• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS: Masters Eight Discussion/Speculation Thread

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of people talking about their speculations for the Master Class, so I figured a thread dedicated for the subject wouldn't be a bad idea.

What opponents will Ash face in the Master Class? Who are the four other Master Class members we don't know of yet? What kind of moves his Pokémon will use? And, of course, the big question is: will he beat Leon or not?

At the moment my wild speculation is Ash's Master-class battles will be Lance, Cynthia, and Leon, based off the image after he defeated Volkner. We also saw Bea and Raihan there; my bet is he takes Raihan's place in the Master-class.
It would also fit pretty well with how the show works: the most recent champion, the current remake champion, and Kanto.

He's obviously battling Lance because they showed him as one of Ash's opponents in 4 different ending montages now.

Feel like we'll get 2 6v6s and 1 3v3, with Leon and Cynthia being his major opponents. Raihan is pretty likely for a 3v3 imo, fits the standard gym battle format

Can't say if he'll battle Lance tbh, 4 battles seems like a lot unless they can squeeze another 3v3 in

Feel like we'll get 2 6v6s and 1 3v3, with Leon and Cynthia being his major opponents. Raihan is pretty likely for a 3v3 imo, fits the standard gym battle format
While a 3v3 against Raihan is definitely most likely, I'd love it if the Gym battle you have against him in the games was referenced by making it a 4v4 double battle.

Can't say if he'll battle Lance tbh, 4 battles seems like a lot unless they can squeeze another 3v3 in
I don't see why they would constantly include Lance in those character montages 4 different times looking at Ash if they weren't going to face off. I also don't see a Gym leader like Raihan happening after Lance.

If they wanted to imply Lance would be an opponent, then they they should do literally anything with him. He hasn't shown up in person once since his battle with Leon. He isn't even in the intro despite appearing before Raihan or Bea.

If they wanted to imply Lance would be an opponent, then they they should do literally anything with him. He hasn't shown up in person once since his battle with Leon. He isn't even in the intro despite appearing before Raihan or Bea.
Well nobody but Leon was in the newest intro not even Cynthia or Raihan so I don't think that means anything.

So, I'm thinking we now have 6 of the Masters 8 being Flint, Paul, Raihan, Lance, Cynthia, and Leon. I suppose Paul could be in Ultra Class at rank #9, but how many battles can we expect to squeeze in, in ~8 months? I just think at this point you might as well have Ash face Flint to get in.

As for the remaining slots, Steven and Diantha seem like obvious choices. Kukui's a dad, so probably not. Tyson, Tobias, and Alain feel like long shots. Two out-of-nowhere wild cards that come to mind would be the winner of the Indigo league and, Benga on second thought, maybe Hop.

Last edited:
I think Paul will be the last Ultra Class battle Ash has. I don't think he'll be in Master Class.

Masters Eight
Leon (Gen 8 rep)
Lance (Gen 1 and 2 rep)
Cynthia (Gen 4 rep)
Raihan Gen 8 rep)
Wallace (Gen 3 rep)
Flint (Gen 4 rep)
Iris (Gen 5 rep)
Gen 6 character (Most likely Diantha or Wulfric are my bets).

Flint will most likely drop out when Ash enters. Ash being the Champion of Alola will be the gen 7 rep.

Another thing they can always do as well later on, is let Raihan drop out after he has lost to Ash and has fallen to rank 8, then let a gen 9 character take over for him so every gen has a rep.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom