• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS: New opening and ending: "Mega V (Mega Volt)" and "Peace Smile"

I liked the new intro, the remix was just as nice as the other one imo. Bonnie and her Tyrantrum pajamas tho. I can't get enough. And I really liked how Bunnelby was shown helping Clemont with his invention when he didn't appear at all in the old one with Chespin just being funny in the background. And it seems Serena is still fangirling over Diantha. Also, really glad with how Ash's team is looking. Hawlucha looks like a fine addition. Also, all those mega stones though. I'm excited to see Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor appearing with the Kanto starters as they should have in the games. I just hope one of them will be a rival for Serena.

The ending was miles better than the last one imo. I never even watched the other one I hated it so much. Here we got to see all of the main casts Pokémon dancing and shots the group hanging out together. Also I'm so glad that Clemont has a one piece swimsuit. I was really hoping he would, but never expected it would actually happen. Bonnie's was cute too. And it was nice to see the Masterbeachball again.

So I'm loving both of these much more than the others.

The visuals in the opening are stunning, but the audio was meh. My favorite part has to be when Chespin gets its arm trapped in the thing.

Just checked these out. MUH OPINIONSSS:

The opening animation was really nice! Nice to see that the 3 XY friends will appear and they have the Kanto starters, so that's a relief for me. I don't want anymore Kanto starters on a main character's team, that will be overkill since May already has Bulba and Squirtle as well. With how they appear in the opening, I hope they will be good rivals. Ash-Tierno, Serena-Shauna, and Clemont-Trevor are the likely match ups. The remix song was very meh. It had taken me a while to warm up and like "V".

The ending was very cute! The little slice-of-life comic panels are a nice touch. I just hope the "PIKACHU"s aren't actually in the full song (probably are), it's like it appeared every few seconds. A nice song otherwise.

I thought the animation for the opening was very well done, but I didn't care for the music itself very much. I did think that the ending song was rather nice though. I'm not sure how I feel about Shauna, Trevor and Tierno appearing in the anime, I really hope that they make them interesting and give them a real purpose for being there.

Ummm maybe the writers will do a decent job with them? I wouldn't jump the gun so fast but eh... after all they managed to make Diantha an interesting character in the anime imo.

I didn't say that they wouldn't be able to do a decent job with them. All I said was that I thought that they were bland in the games and would have been quite fine with them not appearing in the anime at all. I'm not sure where you think I'm jumping the gun. I haven't seen Diantha's appearance in the anime yet, but if they could make a character like her interesting after she was boring and practically nonexistent for the bulk of the game, I guess there's hope for those three. If they make them more interesting, then that's nice, but I still would have been fine with the anime not including them completely.

Good opening with a horrible song.

When was the last time the dub had a better opening? because that's what is happening right now.

When was the last time the dub had a better opening? because that's what is happening right now.
Pokemon Johto and Unbeatable, but that's just my opinion XD

But omg THIS OPENING! The animation was just amazing! I really enjoyed this opening for a few reasons beyond the incredible animation and how awesome the XY group is together.
-The appearance of Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor. I'm really excited that they're going to be appearing and the way the opening showcases them, I get the feeling they're gonna be the big rivals. XY could use some rivals for the main cast and the way I see it, Tierno could be Ash's rival, Shauna could be Serena's rival, and Trevor could be Clemont's rival.
-The battles! The battles between Ash and Champion Diantha, along with Ash and Korrina just looked fantastic!
-Serena still fangirls over Diantha. Its just a nice bit they added and I find it hilarious how Diantha just walks by without Serena or ANYONE noticing.
-HAWLUCHA AND FLETCHINDER! We now have 100% confirmation that Ash will be catching a Hawlucha very soon, most likely by XY 35. Also we now know Fletchling will evolve very soon. Really excited for this!

If I may give a more detailed description seeing as I now have a computer available...

I'm happy to see that Fletchling will be evolving and Hawlucha is confirmed, though those events were practically confirmed already. Seeing as I used the Talonflame line in my Y version, I'm really happy that is is getting focus in the anime. I'm not really a Hawlucha fan, though I think it looks a lot better animated and I'm thinking that the anime will be able to make me a believer.

I'm actually glad that we get to see Tierno, Shauna, and Trevor. I personally liked them in the game, but hopefully they'll be a lot better in the anime. Seeing as how they're in the opening I assume they'll have some importance, and I can only hope that one of them will be a rival for Ash. Lord knows Ash is in need of a good rival. Also glad to see they don't have Kalos starters. If they are indeed going to play significant roles, I'd rather they use Pokémon that the main cast doesn't have. My only worries with them as of now is that they won't get fully developed, but I have some trust in the writers this saga.

My only disappointment is that Serena isn't shown with any new Pokémon. Here's to hoping Fennekin will get some major development, seeing as she isn't going to catch any Pokémon in the near future.

Personally I'm a bit disappointed no new Pokémon or evolutions for Clemont or Serena were revealed, because they (especially Serena) need something new. Instead we have Fletchinder and Hawlucha which were already revealed through pre-release movie material. But I guess that if Clemont or Serena would get something new, we would have known through pre-release movie material too. I'm still very excited about Fletchinder and Hawlucha, though.

I'm neutral on Shauna, Tierno and Trevor appearing. I'll admit I wasn't the biggest fan of them in the games, but then again, there have been game-to-anime transitions of game characters before where the anime incarnation made me like the character. I hope this will happen here too. Good choice to have the trio have the Kanto starters instead of any of the group. I wonder if Shauna, Tierno and Trevor will be a traveling group like Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie. We've never really had another traveling group, so that would be interesting.

On the songs: I'm really not a big fan of the new opening song. Probably need to get used to it. The ending song is fine.

I can't believe they managed to end up make Tierno of all people look badass. I would have thought since shauna had the largest role in the games she'd be the one in the center.

If they make it far enough I'd expect Ash's mega charizard to destroy Tierno's mega blastoise in the league to restore the honor the Charizard race lost when Alan was defeated by Siebold.

Enjoyed the opening overall; the song was okay. The best part for me was the revelation of the 3 rivals. In the game I wasn't really attached to them, but I'm excited to see how they will be portrayed on the show. And of course, Diantha looks lovely.

Oh yeah, Hoopa brings a good point. I wonder if we can expect to see mego evos for the "rival" trio.

I actually like the remix of the opening, maybe even more than the original version. It will certainly grow on me quickly, at least. And, of course, the scenes used for it are nice, too. Looking forward to seeing how the game rivals will be treated.

I liked the original a lot, and I like this one too. The rivals appearing, the spoilers for Ash's team, all the Mega Lucario stuff... I love all this bits of upcoming plot stuff. I'm confident the writers can make the rivals well-loved and memorable like the games didn't quite do. However, the scenes of Ash battling Diantha, and the pattern of the floor in Diantha's room from the games... this teasing reminds me a lot of Episode N in how exciting the opening was, and I just hope that this time the actual episodes will match.

Loved the opening, especially the way they presented Diantha and how the Gardevoirite was at the center among the spinning Mega Stone, it makes me feel like it adds a little bit of importance to my favorite 'mon: Gardevoir. My one little nitpick is at the very ending of the opening where the singer adds that last verse after enumerating the types, it kinda breaks the mood. I mean it slowly and nicely comes to a conclusion after enumerating the types and then just abruptly shoves that last line in there. It doesn't even any relation to the overall theme of the animation (Mega Evolution and whatnot): 黄色い花開く - "The yellow flowers open". I fail to see the necessity of putting this last.

As for the ending, meh, not crazy about it, but nothing against it. Just your ordinary Pokemon ending.

Uh is that sanitary? Bunnelby holding Clemont's wrench in it's mouth, I know it can't hold things so it carries things in it's mouth. Does it really get that hot in Kalos? I mean they perfectly illustrated a hot day (that's what's what recommended on a hot when you have no AC or fan). Sucking on a popsicle, sitting under the tree, and reading her journal tells you one thing "It's a hot day and it's too hot to move". Is Bonnie in the Pokemon center or Korrina's house? (Update: the flashback in episode 33 looks like the room Bonnie was sleeping in, so they are at Korrina's house. I hope Korrina and Clemont aren't sharing a room, that'd be bad and inappropriate) What a surprise, Trevor, Tierno, and Shauna, wasn't expecting those guys. (Please pull a Bianca to make up for the ending). I love how Korrina's battling Ash in that near rain weather on the tower of mastery, looks epic.

(For Peace smile)
I was expecting swim trunks on Clemont! Not a one piece suit! No we never get shirtless Clemont! He may be the first ever male traveling partner to not go shirtless. Or they may surprise with a shirtless Clemont later on in the series, but it won't be the beach, counting on a hot day, sauna, hot springs, spa, massage, or damaged/lost clothes. Why does Clemont look like he has eyelashes when Serena made them those beautiful hats?

Last edited:
A new opening only 28 (29) episodes into the series? Seems kind of quick to me.

I also noticed that there wasn't even a hint of the Flare-Dan in this opening. I guess they're waiting to see what the third version brings so they don't do a repeat of the Plasma-Dan.

Sweenix said:

When was the last time the dub had a better opening?

Never :p

And the thing with both V (Volt) and now Mega V (Mega Volt) is that they're great songs ruined by a bad singer. Looking at Yuusuke's live performances also reveals that he has no stage presence whatsoever and really just seems to be going through the motions. They really should have found somebody else to do this song.

The ending theme is worlds better than its predecessor.

Fletchling's evolution & Hawlucha's capture I knew about mainly due to Takara Tomy's release schedule. Figures for both Pokemon are being made. For the former the only reason i could think of is because Ash's is evolving. For Hawlucha I knew someone would get it, but wasn't sure until a new Ash set got pictured online, and then saw it belonged to him.

I'm guess the lack of the Flare Gang is tied into the inclusion of Corni. I can't see Corni staying with Satoshi and friends once we hit the fall season, so I suspect the Opening will change then and we will see a new opening that focuses on the Flare Gang and whatever new elements hit for the new games.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom