• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] Silhouettes in JN065

So Bea and Volkner are a no brainer, of course. The other three remaining characters, however, are definitely a lot harder to decipher (if there's anything to decipher at all lol).

Out of the 5, the second from left to right has a striking familiarity to their silhouette, and I can't quite put my finger on whether I'm even thinking of a Pokémon character. The closest I've come to sorta figuring it out who am I thinking of are A .J. and as @ii kanji mentioned, Sho, but I'm still not convinced. I don't think any of the other characters mentioned in this thread fit either. I think it could also be Drake now that I'm looking at more characters.

Middle character could be Surge or Bruno, but their hairstyle doesn't really fit imo. It looks a bit like SM Brock, but the character's jaw is too wide for them to be Brock. This CotD from an episode I don't even remember looks strikingly similar tho lmao.

The fourth character looks a lot like Solidad, but I'm sure someone like Sabrina would make more sense. I don't think it's neither Cynthia nor Lucy nor Nessa, because the hair is pretty plain. I was trying to look for characters with a Jigglypuff or a Clefable, but I haven't found a good match, until I realized that there might actually be 6 human characters in the picture, and that's just Shauntal.

Last edited:
I think this is Nessa. (Look at the End Tips of her Hair.)
C00CFD73-F2AA-4E6B-8C5F-DB7474D0B7BE-1.jpg

Pokémon-Twilight-Wings-Nessa-1024x574.png

So Bea and Volkner are a no brainer, of course. The other three remaining characters, however, are definitely a lot harder to decipher (if there's anything to decipher at all lol).

Out of the 5, the second from left to right has a striking familiarity to their silhouette, and I can't quite put my finger on whether I'm even thinking of a Pokémon character. The closest I've come to sorta figuring it out who am I thinking of are A .J. and as @ii kanji mentioned, Sho, but I'm still not convinced. I don't think any of the other characters mentioned in this thread fit either. I think it could also be Drake now that I'm looking at more characters.

Middle character could be Surge or Bruno, but their hairstyle doesn't really fit imo. It looks a bit like SM Brock, but the character's jaw is too wide for them to be Brock. This CotD from an episode I don't even remember looks strikingly similar tho lmao.

The fourth character looks a lot like Solidad, but I'm sure someone like Sabrina would make more sense. I don't think it's neither Cynthia nor Lucy nor Nessa, because the hair is pretty plain. I was trying to look for characters with a Jigglypuff or a Clefable, but I haven't found a good match, until I realized that there might actually be 6 human characters in the picture, and that's just Shauntal.
Well, Kiyo isn't a CotD, as he appears in the games as well...

Volkner and Bea are obvious and I think Sabrina is one of them as well. I don't know the other two, they seem way to generic.

Sho, Kiyo, Harrison, etc. would be a nice choice, though.

I mean, it has to be Nessa, since why else just make them silhouttes, since we already know about past trainers. They want her appearance to be a surprise. They already revealed Bea, so no need to hide her anymore, especially since we know she would return anyways.

Same reasoning i am using with Surge. Why would they put Surge in the background instead of Volkner. Surge was teased to return in this series at some point, so it makes more sense to put him next to Bea and to keep Volkners return a complete surprise by putting him on the background.

So what we think is Surge, has to be a trainer that we don't know about returning and its return has to be more of a surprise than Volkners and my bet is on either a former rival of Ash or a past companion. My money is still on Brock, however, another possibility and i doubt many want to hear this because of the hairstyle is Cameron.

You know, the one behind Volkner has a gen 8 character as a small possibility, with Kabu.

Last edited:
So which is that Pokemon?
As everyone has said it could be Jigglypuff or Vulpix, it also look some sort of kubfu.
Could it be Bea's Machamp?
068MS8.png

I could see this one happening and Ash vs Bea might be a 3 on 3 battle. So we need another opponent from Bea which is stronger than Grapploct. Also Machamp's her ace in the Games.
So my money is on Machamp.

I'd say the only silhouette that can't really be identified is the guy right next to Volkner. If I had to guess I'd say it's some generic COT that will have his debut soon.

The only non-original girl that would explain a Jigglypuff/Clefairy (probably the former since it was included in the original poster) is Green's currently non-existent anime counterpart. Neither Lillie nor Mina had one in the anime, and they're hardly worthy of Hyper Class. The problem is that Green's hair isn't straight, but it's just a silhouette and they might take design liberties as they did with Ash.

Why would they finally acknowledge her existence? For one thing, Kanto needs a champion and Lance has been demoted. For another, Ash needs a proper rival, not just a myriad of strong trainers.

The only non-original girl that would explain a Jigglypuff/Clefairy (probably the former since it was included in the original poster) is Green's currently non-existent anime counterpart. Neither Lillie nor Mina had one in the anime, and they're hardly worthy of Hyper Class. The problem is that Green's hair isn't straight, but it's just a silhouette and they might take design liberties as they did with Ash.

Why would they finally acknowledge her existence? For one thing, Kanto needs a champion and Lance has been demoted. For another, Ash needs a proper rival, not just a myriad of strong trainers.

Ummm Whitney has a Clefairy. Maybe she grew out her hair to appear less like a little girl.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, we never got a glimpse of the Kanto League champion... It would be nice if they introduced Leaf/Green as the winner of that conference.

Bonus points if they pull something like with Blaine and show her two designs.

EDIT: Yes, I still think both of them are the same person.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom