I almost thought this was a satire, and binge watched everything Ash-related from the Drasna battle.Clip show that’s airing Friday
I wonder if that Ash vs Red from the new Masters trailer will be important somehow? They did make a point about Ash training for the M8 in Pasio. Is it just for fun or could this be relevant to the upcoming Leon battle? Red is usually associated with Charizard, isn't he?
Sounds logical..Okay, so apparently this is going to be the team Cynthia will use against Ash:
Essentially it's the team she uses in Platinum, except for Kommo-o taking Lucario's place. If it's accurate, I'm really happy about that because Cynthia's Platinum team is my personal favorite, as in my opinion it's the one that fits her character the best. Plus, we'll finally get to see a Togekiss that isn't Dawn's in a major role! Not to mention Spiritomb not being a villain for once.
Ash vs. Cynthia special preview:
Kinda sad too lolThis might be where that song about Ash's feeling he can't reach the top of the championship comes on; he seems frustrated at points.
Kind of funny that this is the most the reserves have done in years.
I do not know if that is technically spoiler, since we see it all in preview, but nevertheless
Edit: I had them hidden with spoiler tag, but since the whole thread is marked "spoilers", I take it is redundant
- No Kommo-o, that's a bummer
- Dragonite does not even take on Garchomp, again, training with Unfezant shows and Goodra sends her regards (after PWC therapy session with headline "How does Ash take on pseudolegendaries in his team for them not to amount to much when the going gets though" starring both of them) - although still hoping Dragonite will get proper showdown against Leon's Dragapult
- On that note - it does seem that not one match against Paul was entirely prophetic
- At least Pikachu jobbing does not seem validated, but Ash is still unreasonably behind - It seems the quick preview of scoreboard shows quick change of double knock-out of Pikachu and Spiritomb - so Spiritomb joins just Gastrodon as fallen Pokémon, Roserade and Togekiss have battled already but have been withdrawn. Ash has already Dragonite and Gengar down. To be fair, all three with Pikachu must have dealt a ton of damage, so that it would be at least believable that Sirfetch'd, Dracovish and Lucario can dispose of Milotic, Roserade and Togekiss swiftly (Lucario seems to be taking care of Togekiss - flying Pokémon with fighting move, but whatever I guess). To have enough steam do defeat Garchomp. IF Lucario defeats Garchomp "mono-a-mono", that's simply stretching it too much. Even Pikachu needed one very solid hit-lead from Dracovish to beat Steven's Metagross. I would say at least one direct Meteor Assault from Sirfetch'd or Dragon Rush from Dracovish is needed as starting difference, Lucario simply is not the 2nd most powerful Pokémon in Anime, yet. A even his Gigantamax Aura Sphere has a kicker - it very well works against G-Max stationary Pokémon, but I cannot imagine it hitting Diatnha's Gardevoir or Steven's agile Metagross for example. Hopefully we are not getting something like Ash vs Drasna, but "gigantamaxed"
- Would those fans be important later?
- You guys at Oak's - stop chearing and take flight to help, it would otherwise take not plot armour, but plot fortress against Leon
- How does Milotic dare to make Kamon's badass thrown shield useless again (if I see correctly)
- Would like to see subtitles
I was wondering that myself. Maybe a sign that the VA is tired of her role as Cynthia? She has been doing it for 12 years.If true
I wonder if there’s an irl reason for the writers to retire her. As in universe I can believe she would want Ash to be her final battle. But out of universe there isn’t a clear replacement like an Iris for Alder or Steven for Wallace (Maybe Paul but they just established his gym leader thing but I guess Iris was similar lol) so retiring her means we’re never getting anything champion or at least Sinnoh champion needed again
See, this is the kind of writing I wish the writers were allowed to do. Have fun with the lore and characters, outside of their usual positions. It keeps the world feeling fresh and ever-changing. In a way it might be how they handle future parts of the anime.
Despite Lucian being the supposed big-dog of the Sinnoh E4 (not sure if that was ever implied in D&P anime), I could easily see Flint taking her place. He was pushing against Leon, and the other top six members, prior to this tournament, and was constantly challenging Cynthia herself for the Champion title. So, he could easily be seen as capable enough.
Honestly, I thought Flint was going to be one of Ash’s PWC match-ups at some point, as he seemed to have the biggest influence/connection to Ash out of all of the high-ranking battlers in the anime, besides Kukui if you count him (not sure about Leon).
the obvious replacement for Cynthia would be Paul. But in the anime you never know. I can see a random trainer taking over. It is interesting that both Alder and Cynthia seem to retire. While Flint could also be an option I don't see him willing to do so.
He probably would decline knowing Flint, cause I would assume he would like to earn it rather than a hand-out, but I’m not sure about Paul.
Someday I could see it, but with him literally just getting offered the gym-leader role, I don't envision that. I don’t think he would rush into a position like that. Even if that wasn’t the case, he would decline it like Flint, to try and earn it.
Maybe they would just have the E4 battle it out to crown the new champion, and replace the position of E4 with someone else.
On the other hand, I raise name to one candidate …Tobias, champion?
Okay, I know, that would be too much.
Well, Lucario did learn Bullet Punch in the practice battle against Paul's Gyarados, and it also has Steel Beam. Both of those are effective against Togekiss.(Lucario seems to be taking care of Togekiss - flying Pokémon with fighting move, but whatever I guess).