• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] Silhouettes in JN065

Based on hairstyle, i am going with Kabu.

Kabu's hair isn't spiky though

Looks more like Sho from DP
Sho.png

I blame the lack of coordination between the anime and game divisions on that one... Which also affected Bianca and Cheren.

I wouldn't be surprised if that affected Iris as well. I really doubt that they would have been aware of Iris being the new Champion in B2/W2 at the start of BW, especially if the sequels were a last minute decision like I remember reading about, so that easily could have affected what their original plans for Iris were and/or their decisions with her for the rest of the series.

I also thought of Lillie after watching the woman, but her hips are definitely not those of a girl. My money is on Lucy, since she lacks Nessa's bun and Nessa has shorter hair. (Through there's also the possibility that they ignored those details on purpose to make the silhouette more ambiguous).

One of the male silhouettes really looks like Lt Surge, but I'd prefer if it wasn't him since 3 Electric gym battles would be overkill (at least bring our boy Clemont back!).

Let's see:
  • Bea & Grapploct are clearly outlined.
  • As are Volkner and his Luxray. I found that Gym Battle lacking, so seeing a second take may allow for a better skirmish than the first. Also, more Luxray animation!
Speculation:
  • The male to the left looks to be either Drake or Sho in my opinion. I really think it is the former, as a Sho rematch would be another Pikachu Vs. Raichu fight that we already had with Visquez... Unless, since Sho is a Pikachu-line Trainer, they use him as a vehicle for a Pikachu Vs. Alolan Raichu fight, which we have not had yet. If it isn't Sho, then there is Drake. A 6 v 6 rematch may be interesting, especially as that would allow Ash's current team to all participate, but we just had a Dragonite battle with Iris. That being said, Drake would allow for this generation of fans to clearly learn that Ash is an Orange Island League Champion.
  • The woman to the right I feel is Sabrina. Ash is already in Kanto and the two of them never did have a conclusive battle - so a rematch could be possible as well as an expansion on her character. They brought back Chuck, of all people, in Journeys, so why not her? However, that doesn't explain the Pokémon next to her... another doll perhaps? I like the Lucy speculation though, too.
  • The guy in the back I feel is the least discernible and probably purposefully so; his frame does not bring to mind any of Ash's previous opponents, so I guess it could be new too. All I've got is Lt. Surge or Bruno, but Surge feels redundant due to Visquez (and especially so if that ends up being Sho) and Bruno feels kind of random, even for a Journeys episode. A part of me feels like it is just a static shadow, to represent no one in particular.

The male to the left looks to be either Drake or Sho in my opinion. I really think it is the former, as a Sho rematch would be another Pikachu Vs. Raichu fight that we already had with Visquez... Unless, since Sho is a Pikachu-line Trainer, they use him as a vehicle for a Pikachu Vs. Alolan Raichu fight, which we have not had yet. If it isn't Sho, then there is Drake. A 6 v 6 rematch may be interesting, especially as that would allow Ash's current team to all participate, but we just had a Dragonite battle with Iris. That being said, Drake would allow for this generation of fans to clearly learn that Ash is an Orange Island League Champion.
It could also be Kabu.
but Surge feels redundant due to Visquez
They hinted at Ash getting a rematch with Surge after Ash's battle with Visquez, so I don't feel he's redundant.

They hinted at Ash getting a rematch with Surge after Ash's battle with Visquez, so I don't feel he's redundant.
They can hint at something and it can be redundant at the same time.
I'm in no mood to see a Raichu just to get KOed by a Pikachu, because, let’s face it, that’s what they’d do for Lt. Surge.

They can hint at something and it can be redundant at the same time.
I'm in no mood to see a Raichu just to get KOed by a Pikachu, because, let’s face it, that’s what they’d do for Lt. Surge.
Even if Surge isn't included, the fact that one of the silhouettes is clearly Volkner means we might still get another "Pikachu better than Raichu" plot anyway, since Volkner also has a Raichu...

Even if Surge isn't included, the fact that one of the silhouettes is clearly Volkner means we might still get another "Pikachu better than Raichu" plot anyway, since Volkner also has a Raichu...
Still, with the Sinnoh promotion, Luxray is the clear focus. Pikachu vs Raichu would be a focal point for any Lt. Surge battle when it’s not for Volkner.
I just hope they’d do Torterra vs Luxray but they won’t...

Still, with the Sinnoh promotion, Luxray is the clear focus. Pikachu vs Raichu would be a focal point for any Lt. Surge battle when it’s not for Volkner.
I just hope they’d do Torterra vs Luxray but they won’t...
Maybe they will? We do know that at least some of the reserves are slated to return, so hopefully that'll include Torterra somewhere down the line and maybe we can finally see it win something for once.

I really don’t see any retuning characters who aren’t game characters making as appearance in Journeys - until that trend has been bucked - I doubt we’re seeing the likes of Paul, Sawyer and Alain, nevermind Sho who appeared in one episode.

I really don’t see any retuning characters who aren’t game characters making as appearance in Journeys - until that trend has been bucked - I doubt we’re seeing the likes of Paul, Sawyer and Alain, nevermind Sho who appeared in one episode.

Anime-original characters returned in Chronicles, it's not totally unprecedented.

Sho does seem very unlikely though. If that silhouette is anyone we've seen before I think it's Drake.

Anime-original characters returned in Chronicles, it's not totally unprecedented.

Sho does seem very unlikely though. If that silhouette is anyone we've seen before I think it's Drake.
Drake would be awesome, but it sort of feels like everyone just sort of agreed at some point to forget the Orange Islands happened. Tracey vanishing, for instance.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom