• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] Sun&Moon Datamine Thread (No story spoilers!)

Welcome to the Aslowla region

If this was GF's attempt at balance, I don't think it worked very well...

lets wait maybe gen 4 games and a third instalment are waiting for us? this years 20 aniversary.
Its not bad, speed can be compensated with strategy and modifictation of added abilities and moves to movesets.
Plus we got nice priority moves and Leech Life 80 power and learned by Inceroar(Fake Out).
Look at the good sides too.

Now in future we need only more special Bug moves and some other new things and modifications.
(re-nerf Gengar letting it have Levitate and Cursed Body, one as secondary ability, Mega gengar is already weak to ground... I know many ghost have Levitate but why such a sudden change now after 6 generations, why taking it away, adding new secondary (buffed Cursed Body) ability only would be enough)

Imagine Komala getting Draco Hammer and Slack Off in future. (this one can't get poisened, burned,paralyze or frozen people)

Vikavolt and other slower bugs and pokemon could get First Impression actually in future or not?

Last edited:
Surely that isn't really ALL the male hairstyles they have?

I'm relieved we can get perfect IVs and HAs (and shinies!) from SOS chaining. No egg moves though and no way to check what you're getting but on the other hand it seems a Pokemon can have more than 3 guaranteed IVs this time around.

On another topic, it seems they gave some Pokemon substantial buffs now instead of just a +10 in a single stat. Unfortunately Politoed and Dustox remain inferior to their counterparts BST-wise. :(

Last edited:
Wimpod is 80 speed
Wimp Out

Golisopod is 40 speed???
Emergency Exit

what will be the big diffrence between them?
Maybe a Belly Drum(if it would learn it in future) user that instatly switches and then can hit harder with First Impression?

Because if it switches it out self and is send back on the field it could use it more then once?

Trick Room , Tailwind , moves and abilities that rise and lower speed and priority moves are becoming really good handled now even more. (how many new pokes learn them)

-If only Intimidate would also reduce special attack and speed.

Surely that isn't really ALL the male hairstyles they have?

Actually, you're right. I checked some of the customization images from the trailers and this one is not included:

jkulu.jpg

However, I'd thought the males would have bangs options too, but that doesn't seem to be the case when I look at the other images I've got. The bangs always seem to be the same...

Whatever is in SM for EV training It's definitely a step back from XY and ORAS comfortly Super training + Horde battles combination. No ST isnt even the problem but no horde is. With them it only takes about 10 minutes to maximaze the EVs for a pokemon.

When training is also slower then I stay at ORAS for breeding and training transfering them to SM afterwards.

Actually, you're right. I checked some of the customization images from the trailers and this one is not included:

View attachment 101557

However, I'd thought the males would have bangs options too, but that doesn't seem to be the case when I look at the other images I've got. The bangs always seem to be the same...

Hopefully there are others that have been missed. Although, if that is indeed everything, then I suppose it is fine that they have atleast one somewhat longer hairstyle. Although, honestly, I prefer the longer hairstyle we had in XY than this. Let's hope there are other hairstyles hidden, or even simply not uploaded yet.

Damn, why does Moon literally only have one exclusive (Lunala) that I like? Garchomp, Flygon, A-Ninetales, Midday Lycanroc.. why you all gotta be Sun exclusive. ): Heck, I even prefer Rampardos, Braviary, Passimian and Carracosta over their counterparts.

Has there been any documentation on hair colors?

Forgive me if this has been answered, but despite the entire games being leaked, and having searched multiple places, I still can't find out:

-if wonder trading is still a thing
-how soon into the game trading becomes available

?

As far as I'm concerned, the only major flaw of these games is the lack of obtainable Pokemon. There are only 30-50 Pokemon available via QR codes in addition to the 300 in the Alola Pokedex. That makes the total number the lowest in 10 whopping years.

-if wonder trading is still a thing
Yes. I think it's part of the Festival Plaza.

-how soon into the game trading becomes available
Over 30 minutes - maybe even close to an hour.

Is the festival plaza a place we have to go to like a town or is it something we can hop into at any time?

I would really loathe downgrading it to where I have to fly to a separate location when I wanna wonder trade. |:

Is the festival plaza a place we have to go to like a town or is it something we can hop into at any time?

I would really loathe downgrading it to where I have to fly to a separate location when I wanna wonder trade. |:

You access the Festival Plaza via a button in the menu, so you can go there whenever you want :)

O.O a-ninetales is sun only!? Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard and legitimately makes me not want to buy the game screw that! I'm sick of getting screwed out of my vulpix. Bad gamefreak bad! Dumb dumb dumb. They should have made rattata and grimer the exclusives and leave my poor beautiful ninetales out of it.

PLS let this be true, that would be the best thing ever :cry: I did hate EV-training with the hordes, I know it goes a lot faster that it did before, but you still have to keep count and pay good attention to which item the Pokémon carries and when it shouldn't carry it and ugh, just too much effort.
SOS Battle chaining also appears to increase the amount of EVs awarded.

Does anybody know how the 6v6 battling works in this game? (not talking about battle spot)
Is it like XY where you can challenge completely random people o 6v6 battles? Is there a list of people that are looking for battles?

Hello me again.

Would anyone mind answering the following.

Is Zygarde available in the main game or only post game? Please don't tell me the plot or anything around it, just main game or post game :)
The sea urchin thing from TCG, what is the final evos stats and typing? :D

Hello me again.

Would anyone mind answering the following.

Is Zygarde available in the main game or only post game? Please don't tell me the plot or anything around it, just main game or post game :)
The sea urchin thing from TCG, what is the final evos stats and typing? :D

Main game, you collect cells during to get the forms.

Mareanie
Poison/Water
Abilities: Merciless / Limber / Regenerator
HP: 50 / Atk: 53 / Def: 62 / SpAtk: 43 / SpDef: 52 / Spe: 45

Toxapex
Poison/Water
HP: 50 / Atk: 63 / Def: 152 / SpAtk: 53 / SpDef: 142 / Spe: 35

Merciless: The pokemon's attacks become critical hits if the target is poisoned.

Main game, you collect cells during to get the forms.

Mareanie
Poison/Water
HP: 50 / Atk: 53 / Def: 62 / SpAtk: 43 / SpDef: 52 / Spe: 45

Toxapex
Poison/Water
HP: 50 / Atk: 63 / Def: 152 / SpAtk: 53 / SpDef: 142 / Spe: 35

Merciless: The pokemon's attacks become critical hits if the target is poisoned.

Thank you very much :) Must say I didn't predict Poison but at least it's Water Type :)

I am not sure you can do anything with the cells before the post-game.

Ah thanks, guess thats a new spot free on my team.

Back
Top Bottom