• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] Sun&Moon Datamine Thread (No story spoilers!)

Each time would be only once a year. Trading between yourself isn't free, because you had to buy a second 3DS which costs way more than just five simple dollars.
At least I don't pay five dollars a year. That is just robbery in my opinion.

A 3DS costs $105 dollars on my search.

you've basically spent the equivalent of 21 years of pokebank in order to trade with yourself.
That is irrelevant to me.

Removing the National Dex is far and away the worst decision Game Freak has ever made (and that's saying something). This isn't a deal-breaker, but it takes these games down several notches. I'm even more upset over this than I was the horrible mishandling of the Regional Variants. So every Pokemon that is not in the Regional Dex is just gonna be #??? on their summary screen? I can't view their Dex entries or view their models without exiting the game & opening a whole different app? This is ridiculous.

Adding a Dex to Bank is fine, but taking it out of the main games is NOT. They are taking features that should be IN THE GAME and putting them in a separate application that requires internet access & a subscription. Anyone who says "It's just $5/year." is missing the point. It could be $0.01/year & it would still not be right. Bank is supposed to be an optional app for people who want/need extra storage. Moves like this are making it less of an optional tool & more of a necessity. Last Gen they take away the transfer method to shove into Bank, this Gen it's the National Dex, what's it gonna be next Gen? Remove all but 3-5 PC boxes? Remove Poke Marts? Where does it end?

I've seen some discussing the possibility that they could patch it in when the Bank update happens in January. If they did, everything would be ok, but considering how they never patched the new Megas into X&Y, I have no faith whatsoever in this happening.

I am mortified over this. We shouldn't allow Game Freak to take things away from us that should always be there. Speak up. Never settle for less.

Whether you agree with me or not, I encourage you to voice your opinions. I really hope this is the last Sun & Moon tirade I have to go on... Good day all.

Last edited:
The people on GameFaqs are going on a rampage over the no National Dex in Sun and Moon. Some people even cancelled their pre-orders! :p

I have to say I'm honestly quite surprised that the supposed* removal of the national dex is so badly received by so many people... it's a bit early, I doubt we have all info yet, the Pokemon aren't removed from the game, unless you hack there aren't many National Dex mon available before the Pokebank update... Can we at least wait with flipping tables, throwing stairs and smashing 3DSs until January. Yet at the same time a vocal minority praises the removal of Triple and Rotation, things with actual direct gameplay value. The Pokemon fanbase is a strange thing...

On a more serious note. I'm really curious if there's a way to evolve Pikachu, Exeggcute and Cubone into their non-alolan evolutions.
Hopefully there is a way, because I'd love to use normal Raichu... which GF can ignore even harder now that it has a flashier cousin.
Is there any info regarding normal Raichu, Exeggutor and Marowak at the moment?

*emphasized because a patch isn't exactly ruled out yet, irregardless of whether or not your faith in GF has reached Rock Bottom.

It's people like ME that keep you printing money

I'm not a financial analyst or anything but I'm 99% sure that Pokemon's largest audiences are elementary schoolers, Japanese people, and nerdy college students. Not hardcore gamers who buy every single Pokemon product ever released. We're just a vocal minority.

A patch would never happen, in my opinion. They didn't even patch XY with the ORAS Megas. Also, why update Bank with the National Dex when Sun and Moon will just be patched later?

The National Dex upgrade is Game Freak's idea to get more Poke Bank subscribers.

A patch would never happen, in my opinion. They didn't even patch XY with the ORAS Megas. Also, why update Bank with the National Dex when Sun and Moon will just be patched later?

The National Dex upgrade is Game Freak's idea to get more Poke Bank subscribers.

I don't know, adding a Dex looks much more easier than adding the new Megas. New megas would ask for new items and new models (and new Pokémon technically since they are treated as that in the data). I believe that just the dex sprites and text are much lighter to an update.

Also they should update how to opbtain Mega Stones, since not all of them are available in the game...

tbh aside from the fact that Bank already doesn't care whether you have or don't have the National Dex, it was slowly become more and more irrelevant and incompatible with Game Freak's design philosophy

I still fail to see the controversy here.

The removal of the National Dex only means that we can no longer access the Dex entries, cries, etc. of Pokémon that aren't in the Alola Dex. Which is like, a borderline aesthetic feature. If somebody wants to read their Pokédex entries so badly, then, well...

Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I still fail to see the controversy here.

The removal of the National Dex only means that we can no longer access the Dex entries, cries, etc. of Pokémon that aren't in the Alola Dex. Which is like, a borderline aesthetic feature. If somebody wants to read their Pokédex entries so badly, then, well...

Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
It doesn't make sense to not include national dex because if you transfer pokemon from other games then you expect to see them in the pokedex. It pretty much suggests that we shouldn't transfer any pokemon that is not in the regional dex.

I've never really filled out a National Pokedex anyway. It's too much work and new games come out eventually, resetting all the hard work again.

However, I fail to understand why GF apparently disabled the feature and gave it monetary value. It creates a certain sense of alienation that you now have to pay money to only somewhat relieve. Seeing ??? on every non-Alolan Pokemon will be slightly frustrating.

Two points to make here. A my friend uses both bank and national dex and she doesnt care to be losing it. If it bothers you that much transfer it to oras and finish it there and just keep your alola pokemon in alola, but I wont completely understand because I do not personally do the national dex I complete the new pokemon for each one maybe regional, but no matter what I do not get the big deal personally. As for the patches does no one remember that they did an update/patch for xy?

So they want people to gravitate more towards the Alola species instead of transferring mons they already know. Doesn't sound bad to me. Plus, a National Dex can always be patched in later.

At least I don't pay five dollars a year. That is just robbery in my opinion.

That is irrelevant to me.
Do you think about what you say before you say it, or do you simply just go ahead?

How is $5 a year Gamefreak's way of robbing you, however, having to purchase an entire console, costing hundreds, perfectly fine? Not to mention trading with yourself takes a very long time, whilst using Pokemon bank can be almost instant.

"Atleast I don't pay $5 a year" No, you only had to pay hundreds more than that to trade with yourself. That quote literally made me laugh.

I'm honestly curious about which Pokemon are catchable and on when you can get them.

Do you think about what you say before you say it, or do you simply just go ahead?

How is $5 a year Gamefreak's way of robbing you, however, having to purchase an entire console, costing hundreds, perfectly fine? Not to mention trading with yourself takes a very long time, whilst using Pokemon bank can be almost instant.

"Atleast I don't pay $5 a year" No, you only had to pay hundreds more than that to trade with yourself. That quote literally made me laugh.
Because you can play games on the 3DS unlike pokebank which doesn't do much else. Plus I don't trust the pokebank to keep my pokemon. I decide what costs is fine by me, not everyone else here.

Back
Top Bottom