• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] Sun&Moon Datamine Thread (No story spoilers!)

Can we scan those QR code right away? Cause if this is the case, I'll pick Popplio as my starter and just scan shiny Rowlet into my game instead of soft-reseting thousand of times before obtaining it.

You don't obtain the Pokemon you scan, it's just registered into your Pokedex as "seen". Did you really think getting shinies would be that easy? :ROFLMAO:

Are there any gifs around of the battle animations for the new Pokemon? There was a set of videos that had them but they were taken down by Nintendo.

Read my post above. Do you really think that Game Freak would make shinies so widely accessible?

You don't obtain the Pokemon you scan, it's just registered into your Pokedex as "seen". Did you really think getting shinies would be that easy? :ROFLMAO:

Right, I guess they won't. How stupid of me. :p
Guess I just want a shiny Rowlet so bad I ignore those things.

Just realize that it's pretty useless for Arceus to hold the Fairium Z, as Arceus does not learn any Fairy move at all.

Therefore, Gastly needs a new ability first, then only Gengar can have it.
problem that they changed Levitate to Cursed Body, thats the rumour on the net.

Comala and its Comatose? what would you say to a stronger in stats Wake-up form in future?
when it wakes up by loosing its ability? we got glare acid, mummy and 3 more moves that can make it loose ability. +how would wake up slap against it work?

Last edited:
Just realize that it's pretty useless for Arceus to hold the Fairium Z, as Arceus does not learn any Fairy move at all.
I am sure he must get Dazzling Gleam since he gets all TMs.

Another downside to SM - no national dex. That is just low even for GF in my opinion.

Nope, not all TMs.

Though it's worth noting that Z-Crystals now also change Arceus's type, but not Judgement's type.
I could swear Arceus shared with Mew the ability of being able to learn every TM and HM. Lol

The National Dex being only in one place is so much better than having a new National Dex every new set of games.

The National Dex being only in one place is so much better than having a new National Dex every new set of games.
What do you mean? The whole point of the national dex is to store data of all the pokemon that is not on the regional dex. SM does not have it which is not a good thing.

What do you mean? The whole point of the national dex is to store data of all the pokemon that is not on the regional dex. SM does not have it which is not a good thing.

I think he's talking about the national dex included with Pokebank. Which you need to pay $5 to access.

I still think it's really strange that Sun & Moon don't have a national dex. I'm guessing they really don't want you to try to complete the pokedex in a single game now. I don't think they needed to go so far as to remove the national dex though.

The National Dex will be on Poke Bank in January. That means that you only have to complete the National Dex in one place, Bank, instead of in every single new game that is released.

Having only the regional dex in Sun and Moon, makes it easier to obtain the Shiny Charm. And you only have to collect 300 and not 302, the two being Magearna and Marshadow, instead of over 700 Pokemon.

The National Dex will be on Poke Bank in January. That means that you only have to complete the National Dex in one place, Bank, instead of in every single new game that is released.

Having only the regional dex in Sun and Moon, makes it easier to obtain the Shiny Charm. And you only have to collect 300 and not 302, the two being Magearna and Marshadow, instead of over 700 Pokemon.
That is ridiculous. The national dex should be on the main series games not the unreliable Poke Bank. I do admit getting the shiny charm from getting all regional is useful however.

That is ridiculous. The national dex should be on the main series games not the unreliable Poke Bank. I do admit getting the shiny charm from getting all regional is useful however.
It actually makes sense. Would you rather complete the National Dex completely everytime a new game rolls around? Or would you rather complete it once for a new game and just transfer the next new generation's new Pokemon to Bank?

It actually makes sense. Would you rather complete the National Dex completely everytime a new game rolls around? Or would you rather complete it once for a new game and just transfer the next new generation's new Pokemon to Bank?
But I want to see data on pokemon like Kyurem and Arceus. It costs too much to keep using pokebank so I rather they didn't use it for national dex.

Why should I pay 5 dollars each time to trade my pokemon when I can trade between my two 3DS for free?! That doesn't make sense.
Each time would be only once a year. Trading between yourself isn't free, because you had to buy a second 3DS which costs way more than just five simple dollars.

A 3DS costs $105 dollars on my search.

you've basically spent the equivalent of 21 years of pokebank in order to trade with yourself.

Back
Top Bottom