroar to get STAB on Fighting moves, dosen't it? What are those muscles for?
If they could do it with Primarina, I fail to see why didn't they give Incineroar STAB on Fighting moves.

I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, I'm saying it would be a mediocre Ability. Incineroar doesn't NEED a Dark type Cross Chop when it has Darkest Lariat chilling at a respectable 85 base power with perfect accuracy. (The only other Fighting moves it gets are weak [brick break and low sweep] or Special [focus blast], so Cross Chop is the only relevant example). On top of that, it WANTS to have Fighting moves. If its Fighting moves turn into Dark moves, then it can't hit Dark types Super Effectively with them. Cross Chop (as a fighting move) OHKOes Tyranitar on the switch. Cross Chop (as a Dark move) is barely a 4 hit KO.

And on top of the fact that this hypothetical Dark->Fighting Ability would be not just useless but actively detrimental by removing valuable coverage options, Intimidate is REALLY good. There's several reasons why Lando-T and Mega Manectric and Gyarados and all them are so good, but Intimidate is one of them. It's massively useful as an emergency check to deadly physical sweepers.

I expected the Rowlet line to learn at least Air Cutter. They're so physical instead, which I wasn't expecting. I think Decidueye should also be able to learn Phantom Force too through level up.

EDIT: Also give Decidueye Aerial Ace and Shadow Sneak, Incineroar Flying Press and the Popplio line Bubble. That really bugged me that they have all that bubble lore but only learn Bubblebeam, and rather late at that too.

Last edited:
For me Incineroar could get even Soundproof , think of it longer.
The tiger needs only Circle Throw now.

Deciduey , does it learn a dragon, fairy or ice move? if not then what would fit it best?

For me Incineroar could get even Soundproof , think of it longer.
The tiger needs only Circle Throw now.

Deciduey , does it learn a dragon, fairy or ice move? if not then what would fit it best?

What's the logic behind Incineroar getting Soundproof? What is it about Incineroar that screams 'Soundproof' to you?

Please don't say so it can deal with Primarina

What's the logic behind Incineroar getting Soundproof? What is it about Incineroar that screams 'Soundproof' to you?

Please don't say so it can deal with Primarina
take Primarinas ability(all sound moves are turned water typed) and moveset and say to me it again? I also would want something better, but its only a posibility.(Hidden Ability, if it becomes a mega it can get something else even type change from fire/dark into fire/fairy)

take Primarinas ability(all sound moves are turned water typed) and moveset and say to me it again? I also would want something better, but its only a posibility.(Hidden Ability, if it becomes a mega it can get something else even type change from fire/dark into fire/fairy)

Primarina's whole schtick is that she's a Water type singer, as in sound. It absolutely makes perfect sense for her.

And Intimidate is a fantastic ability. Boring as fuck, but fantastic. Honestly, Soundproof would be a major downgrade.

And why the fuck would it become Fire/Fairy? It's a heel wrestler. There's nothing 'fairy' about him.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom