• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS: New opening and ending: "Mega V (Mega Volt)" and "Peace Smile"

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
With the airing of XY029 and XY030 a new opening and a new ending were introduced. The song "Mega V (Mega Volt)" was first used in the credits of the first Mega Evolution special. The associated opening confirms that Ash's Fletchling will evolve and that Ash will catch a Hawlucha. It also shows Shauna, Tierno and Trevor will make a future anime appearance with Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander respectively.

Well, it was expected that the bird would evolve, but I was still hoping Ash would box it and never use it again. :p

It is nice to have a confirmation about Hawlucha's capture, though. Can't wait to see what kind of personality it will have in the anime.

And SHAUNA, yes. I didn't expect her to appear in the anime, that is really nice. I hope she acts as rival for Ash, instead of being related to Serena just because she is female.

I'm hoping that since they gave those three Kanto they won't give any to the main cast. That's been one of my biggest fears for this saga.

Can't wait to see Fletchinder, though!

I'm not really excited that Shauna, Trevor and Tierno are going to appear at all. They weren't interesting to me in the games, so the writers will have to be creative like they were with the gym leaders. I'm glad they got the Kanto starters instead of the Kalos starters because Ash's group already has them. I wonder if they'll make the group as a rival group, and if any of them is collecting gym badges.

I'm sad Clemont's not wearing swim trunks (sighs you were right!) Must be hot day, Korrina's in the shade, sucking on a Popsicle like a baby with it's pacifier, and reading her book. Trevor, Tierno, and Shauna. Rivals? And Shauna must be Clemont's BFF.

asjhsgahgahbshsg the new opening and ending were cool, SPOILERS!! yasss Fletchinder and Hawlucha are awesome, Ash's team is looking good, great to see Shauna, Trevor and Tierno are set to appear in the anime.

I really don't like the remix of the opening. They usually grow on me, but it takes out so much of what I liked about the original version of it.

The new opening and ending were nice! Especially the opening, it was pretty awesome seeing Hawlucha and Fletchinder with the group. And then of course, Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno were shown. Not just shown, but they had the Kanto starters with them. Here's hoping to see them be prominent rival-type of characters either for just Ash or maybe even split it up somehow between Ash, Serena, and Clemont. Either way, I'm excited to see them!

I watched the vid and thoughts:
- the techno feel is... weird. Maybe it'll grow on me.
- the visuals are nice. Like the battle scene with Diantha
- I almost expected Alan to make a cameo in this opening along with the Megas (like as a shadow or something). But then again, he's a special-episode only character as of now.

How long will this remixed opening last? It doesn't seem to include much after the Shalour Gym Battle.

I wouldn't want to think that this opening is expected to last 20+ episodes with Serena still not getting any new pokemon for that period of time.

The opening was better than I expected. The visuals were better than normal Volt, because it showed more stuff and used more scenarios outside the "generic Kalos plains". My only complain is that there were too much Diantha scenes, and I don't think she's coming back anytime soon. They should've replaced some of that scenes with others that promote the movie.

I am very dissapointed with the ending, as I've never been a fan of Pokemon dancing endings, and the first XY ending was just terrible. At least it showed 3 or 4 cute shots of humans hanging together.

With all those breaks, this arc will probably last until late August, and with remakes coming in november, there are high chances of seeing a new opening after this one instead of coming bakc to regular Volt.

How long will this remixed opening last? It doesn't seem to include much after the Shalour Gym Battle.

I wouldn't want to think that this opening is expected to last 20+ episodes with Serena still not getting any new pokemon for that period of time.
Be an Arrow! 2013 only lasted three months (the duration of Episode N), so I wouldn't be surprised to see a new opening as early as September. The song is just a remix.

The new opening is really cool. Seeing Lucario, along with Mega Lucario, is awesome and the focus on Mega Evolution/Mega Stones is pretty cool too. It works pretty well. I'm still not sure how I feel about Ash catching a Hawlucha since he already has a Flying type, but I'll probably be more okay with it depending on what moves it learns and how Ash captures it. I'm also not thrilled about Shauna, Trevor and Tierno appearing in the anime. I didn't care for them in the games at all. They were quite bland and Tierno was downright unnecessary. I would have been perfectly fine if they didn't appear at all to be perfectly honest. The writers would definitely need to do something really interesting and creative with them to make me interested in them. At least they're using them to showcase the Kanto starters instead giving any of them to the main characters. The ending theme was a cute and fun song with a nice beat.

The Hawlucha knows High Jump Kick and a physical attack that turns Hawlucha's hand white (probably Karate Chop).

I don't like this opening at all song wise, the ending is decent tho.

Last edited:
I'm also not thrilled about Shauna, Trevor and Tierno appearing in the anime. I didn't care for them in the games at all. They were quite bland and Tierno was downright unnecessary. I would have been perfectly fine if they didn't appear at all to be perfectly honest. The writers would definitely need to do something really interesting and creative with them to make me interested in them. At least they're using them to showcase the Kanto starters instead giving any of them to the main characters. The ending theme was a cute and fun song with a nice beat.

Ummm maybe the writers will do a decent job with them? I wouldn't jump the gun so fast but eh... after all they managed to make Diantha an interesting character in the anime imo.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom