• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS: Masters Eight Discussion/Speculation Thread

Excited to see this battle. Leon's clearly changed his style as he's allowing himself to use and switch between pokemon it seems, instead of just going ham with his Rillaboom.

Curious what the teased promise is and if it is 3 gimmicks after all.

Curious what the teased promise is and if it is 3 gimmicks after all.
I think the reveal that Leon has all three Galar starters slightly increases the chances of three gimmicks being allowed for each trainer in the finals.

I thought it was a bit weird that Journeys might be ending soon before Gou gets the opportunity to show off G-Max Cinderace and G-Max Inteleon, but he won't have to if Leon can showcase them instead. We've already seen G-Max Rillaboom in the battle against Alain, so assuming Leon gets to use Dynamax three times in the finals, I'm betting he'll G-Max the other two Galar starters and Charizard.

Dawn made it! I don't see any of the others, so maybe they're being kept hidden, or only she made it (possibly because of BD/SP), or we'll see brief shots of the others seeing it on TV.

That Lucario and Sirfetch'd bit was pretty nice (I think the same happened back vs Crasher Wake when Pika switched for Buizel?).

Oak still seems to be at the lab since Noivern is behind him.

Honestly, while I am happy to see Dawn again and that she's cheering on Ash in person, I'm also glad that Chloe is there too. It still feels so bizarre to me that she didn't come to Galar to watch his matches alongside Goh. I know that she isn't into battles and she doesn't get much screentime in general, but showing her support Ash during his Master Class battles would have been nice.

Predictions:
Torrent:
Pikachu vs Cinderace: Pikachu is recalled
Gengar vs Cinderace: Cinderace is recalled
Gengar vs Mr. Rime: Gengar wins
GMAX Gengar vs GMAX Inteleon: Inteleon wins
Toying Around:
Dracovish vs Inteleon: Dracovish wins
Dracovish vs Rillaboom: Rillaboom wins
Sirfetch’d vs Rillaboom: Sirfetch’d wins
Sirfetch’d vs Cinderace: Cinderace wins
Strongest:
Lucario vs GMAX Cinderace: Lucario wins
Dragonite vs Dragapult: Dragonite wins
Dragonite vs Charizard: Charizard wins
Part IV:
Mega Lucario vs GMAX Charizard: Charizard wins
The Nuke vs GMAX Wildfire: Both attacks cancel leaving a base battle between…
Pikachu vs Charizard: Pikachu wins

I have to say, I'm very excited for this final battle between Ash and Leon. In fact, I don't think I've been this excited for something upcoming in the Pokemon anime in a very long time! :giggle: For me at least, it all looks great (by Journeys standards,) please, please, if nothing else, just finish strong at the very least Journeys.

I'm not gonna lie, while it does make sense for Leon to have all the Galar Starters on his team (since it makes him an even stronger parallel to Ash by mirroring his OS team buildup), a big part of me would have preferred to see him use other Gen 8 Pokemon instead, since we have seen Cinderace and Inteleon get decent use under Goh while well over half the Galar dex can count themselves lucky to get so much as a background cameo. I mean, how cool would it have been to see, say, a Boltund, a Polteageist, or a Falinks in action for example?

Leon not using Eternatus is a relief, though. But I still think it's possible it will play a role: since Leon now has a total of FOUR Pokemon that can have the Gigantamax factor, I still think Eternatus might end up boosting Wyndon Stadium's Dynamax energy so that the gimmick can be used more than once. This would not only free up Ash to use all his gimmicks, but if Leon Gigantamaxes all his Galar Starters and Charizard, then Pikachu could easily end up using both his Z-Move and his G-Max form.

I'm not gonna lie, while it does make sense for Leon to have all the Galar Starters on his team (since it makes him an even stronger parallel to Ash by mirroring his OS team buildup), a big part of me would have preferred to see him use other Gen 8 Pokemon instead, since we have seen Cinderace and Inteleon get decent use under Goh while well over half the Galar dex can count themselves lucky to get so much as a background cameo. I mean, how cool would it have been to see, say, a Boltund, a Polteageist, or a Falinks in action for example?
I think they want to stick with the Galar Pokémon he has in the games.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom