• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] Sun&Moon Datamine Thread (No story spoilers!)

They really took a step backwards when it comes to making competitive Pokemon. No methods to catch Pokemon with perfect IVs and egg moves, Hyper Trained IVs can't be passed through breeding and Gen VI's EV training methods (hordes and Super Training) have been replaced with less efficient methods (SOS battles and Poke Pelago).

The level 3 for Poképelago gives 8 EV for a cycle (I believe the cycle was like 15 or 20 minutes?), you can put 18 pokémon at same time (in 3 groups, each group must train the same stat). You can let them there, go to sleep, and when you wake up they will be maxed. That's better for me than ST.

According to this thread Stage 3 adds 4 EVs per session. Meaning it takes 9.5 hours to raise a stat from 100 to 252 IVs and 16 hours to raise it from 0 to 252 (using Beans as well of course). That sounds painfully slow to me.

Is there any info on whether Battle Spot singles is still exclusively 3 v 3?

Effort Training 18 Pokémon while you are sleeping/at work or school still sounds really good to me. I used to use the horde battle system to EV train, but with time it got boring to do so. I really liked the Poképelago system.

I just miss a decent way to grind to level 100, since no more Blissey bases, and BW leveling system again...

Say, I was wondering, what are the names of the player characters? I'm sure they're known from the datamine, but I'm a little afraid to go looking cuz I don't wanna accidentally spoil anything.

Say, I was wondering, what are the names of the player characters? I'm sure they're known from the datamine, but I'm a little afraid to go looking cuz I don't wanna accidentally spoil anything.
I don't think they are known? Like, the opposite gender character don't appear, so I don't know if their name would show up in text files.

Should have kept Super Training. Just another downside to these games. Three downsides to SM: customization, getting less exp points from battles and now no Super Training.

Effort Training 18 Pokémon while you are sleeping/at work or school still sounds really good to me. I used to use the horde battle system to EV train, but with time it got boring to do so. I really liked the Poképelago system.

EV training 18 Pokemon in a single stat. It would take twice as long to fully train them. Probably useful if you want to EV train big amounts of Pokemon, but for 1 or 2 it's still way too slow unless we can train 2 stats at the same time.

At least hordes were much faster and therefore less boring that regular Power item EV training. Personally I found Super Training very useful as well, especially when it came to checking and erasing EVs.

Pokepelago isn't bad from a passive approach since you can just leave a Pokémon there, time how long you need for them to get the amount of EVs you want, and then pick it up later while you focus on other things. It's essentially feature that allows players to create competitive Pokémon without too much time put into them and give them more flexibility with the game.

However, I do think a more involved option should've been available too. Some players want those Pokémon to be competitively set as soon as possible and the new methods don't allow for that. I think keeping Super Training alongside Pokepelago would've been preferable at the very least since then you don't have to wait a long amount of time to get the Pokémon up and ready for your team. If you want, you could just go to Super Training, complete it, and you have your Pokémon set. Horde Battles would've been even more preferable since that allowed Pokémon to get up to par in an even shorter amount of time (though I think the latter may be more a victim of technical limitations).

EV training 18 Pokemon in a single stat. It would take twice as long to fully train them. Probably useful if you want to EV train big amounts of Pokemon, but for 1 or 2 it's still way too slow unless we can train 2 stats at the same time.

At least hordes were much faster and therefore less boring that regular Power item EV training. Personally I found Super Training very useful as well, especially when it came to checking and erasing EVs.

We can train 3 differents stats, but in group of 6.

Like, group 1 (6 pokémon) train Attack, group 2 (6 pokémon) train S.Attack.

Yeah, Horde Training is really faster than regular Power Item Training, I never said it wasn't. But Horde Training itself can be boring after a time (I efforted many and many Pokémon), so, for me, I see advantage in PokéPelago. Different people have different needs, so I understand those who were not pleased by PokéPelago.

We can train 3 differents stats, but in group of 6.

Like, group 1 (6 pokémon) train Attack, group 2 (6 pokémon) train S.Attack.

Yes, I know that. What I'm saying is, unless you can put a Pokemon in 2 groups at the same time you'll need at least 19 hours to fully train it (using both Vitamins and Beans, 31.5 hours without Vitamins) which is probably more time than you spend sleeping and at work/school in a day (or over a day if you don't use Vitamins).

Yeah, Horde Training is really faster than regular Power Item Training, I never said it wasn't. But Horde Training itself can be boring after a time (I efforted many and many Pokémon), so, for me, I see advantage in PokéPelago.

I said it's less boring than regular EV training which is unfortunately our only other option now.

http://i.********/vp/1478997609650.png
http://i.********/vp/1478999355721.png

Some dudes have posted those on 4chan right now and I'm freaking out here

Regarding EV training, passive features sound good to me even if you have to wait over 24 hours. It's Hyper Training that sounds problematic considering how time-consuming training to level 100 is.

And maybe going through the portal between the Sun and Moon worlds accelerates the passage of time?

Yes, I know that. What I'm saying is, unless you can put a Pokemon in 2 groups at the same time you'll need at least 19 hours to fully train it (using both Vitamins and Beans, 31.5 hours without Vitamins) which is probably more time than you spend sleeping and at work/school in a day (or over a day if you don't use Vitamins).

I said it's less boring than regular EV training which is unfortunately our only other option now.
Sorry I typed faster insted of less boring. But it was what I meant lol

Regarding EV training, passive features sound good to me even if you have to wait over 24 hours. It's Hyper Training that sounds problematic considering how time-consuming training to level 100 is.

And maybe going through the portal between the Sun and Moon worlds accelerates the passage of time?
I believe there are going to be drinks from Poke Pelago that raise a Pokemon's level automatically, (the maximum one being raising 10 levels at once) so it shouldn't be as hard to get them to level 100 once you have access to them.

I believe there are going to be drinks from Poke Pelago that raise a Pokemon's level automatically, (the maximum one being raising 10 levels at once) so it shouldn't be as hard to get them to level 100 once you have access to them.
Any idea how long it takes to get those drinks and bottle caps?

Back
Top Bottom